GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Augmented Reality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 05:25 PM

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
2022 GLE 450, 2024 Volvo XC 60
Originally Posted by mikapen
That's what we've been told. M-B apparently was a leader in adopting What3Words.

Try it - put any address in the search box. https://what3words.com/clip.apples.leap
I have the phone app, which will send my location to emergency responders.
Help me out here. What search box are you referencing? Something on a computer which would send it to the vehicle? How would that help if you were on the go and needed an accurate set of directions? What am I missing? Thanks.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by Imanone
Help me out here. What search box are you referencing? Something on a computer which would send it to the vehicle? How would that help if you were on the go and needed an accurate set of directions? What am I missing? Thanks.
Hit the magnifying glass symbol, to the right of the 3 words. Enter the old fashioned street address, and it'll fill in with the 3 words that apply. Notice there are many more squares, for more precise location than an address.
The following users liked this post:
DREKNOWSBENZ (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 05:42 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Originally Posted by Todd R
I just took delivery of my MY2022 CLA 35 and had ordered the MB Nav with the Augmented Reality feature and also the Burmester audio system... I did not receive either the AR feature or the Burmester. The price was reduced $345 for the lack of AR and the $850 charge for Burmester was removed.

My build sheet shows that the installed MBUX unit is a mid-level 458 unit and therefor cannot be retrofitted for AR, even the third-party after-market camera+ options won't work without the hi-res processing 459 MBUX installed. The Substitute audio for Burmester in AMG models is proving OK as it has a trunk mounted subwoofer and an adequate MBUX software equalizer.

Importantly,the car came with a fully active HERMES module, and so all of the on and off-board connectivity stuff works just fine. The MB Nav (without the AR) is very, very good and far exceeds the Google Maps option. The MB Nav integration of Mercedes Me services such as weather, automatic/dynamic re-routing for accidents, traffic and closures, plus parking spot location and auto-payment are impressive and very useful.
I really feel they are open to class action as they have not been transparent in this process and the sales reps are not being honest about what you lose when losing augmented reality. Your losing ability upgrade in the future and that's a no no. I'm sure there is a law regarding . Any lawyers on here with this type knowledge. Especially when you whetted not told before hand. In some cases people where charged full price for things they never received. It was not until recently they started giving discounts based on what you lose but their $ are easily not correct. They give you measly 350$ losing augmented reality but in essence your losing mbux 549 if I'm not mistaken as that's only sure fire way to getit that i know of. In either case 350$ for mbux 548 no upgrade capabilities for dash cam which is very very simple upgrade if you have mbux 549. That's good to know thx fir info buddy
Old 01-10-2022, 05:47 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Originally Posted by mikapen
Hit the magnifying glass symbol, to the right of the 3 words. Enter the old fashioned street address, and it'll fill in with the 3 words that apply. Notice there are many more squares, for more precise location than an address.
or go on phone use app get the 3 words and then you can hust say mercedes .. navigate what3words "Apple,Bank, Pipe " whatever it is I'm not sure command order as I'm waiting on my car but there's YouTube
WindInMyHair (01-11-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE
Originally Posted by DREKNOWSBENZ
I really feel they are open to class action as they have not been transparent in this process and the sales reps are not being honest about what you lose when losing augmented reality. Your losing ability upgrade in the future and that's a no no. I'm sure there is a law regarding . Any lawyers on here with this type knowledge. Especially when you whetted not told before hand. In some cases people where charged full price for things they never received. It was not until recently they started giving discounts based on what you lose but their $ are easily not correct. They give you measly 350$ losing augmented reality but in essence your losing mbux 549 if I'm not mistaken as that's only sure fire way to getit that i know of. In either case 350$ for mbux 548 no upgrade capabilities for dash cam which is very very simple upgrade if you have mbux 549. That's good to know thx fir info buddy
Not sure about this but I think the camera that is used for AR is also used for the multibeam headlights and this is why they have also been taken out of the options at the moment.

When I first spoke to my dealer here in Sweden she mentioned that only AR and memory seats were unavailable at the moment.
Only after I specifically asked her about multibeam she then told me that the GLE would come with static LEDs.

She still didn’t say anything about the wireless charger and the kick to open function for the trunk even though I know lots of people are having those taken away.

I told her I would wait and would not go through with my order.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE V167
Originally Posted by fm_carv
Not sure about this but I think the camera that is used for AR is also used for the multibeam headlights and this is why they have also been taken out of the options at the moment.

When I first spoke to my dealer here in Sweden she mentioned that only AR and memory seats were unavailable at the moment.
Only after I specifically asked her about multibeam she then told me that the GLE would come with static LEDs.

She still didn’t say anything about the wireless charger and the kick to open function for the trunk even though I know lots of people are having those taken away.

I told her I would wait and would not go through with my order.
No, its different cameras for multibeam and augmented reality. AR works via lower camera (also as dashcam), multibeam+sign recognition+lane assist+etc works via multifunctional camera (that could be 2 types: mono or stereo) and its located at the top
fm_carv (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 06:15 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Indeed I'm on wis now

Here the retrofit for camera only for 118, 117, 247

Old 01-30-2022, 07:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2022 AMG CLA 35
Exclamation Progress, But Need MBUX 549

[QUOTE=DREKNOWSBENZ;8502464]Here the retrofit for camera only for 118, 117, 247

Informative, but now the hard part is assuring that the required high resolution.overlay processing version of MBUX (build code 549) was included in your vehicle build. Many recent manufacturing builds have substituted MBUX (build code 548) that cannot support the Hi-Res camera used for AR and Dashcam. The 549 processor also is also required to enable the driver-side full size Nav Map display selection via the usual MBUX customization controls. You can get a copy of your (usually lengthy) factory build sheet by using the VIN# and having someone with login/access (your dealer SA or sales manager) download it for you.

My car is 2022 AMG CLA 35 and MB manufacturing deleted the ordered AR, which was to be included in the Full Multimedia/Nav package by skipping the Hi-Res camera and substituting an MBUX 548 processor into my build. Everything else works fine, but no AR... and no option to upgrade later because of the absent 549 unit. Another interesting thing I have stumbled on is that UK bound MY22 CLA 45s and some US bound MY 22 CLA 45 models arrived with 549/AR and Burmester audio upgrade (if ordered)... while the AMG CLA 35 models do not.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:10 AM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
You why a Parker 128 that's 549

[QUOTE=Todd R;8502657]
Here the retrofit for camera only for 118, 117, 247

Informative, but now the hard part is assuring that the required high resolution.overlay processing version of MBUX (build code 549) was included in your vehicle build. Many recent manufacturing builds have substituted MBUX (build code 548) that cannot support the Hi-Res camera used for AR and Dashcam. The 549 processor also is also required to enable the driver-side full size Nav Map display selection via the usual MBUX customization controls. You can get a copy of your (usually lengthy) factory build sheet by using the VIN# and having someone with login/access (your dealer SA or sales manager) download it for you.

My car is 2022 AMG CLA 35 and MB manufacturing deleted the ordered AR, which was to be included in the Full Multimedia/Nav package by skipping the Hi-Res camera and substituting an MBUX 548 processor into my build. Everything else works fine, but no AR... and no option to upgrade later because of the absent 549 unit. Another interesting thing I have stumbled on is that UK bound MY22 CLA 45s and some US bound MY 22 CLA 45 models arrived with 549/AR and Burmester audio upgrade (if ordered)... while the AMG CLA 35 models do not.
Indeed you need the Parker 128 which is what the 549 is or else you need a 3rd party solution get video. I not sure which module changes there n133/1 as they are not identified on the sheets. If anyone better understanding of wis and benz EPC codes and what a parker128 would go be nice . I have not been able find.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:21 AM

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE350 4Matic; 2023 Tesla Model Y
Opps, double posted somehow.

Last edited by TexAg91; 01-30-2022 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:26 AM

Why do you think losing the ability to upgrade your current model year car is against the law? Did Mercedes claim your car has the ability to be upgraded, is that in writing and included with your purchase contract? Software OTA updates to correct bugs is one thing, but adding new features is another. Tesla makes this claim, but I’m not aware Mercedes does. To my knowledge Mercedes upgrades future model years cars not the current ones. That’s part of the sales incentive to motivate you to buy a new one.

To have legal case you’re gonna have to show a breach of contract — due to supplier problems cars are being delivered without all the options that were checked on the order sheet. If the deletions were made known to you at the time of purchase, and you agreed to the discounted price and signed the contact, you accept the car as is. Unless the sales contract specifies additional features will be added at a later date when they become available, legally there is no contractual breach.

What contracturally are you basing your claims on? Keep in mind all that paperwork you signed when you purchased the car are the legally binding documents. What do they say? That specifies what you agreed to in writing. What you feel is irrelevant, it is what you agree to that is legally binding.
Old 01-30-2022, 01:31 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Based on class action lawyers

Originally Posted by TexAg91
Why do you think losing the ability to upgrade your current model year car is against the law? Did Mercedes claim your car has the ability to be upgraded, is that in writing and included with your purchase contract? Software OTA updates to correct bugs is one thing, but adding new features is another. Tesla makes this claim, but I’m not aware Mercedes does. To my knowledge Mercedes upgrades future model years cars not the current ones. That’s part of the sales incentive to motivate you to buy a new one.

To have legal case you’re gonna have to show a breach of contract — due to supplier problems cars are being delivered without all the options that were checked on the order sheet. If the deletions were made known to you at the time of purchase, and you agreed to the discounted price and signed the contact, you accept the car as is. Unless the sales contract specifies additional features will be added at a later date when they become available, legally there is no contractual breach.

What contracturally are you basing your claims on? Keep in mind all that paperwork you signed when you purchased the car are the legally binding documents. What do they say? That specifies what you agreed to in writing. What you feel is irrelevant, it is what you agree to that is legally binding.
UMMM been in talks with class action attorney for 2 firms. Your confused the issues u state are not it lol . And yes they did promise people in writing then did NOT DELIVER! go look at forums . Soo that's not issue one of issues is yes they on paper promising in many cases features options whatever and people did not get at all. Wru shouldn't people seek expert advice if they may. E getting duped or are they not supposed get the car with a feature the people paying for but are being duped and told after oh chip shortage to bad. And in many cases they don't find out until they take possession of car and waited long time for it. The fact lawyers are interested speaks volumes unless you are an expert in tort class action lawsuit I will defer to them not you. ANNNd yes there has been A history of lies and bait and switch tactics used I'm not just speaking about myself maybe you don't understand class action lawsuits they involve more one person...

I'M DONE ...
I HAVE SPOKEN
Old 01-30-2022, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,030 Likes on 698 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Good luck on that one…I can’t imagine any reputable Law Firm going Class Action in this environment. Mercedes can’t supply what they don’t have and the customer didn’t have to accept the car. There is a disclaimer posted on the Configurator for Mercedes, Audi & Porsche that I have seen…
mjb2124 (01-31-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 02:14 PM

Not sure I understand your response. You’ve been in talks with 2 class action law firms? Not sure why you’re being defensive though, you asked for opinions and I gave you mine. If you can answer my questions in the affirmative, then maybe you have a case.

Last edited by TexAg91; 01-30-2022 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2022, 05:32 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
And that's why your not a lawyer or a good one

Originally Posted by Ron.s
Good luck on that one…I can’t imagine any reputable Law Firm going Class Action in this environment. Mercedes can’t supply what they don’t have and the customer didn’t have to accept the car. There is a disclaimer posted on the Configurator for Mercedes, Audi & Porsche that I have seen…
OK YOU GUYS WIN lol I'm wrong your the know it all of the universe at whatever age. Congrats more money for me. What I care lol 😆 you act like I need make this up and when you make sense I'll answer I have shown you proof that what you said was wrong by other people's own words. And btw the environment has nothing to do with class action lol. People are still getting sued ROFL goto top settlement. Com in fact mercedes still dealing from recsll/ class action on Bluetec diesel so why would anyone lol not want money cuz you GODS OF THE FORUM SAY SO no just wish people like you where not aholes and try play devil advocate for sake. If I say sky is blue you'll prob say it isn't or in some places because some places you see aurora lol or you say on earth that's true like trying fund anything wrong you can pick at. You people need lives I'm in here too help the little people . Dunno what you're on here for oh that's right to antagonize people because you have some sort

napoleonic complex but I'm not going there. Or don't you think what they did below (if what he says true) is fine? No disclaimer agreement!: Guess your not mentally equipped to understand how that is wrong under any circumstance regardless of the "environment ".
I Have Spoken .
Old 01-30-2022, 05:36 PM

Received 204 Likes on 164 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
OK YOU GUYS WIN lol I'm wrong your the know it all of the universe at whatever age. Congrats more money for me. What I care lol 😆 you act like I need make this up and when you make sense I'll answer I have shown you proof that what you said was wrong by other people's own words. And btw the environment has nothing to do with class action lol. People are still getting sued ROFL goto top settlement. Com in fact mercedes still dealing from recsll/ class action on Bluetec diesel so why would anyone lol not want money cuz you GODS OF THE FORUM SAY SO no just wish people like you where not aholes and try play devil advocate for sake. If I say sky is blue you'll prob say it isn't or in some places because some places you see aurora lol or you say on earth that's true like trying fund anything wrong you can pick at. You people need lives I'm in here too help the little people . Dunno what you're on here for oh that's right to antagonize people because you have some sort

napoleonic complex but I'm not going there. Or don't you think what they did below (if what he says true) is fine? No disclaimer agreement!: Guess your not mentally equipped to understand how that is wrong under any circumstance regardless of the "environment ".
I Have Spoken .
I've never seen members of a class action lawsuit win any substantial amount of money. The lawyers always make more than the class members.
Imanone (01-31-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 05:39 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Aka Mr Mercedes expert and lawyer

Not sure I understand your response. You’ve been in talks with 2 class action law firms? Not sure why you’re being defensive though, you asked for opinions and I gave you mine. If you can answer my questions in the affirmative, then maybe you have a case.
I posted pics just couple cases where they did not fufill their end on the agreement their was no disclosure agreement signed. Other people report being told they would get in paper in writing and at end not get nor did they get the credit we get now where they say lite etc. That's what I'm basing it off and the lawyers interested. Why would they waste time if there was not possibility of money be made or recompense for the people affected. In not saying every case is like that no but there's plenty customers they have screwed you only need more than 1 agreeved party in class Action although most turn into bigger affairs.. I was commenting to the one person who was being extra b4
Old 01-30-2022, 07:33 PM

I'M DONE ...
I HAVE SPOKEN

Sorry Kuiil, I didn't hear you.

These 2 posts are from the UK and France. U.S. courts are open to foreign litigants and nothing textually says foreign citizens cannot “join” or take part in American class action cases. But in practice, it is almost always true that you must be an American citizen in order to take part in a class action lawsuit filed in the United States.

If you’re going to win a class action case, or any case for that matter, you’re going to have to have documented proof. -- internet posts don't constitute proof of anything. Did Mercedes charge these 2 customers for augmented reality, then delivered the car without it and did not provide documented notice to the buyers that the vehicle was missing this feature? Conversely, did they provide documentation that it had this feature when delivered when in reality it didn’t? That would be the proof needed to have a strong case. However, as Ron stated, you join a class action and the law firm is going to deduct their costs from the settlement and take half of the profit. What's left will be divided among the signees of the class action, and that's if you win. Most likely the law firm will settle and Mercedes will admit no fault. You'll be lucky to get a coupon for a free oil change...but if you feel strongly that you were aggrieved then by all mean go speak with an attorney.

Last edited by TexAg91; 01-30-2022 at 08:49 PM.
mjb2124 (01-31-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Internet forum posts are hearsay, what do the respective signed sales contract state? If you’re going to win a class action case, or any case for that matter, you’re going to have to have documented proof. Did Mercedes charge a customer for augmented reality, then delivered the car without it and did not provided documented notice to the buyer that the vehicle did not have augmented reality, or provide documentation that it did when it didn’t? That would be the proof you need to have a strong case. But by all means, sue away if you want to.
Correct and then it needs to include numerous buyers, prove intent, was the missing feature due to a supplier that can’t deliver JIT, etc. etc. Even more egregious is a Dealer raising the price over MSRP when a special order car is finally available. There is rarely if ever a written contract.
Here’s Mercedes notice when you go to build a car…it’s been there for some time.

Availability Notice

Due to a worldwide shortage, semiconductor chips that are typically present in our vehicles are limited in supply. This has changed the availability of certain features. Vehicle pricing will vary and depends on the availability of certain features. Please verify with your dealer whether any feature is available in a particular vehicle. To learn more, please see your dealer.

Last edited by Ron.s; 01-30-2022 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-30-2022, 09:00 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
I posted that I'm very aware

Originally Posted by Ron.s
Correct and then it needs to include numerous buyers, prove intent, was the missing feature due to a supplier that can’t deliver JIT, etc. etc. Even more egregious is a Dealer raising the price over MSRP when a special order car is finally available. There is rarely if ever a written contract.
Here’s Mercedes notice when you go to build a car…it’s been there for some time.

Availability Notice

Due to a worldwide shortage, semiconductor chips that are typically present in our vehicles are limited in supply. This has changed the availability of certain features. Vehicle pricing will vary and depends on the availability of certain features. Please verify with your dealer whether any feature is available in a particular vehicle. To learn more, please see your dealer.
Indeed i posted it its also vague the bit about augmented reality being affected but soon as chips available they will retrofit that's there for hermes lte but as it's grouped in same paragraph no Asterix how is consumer to know. BTW 90% dealers I spoke with did not even know much about what's really in the car. Here's the link I posted in another thread I believe . Start at currently I don't see any Asterix or small print I've looked. But that's not even the issue but certainly won't look good

Old 01-31-2022, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Start at currently I don't see any Asterix or small print I've looked. But that's not even the issue but certainly won't look good
Scroll down to the bottom of the page that you're looking at, mbusa.com/en/semiconductor-shortage , and click on "View disclaimer."
mjb2124 (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 08:37 AM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Thanks for that information

Originally Posted by Imanone
My 2022 450 has the 548. I had no idea that there was a newer model and I am fairly certain that my dealer would have played dumb and never would have tried to get the newer unit for me. My 548 loads very slowly and sometimes not at all. Have appt to have them take a look, but I already know the answer. If there was a way to get the 549, I would love to know about it.
thank you for that info. As far I know they say they can't retrofit but I have pdf showing the modules are not hard to access or just benz being lazy if you ask me. Thank you for this information this is type stuff I assumed it could cause your system to lag if you have a lesser cpu here are the SOC specifications if interested. That's what I am taking about I feel people like you should at minimum been told about the difference but ppl are defending mercedes like they can do no wrong. It's crazy cuz i just like helping fellow little guy. Thanks again if you have specifics on which components or systems lag I'd love to know. Thanks again . It's Tegra X1 basically the Reily Px is 548 and Parker would be the 549. EQS, AND S CLASS USE XAVIER HOWEVER EQS HAS MORE CHIP ON IT AND RAM SAME BOARD THOUGH JUST MAXED OUT ON EQS.

Last edited by DREKNOWSBENZ; 01-31-2022 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

… ppl are defending mercedes like they can do no wrong. It's crazy….
Let me get this straight…if we disagree with your speculation about the feasibility of a Class Action Suit…then we are defending Mercedes? Really?
Old 01-31-2022, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
The thread has been cleaned. Let's get back on topic and show a little civility.

Thanks
The following 4 users liked this post by Rock:
DREKNOWSBENZ (01-31-2022), Imanone (01-31-2022), TexAg91 (01-31-2022), user 7208224 (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 02:45 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Thanks

Originally Posted by Rock
The thread has been cleaned. Let's get back on topic and show a little civility.
Thanks admin
I'm just trying make sure people can get help if they feel they where taken advantage of, that was the purpose of my message. What's Ronalds other than to play devils advocate for no good reason . Ronald knows more than the lawyers I guess Ronalds a lawyer among other things. I'm done

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Augmented Reality