GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Burnmeister High-end 3d surround sound system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2021, 03:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
'21 gle 53
Burnmeister High-end 3d surround sound system

So I've had my GLE with the 3d surround sound for a couple weeks now, and this system sounds absolutely fantastic.
not only is it crystal clear (and deafening) at full volume but it hits low bass like I've never had in a car before.
Some songs disappoint me, but the ones that don't... My god.
If you like to listen to your music loud (especially with bass), you're doing yourself a disservice by not checking that box.

​​​
Old 07-17-2021, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 134 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
I had trouble justifying the price. And my ears are quite old.
Old 07-18-2021, 06:51 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
I was worried that the 'base' Burmester system wouldn't be good enough for me - I am coming from the top end systems in Lincoln vehicles. I normally spec my vehicles with top of the line everything, but the 3D system was a $6,900 upcharge which gave me pause.

The base system has met my expectations (I'm no audiophile) but I do find it lacking in the sense that the sound comes from lower in the cabin than I'm used to. I assume that's because I didn't spring for the high end system which places the extra speakers higher on the door pillars and in the ceiling, more like the Revel Ultima 28-speaker system in my old Aviator.

The base system also does not lack in bass.
Old 07-18-2021, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
I have to jump in here. Yes the 3D audio does play Loud. Much louder than you really know, without a dB meter. That's because there is such a low level of distortion and artifacts, that you don't get "listener fatigue," which makes you want to turn down the sound.

I do call myself an Audiophile, and I "audition" auto sound systems. I take my own sources of various music and spend a half hour listening, at rest and on the road. I had a job in College, while I was studying Acoustics, that turned out to be an expensive experience. I was a Paid Listener for an electronic organ company as they refined their sound profiles. (Their test room consisted of 120 12" speakers, driven by 60 McIntosh amps, capable of 8Hz at 120dB!) I learned what makes speakers/electronics sound bad and good, and I've paid extra over the years to avoid the bad, in my home systems.

The Burmester 3D is the purest audio I have experienced in a car. Including really high dollar, audiophile custom jobs, and of course the high end offerings from many auto brands.
It's phase coherency, time alignment and driver (speaker) control are excellent. The Acoustic match to the car is great.

All these features make it really enjoyable to listen to, especially at low levels, which is an acid test.
Then, select "VIP Seat" and all that time alignment, phase coherency and impact is focused on YOU and it's exhilarating / calming / revealing. (You can select one seat, a row of seats, or all seats.)

I spent 3,000 miles in our prior GLE450 with 3D Audio. I would take it out on drives just to enjoy the sound (memory stick). Or just sit in the garage listening. I miss it a lot.

Unfortunately my order for the 53 locked before I added it to the order, less than a week.
What was I thinking, debating between the AMG Ride Control and the Burmester?
BOTH is the answer.

Yes it's worth the money.
And it's the one thing that might make me want to trade.

Last edited by mikapen; 07-18-2021 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:41 PM

Received 403 Likes on 256 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE350 4Matic; 2023 Tesla Model Y
Originally Posted by mikapen
I do call myself an Audiophile, and I "audition" auto sound systems. I take my own sources of various music and spend a half hour listening, at rest and on the road. I had a job in College, while I was studying Acoustics, that turned out to be an expensive experience. I was a Paid Listener for an electronic organ company as they refined their sound profiles. (Their test room consisted of 120 12" speakers, driven by 60 McIntosh amps, capable of 8Hz at 120dB!) I learned what makes speakers/electronics sound bad and good, and I've paid extra over the years to avoid the bad, in my home systems.
...and you can still hear?
The following users liked this post:
mikapen (07-18-2021)
Old 07-18-2021, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by TexAg91
...and you can still hear?
Huh?
Old 07-22-2021, 02:06 PM

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts
2021 GLE450
Originally Posted by Dank53
So I've had my GLE with the 3d surround sound for a couple weeks now, and this system sounds absolutely fantastic.
not only is it crystal clear (and deafening) at full volume but it hits low bass like I've never had in a car before.
Some songs disappoint me, but the ones that don't... My god.
If you like to listen to your music loud (especially with bass), you're doing yourself a disservice by not checking that box.

​​​
If you can't set off the car alarms as you slowly drive by parked cars, the bass is not deep enough.
The following users liked this post:
Dank53 (08-03-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 02:20 PM

Received 201 Likes on 143 Posts
2021 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by nextmilenium
If you can't set off the car alarms as you slowly drive by parked cars, the bass is not deep enough.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​