GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Full Screen Navigation on the Drivers Display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,186 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by DREKNOWSBENZ
I would contact lawyer as I've been in contact with lawyers and if in fact they did what you said and I believe they have done it to thousands this is open for class action. You cannot Bait and switch is illegal at least in usa it is I'm sure Australian laws are much the same in that regard the 548 comes with Reily px and the 549 Cones with the better Parker 128 SOC YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE AWARE OF THIS AND THE LOSS OF CERTAIN ABILITIES LIKE NO VIDEO IN 548 at all nor full screen navigation in drivers side like they show many people b4 they sold them the cars and many people expected they would get what they paid for but didn't
I don't think anybody came and dismantled his dash, to replace it with a different head unit. That would be theft, not bait and switch.
But I think the poster would have noticed someone working on his car.

He probably switched profiles or changed a setting, and hopefully this thread has helped him sort it out.
Old 01-28-2022, 05:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Originally Posted by Eaton
Is video playing and full-screen driver navigation advertised anywhere though?
I agree it's annoying there are different MBUX units.
yes it is actually was shown by sales and video does not be advertised the law is based off deception. Bait and switch laws so there are lies by omission. Besides if they say "ALL YOUR LOSING IS AUGMENTED REALITY" THATS UNTRUE and you can't do that. The more people that don't stand for it the better irk be for everyone in the long run in terms of compensation or service . Aldo they do state that augmented reality will be retrofitted when components are available I realize camera in in there but they are talking about chips so it's vague enough that a judge might agree
Old 01-28-2022, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,186 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by DREKNOWSBENZ
yes it is actually was shown by sales and video does not be advertised the law is based off deception. Bait and switch laws so there are lies by omission
Which is why those things you see from Mercedes or any manufacturer, have disclaimers as required.
Usually pretty fine print, but I'll bet you it's there.
​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
cupecoy (01-30-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 09:32 AM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Nope no fine print

Originally Posted by mikapen
Which is why those things you see from Mercedes or any manufacturer, have disclaimers as required.
Usually pretty fine print, but I'll bet you it's there.
​​​​​​
I'm on website there's no fine print anywhere

feel free look yourself trust me in in contact 27th corporate regarding this as I said it very well could lead class action. Why they are selling cars telling them they will very certain features nothing in writing saying they won't then they recieve car without and that's wrong it's pressure tactic once you've waited 3 month sometimes much longer in most cases you want transparency that's all
Old 01-30-2022, 07:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CAR
So very specifically, if you have the 548 head unit (and therefore no AR), what other functions are missing, compared to the 549 head unit?

1. Full screen nav in drivers instrument cluster.

Traffic light cam? Live traffic? What else is missing?
Old 01-30-2022, 08:42 AM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
2 things maybe more

Originally Posted by CALLA
So very specifically, if you have the 548 head unit (and therefore no AR), what other functions are missing, compared to the 549 head unit?

no video at all without buying 3rd party device cost 300$ not an elegant solution. No full screen navigation if it was shown to people as an option they would have turn after told no that's definitely a bait n switch if just lie by omission whatever u want to call it is wrong. There may be some limitations in linguatronics and how fast it responds overall because what people don't understand this is the MAIN COMPUTER FOR YOUR CARS HEAD DASH UNIT . There are are others like A40/16 is the # for hud but for your big screen to be hooked up to a older SOC ( system on chip) and my main point they don't distinguish clearly. If you get 548 or lower any version you being given REILY PX AND 549 Parker 128 it is on website somewhere buried under ge real spec. Difference but very difficult find. This is no different then then even they use lie call the old system burmester when they had not one burmester component but where tuned by them or some ****. I believe that has changed but I hate expensive companies ****ting in our hands calling it gold and having pay more for it. They need be upfront. Just like on phone you get specs now cars sets more electronics then b4 I think it's valid point
Old 01-30-2022, 08:46 AM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Would b3 nice get what we paid for

Does your spec sheet list the 549 MBUX high-end?
that looks great to bad nobody getting it 548
Old 01-30-2022, 10:38 AM

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things

Live traffic is a function of the missing LTE module. That will be retrofitted and will work in the future.

In addition to what you mentioned, as noted here, the ability to play video from USB (while not moving) is available on the 549 but not the 548.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
GLE 350 4Matic AMG Exterior
Originally Posted by mikapen
I don't think anybody came and dismantled his dash, to replace it with a different head unit. That would be theft, not bait and switch.
But I think the poster would have noticed someone working on his car.

He probably switched profiles or changed a setting, and hopefully this thread has helped him sort it out.
I had the full screen option up until I went back to the dealership (1 week after driving off the lot) so my sales guy could give me a tutorial of the MBUX system and answer any questions I had about my vehicle. We started by setting up my profile and that is when both myself and my sales guy noticed the 3rd circle for full screen navigation gone. He was confused why it wasn't there no more because this was one of the features he pointed out during our first look at the car when we went on a test drive. My sales guy even spoke to the service guy about this and I brought the vehicle in on a later day when they had availability to take my car in. My car was at the dealership for this issue and to fix my wireless charger not working on my iPhone 12 (they were able to resolve that) but my service guy could no figure out how to bring back the full screen display on the drivers screen. He couldn't understand why MB would remove a feature after purchase and there was no way for me to prove to him that it was there even though my sales guy was vouching for me. The only way to prove it was if I had a picture and I simply did not have one as I did not think I would have had this issue. It sucks that it ended the way it did but I'm still looking for ways to get it back if possible.

They even tried setting up a new guest profile to see if it would show up and that didn't work either.
The following users liked this post:
mikapen (01-31-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 996 Likes on 583 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Kleen_GLE
I had the full screen option up until I went back to the dealership (1 week after driving off the lot) so my sales guy could give me a tutorial of the MBUX system and answer any questions I had about my vehicle. We started by setting up my profile and that is when both myself and my sales guy noticed the 3rd circle for full screen navigation gone. He was confused why it wasn't there no more because this was one of the features he pointed out during our first look at the car when we went on a test drive. My sales guy even spoke to the service guy about this and I brought the vehicle in on a later day when they had availability to take my car in. My car was at the dealership for this issue and to fix my wireless charger not working on my iPhone 12 (they were able to resolve that) but my service guy could no figure out how to bring back the full screen display on the drivers screen. He couldn't understand why MB would remove a feature after purchase and there was no way for me to prove to him that it was there even though my sales guy was vouching for me. The only way to prove it was if I had a picture and I simply did not have one as I did not think I would have had this issue. It sucks that it ended the way it did but I'm still looking for ways to get it back if possible.

They even tried setting up a new guest profile to see if it would show up and that didn't work either.
Maybe this will help:

Old 01-30-2022, 11:31 PM

Maybe this will help:

Thanks for sharing…

Two questions
1) am I able to do those steps myself? If so I do complete the first step?
2) if I perform a reset will I loose my profiles and it’s configurations
Old 01-30-2022, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
Thanks for sharing…

Two questions
1) am I able to do those steps myself? If so I do complete the first step?
2) if I perform a reset will I loose my profiles and it’s configurations
Impossible to do yourself unfortunately. Must be done by dealer.

You can back up your settings to a USB and restore them if they do carry out that reset.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:20 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CAR

So with the wireless charging/LTE not in the cars now, the Live Traffic isnt functioning? What about speed limit sign recognition? What else?

And also the Mercedes Me ap isnt "working" fully, too? So what is missing here?
...remote start? Remote Lock/unlock door locks?
Old 01-31-2022, 09:55 AM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Thx ya I got this doc too

Maybe this will help:

thx I got this document too appreciate it though
Old 01-31-2022, 11:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2022 GLE 350
So with the wireless charging/LTE not in the cars now, the Live Traffic isnt functioning? What about speed limit sign recognition? What else?

And also the Mercedes Me ap isnt "working" fully, too? So what is missing here?
...remote start? Remote Lock/unlock door locks?
I received my 2022 GLE 350 about 3 weeks ago. Wireless charging was removed and I was credited $200. I was told during build that augmented reality was not available. I did receive 548 head unit so I can't do full screen NAV on the left screen.

Live traffic works fine.
Speed limit recognition works fine.
Mercedes Me App works fine as well. I don't see any issues with the app. Remote start is fully functional. Remote lock/unlock is fully functional. Changing settings on the car within the app and it synchronizing to the car is fully functional as well.
The following 2 users liked this post by mjb2124:
jaxslk (01-31-2022), mikapen (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 01:01 PM

Impossible to do yourself unfortunately. Must be done by dealer.

You can back up your settings to a USB and restore them if they do carry out that reset.
After looking at my saved bookmarks on my PC I had that document saved from someone sharing it earlier in the post which I've provided to the service guy when I dropped my car off. I think he said something along the lines of they have access too all the service bulletins from Mercedes and that this one didn't really apply me which is why I was hoping if I could do it myself.

Can I ask you, did you your dealership do those steps to your car? What was your issue and did it end up fixing it?
Old 01-31-2022, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
After looking at my saved bookmarks on my PC I had that document saved from someone sharing it earlier in the post which I've provided to the service guy when I dropped my car off. I think he said something along the lines of they have access too all the service bulletins from Mercedes and that this one didn't really apply me which is why I was hoping if I could do it myself.

Can I ask you, did you your dealership do those steps to your car? What was your issue and did it end up fixing it?
I have not had this problem, but I had that information saved in case it happened to me.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:51 PM

CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Not impossible with xentry b you sure?

I think if you have Xentry you can do most things there are calibration steps that require additional equipment for certain sensors cameras. But technically not impossible but very unlikely for most. I'm being a devil advocate now lol I'm hypocrite