Oil Filter Change?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLE 350
Oil Filter Change?

Hello,

I searched through these forums and through youtube, but I'm not actually sure how to replace the oil filter. I removed the oil filter from the engine but I'm not sure how to go about taking the filter out from the housing. I saw a youtube video of someone just pulling it off with force but it was a different looking filter housing than what mine looks like so I was scared to just brute force it. Please let me know if you guys know how to do this. Thank you
Old 12-12-2021, 08:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,977 Likes on 3,126 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...ml#post8175337
Old 12-12-2021, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 GLE 350
Thank you for the link and help. I did take a look at this but I guess I didn't phrase my question correctly. For the housing that holds the actual oil filter, in some videos they take it apart by pulling on the long black stick looking thing. But I never knew all I had to do was pull on the actual filter and it would just pop right off. I couldn't find a single documentation online about how the filter pops off the housing and I was worried to mess around with it myself in case I broke something. Luckily today I just gave up and just gave the filter a pull and it came right off.

If by chance there's someone reading this with the same question I had, just pull on the actual filter that you want to replace out and it should pop right off the housing.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (12-12-2021)