GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

MB Maintenance Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS 450
Angry MB Maintenance Package

I got a new GLE450 in December of 2021 and I got the MB Maintenance Package for $2650.00 but My wife was not happy with the car because she want more space. on May 14 we trade our GLE with only 4k miles for a new GLS 450. We found that the maintenance package that we never used for the GLE because we never got to the point to use could not be transfer for refund to the new GLS. Whatttt? I heard the all the other car makes aloud you to transfer the package if you had not used. I call the Mercedes and opened a complain case with then but never got an answer in 1 week. What should I do? Any number to call? Look for an attorney? Post my review on social media? I'm trying to solve the problem directly with Mercedez but feels like they are not paying attention for my case. Any Help please?
Old 05-20-2022, 09:17 PM

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts
2022 GLE450
Maybe read the terms but I believe it is not transferable. Customer service is a mystery - hopefully someone here can help with a contact. Likely you would only get help in good faith as they are not contractually obligated.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:39 PM

GLS 450
Originally Posted by hutch300
Maybe read the terms but I believe it is not transferable. Customer service is a mystery - hopefully someone here can help with a contact. Likely you would only get help in good faith as they are not contractually obligated.
Thank you for you reply. That is what I'm trying to do, asking for help in good faith, because I just change from a GLE to GLS in 5 months. I don't see why they would not help a customer that stay with then and want to stay doing business with then for a long time. Almost all the other car manufactures will work with their customer, but its much helpful when the manager gets involved and help. In my case, my local B dealer is too small and can't get any new cars at this moment, so I have no option than buy from other states. I live in SC and The GLE I got from PA, I call then to change for the GLS and they didn't have the car that I want, so I got the GLS from FL. Feels like nobody really want to help.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:18 AM

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts
2021 GLS450 2020 GLE350 2005 BMW 325ci Convertible
When I traded in my E for my GLE two years ago, the dealer credited me for a percentage of the unused plan against the purchase of the new plan for my new car.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:23 AM

GLS 450
Thank you for letting me know. I don't understand why the dealers don't want to help with that. I know it's 2 different deals but it's still Mercedes, and it's been hard to find someone to help. I'm about to go on all social media and advise people about that crap. I don't want nobody to go to that situation that I'm going to.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 215 Likes on 149 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Always buy the maintenance package on the day you will do your first Service A. That way you don't get this problem. Don't fall for "it might go up next year..." sale pitch.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:58 PM

GLS 450
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
Always buy the maintenance package on the day you will do your first Service A. That way you don't get this problem. Don't fall for "it might go up next year..." sale pitch.
You are right, I leaned my lesson. Can you beloved the the new dealer was still trying to sell me the same package. I said "hell no, I'm not buying nothing extra from MB". I normally don't buy nothing extra on my cars but that was my first MB and I always heard that maintenance was expensive and its was from MB, I aloud then to fool me. I know it's my own fault.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:03 PM

2022 GLE450
They love to show receipts from proposed services. Its hilarious how they manipulate people on this. It should be regulated by MB and fixed price.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:45 PM

GLS 450
They love to show receipts from proposed services. Its hilarious how they manipulate people on this. It should be regulated by MB and fixed price.
The BIG problem that I'm finding out know is that MB knows about the dirty game and they are happy because they are getting they big money too. I thought that was just the Financial Guy or just the Dealers but MB is Behind all of that.
Many others car Makers are accepting to transfer or to partially refund for the service that you don't used. I heard a testimony of someone that got a used Mercedes with that maintenance package from a private seller and MB dealer refuse to honer the plan because they say the original owner is the only one aloud to use the plan. They are jokers.
MB is ok with theirs dealers charging up to $30K over the sticker price (they try to do that to me in TN and I said NO). It's no respect to the customers, many others Car Makers are stepping out in the defense of the Costumers and saying that they will penalize the dealers with that attitude, unfortunately MB is competing with that. Shame on then.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:47 PM

GLS 450
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." MLK
Old 05-23-2022, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by samuelbrusa
The BIG problem that I'm finding out know is that MB knows about the dirty game and they are happy because they are getting they big money too. I thought that was just the Financial Guy or just the Dealers but MB is Behind all of that.
Many others car Makers are accepting to transfer or to partially refund for the service that you don't used. I heard a testimony of someone that got a used Mercedes with that maintenance package from a private seller and MB dealer refuse to honer the plan because they say the original owner is the only one aloud to use the plan. They are jokers.
MB is ok with theirs dealers charging up to $30K over the sticker price (they try to do that to me in TN and I said NO). It's no respect to the customers, many others Car Makers are stepping out in the defense of the Costumers and saying that they will penalize the dealers with that attitude, unfortunately MB is competing with that. Shame on then.
That's quite the conspiracy theory.
What it really sounds like is you haven't read your contact yet. Most of what you talk about is addressed there, including solutions to some of your issues.
The following users liked this post:
hutch300 (05-23-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 06:24 PM

GLS 450
Originally Posted by mikapen
That's quite the conspiracy theory.
What it really sounds like is you haven't read your contact yet. Most of what you talk about is addressed there, including solutions to some of your issues.
Let me give you the facts and then you can make your own judgment:
1) you are 100% right I haven't read the contract the way I should. It's my fault that got the car online and didn't pay attention for those details, I'm still looking for that paper work or contract to see what that says, but I can't blame no body for that.
2) When I call MB corporate they told me to resolve this problem with the dealer not with then. I told then that this maintenance package is advertised on MB website, so it's not a dealer private product it's a MB product/service/warranty/package sold by the dealer who represents MB.
3)The $30k over the sticker price I have proof. A dealer from TN send me the email with the sticker price and I made the application. He called me a few hours later saying that I was approved, when I ask about the number I found that he was Charging me $30k over the sticker price because I was an out of state costumer. When I said no thank you, he said he could be good and only charge me $20k extra (same price that in state costumers was paying). Don't you think MB knows that? How bad that make then look?
4)I found the Car from PA and they was only charging $5k extra, I said ok.
5) the new GLS I got from FL and they ask for $10k, I said I would only pay the same $5k that I paid the other dealer. They told me that they was having no problem getting the cars for $10k extra in FL but dropped to $6k.
6) GM treated their dealers that was doing this with the lack of suppling then cars and sending cars that was not acting like that.
7)my wife got a work car for her company from Hyundai and it was $0 over the sticker price.
8) other car makers are stepping out for their costumers, had you heard MB doing anything? We know price is going up but what justifies charging over the Sticker price? The time of crises come to separate the good from the bad. Thanking advantage because of the shortage that we facing today is just not right, at least on my Opinion.
Old 05-23-2022, 07:31 PM

2022 GLE450
You made an uniformed purchase and are upset online. It it not their fault you did that. One could argue by paying over MSRP you have validated them in doing so. I for one have never paid over MSRP but understand why it happens. FYI prepaid maintenance and the extended warranty through MB are transferable if the vehicle is sold in a private sale.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:20 PM

GLS 450
You made an uniformed purchase and are upset online. It it not their fault you did that. One could argue by paying over MSRP you have validated them in doing so. I for one have never paid over MSRP but understand why it happens. FYI prepaid maintenance and the extended warranty through MB are transferable if the vehicle is sold in a private sale.
I agreed with the uniformed purchase and the upset online but I'm trying to keep the respect. What I'm trying to do is to inform people of what happened so they can learn whit my mistake and they don't have to go thru the same. I Think their regulations about that is wrong and it can be change like the others companies are changing, but we just accept and don't say nothing because it's not my problem we will have to continue to live by their rules. The internet is to give voices to individuals like us, I think we long we keep the line of respect those panels of discussion should be great.
I'm sending the link of the person who said he got a used MB and could not use the maintenance package.
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...new-owner.html
Old 05-26-2022, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 448 Likes on 357 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
Originally Posted by samuelbrusa
I got a new GLE450 in December of 2021 and I got the MB Maintenance Package for $2650.00 but My wife was not happy with the car because she want more space. on May 14 we trade our GLE with only 4k miles for a new GLS 450. We found that the maintenance package that we never used for the GLE because we never got to the point to use could not be transfer for refund to the new GLS. Whatttt? I heard the all the other car makes aloud you to transfer the package if you had not used. I call the Mercedes and opened a complain case with then but never got an answer in 1 week. What should I do? Any number to call? Look for an attorney? Post my review on social media? I'm trying to solve the problem directly with Mercedez but feels like they are not paying attention for my case. Any Help please?
MBUSA changed their policy last year. Prepaid maintenance is no longer refundable. Was never transferable. Sorry but you really have no recourse.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by mercedesmax
MBUSA changed their policy last year. Prepaid maintenance is no longer refundable. Was never transferable. Sorry but you really have no recourse.
I didn't know about this policy change. Thanks for posting.

We all need to read these contracts, since there's a lot going on in the Auto Industry. F&I people should make people aware of these new policies - I would have "ASSumed" that the new coverage was similar to the old.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:00 PM

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts
AMG GLE63S, X5M Comp, CTT, ZO6, Raptor
…Covid and all the imposed senselessness led to “selling online” and overpricing for even high line autos from unknown (to buyer) dealerships and salespeople. The way I read some of the OP’s issue is that he was taken advantage off to some degree and the selling dealer is not reputable enough to stand up and work out a resolution assuming all other statements are accurate.

OP - post the “stealers” name if they truly are avoiding an amicable solution so that others don’t fall for their poor practices.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=Vyper340vb;8573043]…Covid and all the imposed senselessness led to “selling online” and overpricing for even high line autos from unknown (to buyer) dealerships and salespeople. The way I read some of the OP’s issue is that he was taken advantage off to some degree and the selling dealer is not reputable enough to stand up and work out a resolution assuming all other statements are accurate.

OP - post the “stealers” name if they truly are avoiding an amicable solution so that others don’t fall for their poor practices.[/QUOTE]
I like to hear both sides of the story before making judgment.
Many of the complaints about dealers I see, appear to be unfounded.
​​​​​
Old 06-01-2022, 04:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
08 E63 Arctic White/Black
the prepaid maintenance agreements/contracts have cancellation/refund policies that vary from state to state. but even if your state is one of the more generous ones, usually you only have 60 days to change your mind. i admit i got suckered into a prepaid contract by the finance guy when i got the X7. but then i requested a cancellation and full refund about a month later and got the money back. luckily i live in CA and our state law says we have 60 days to cancel these types of contracts.

the contracts are sold by the dealers, usually with their own markups (in my case, i noticed that he charged a full $1200 over the "normal" BMW price). i usually steer clear of this stuff but for some reason fell for it on the day i bought the car. but i agree with the others above - you don't have to purchase these contracts when you buy the car. you can always decide later on and add it. and that gives you some time to find a more competitive price.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:19 PM

2022 GLE450
I think these situations suck. I think its hard to know what really happens and what people pay attention to or not. Either way, I wish the dealership worked something out.
The following users liked this post:
mikapen (06-01-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 10:43 AM

Recent quote for 2021 AMG 63S:
Pre paid maintenance for two services is $1,690, three services is $2,390

Wonder if it’s a good deal relative to paying outright or what other dealers price it at?
Old 06-08-2022, 07:35 PM

Also received another that was a 2 service ppm for $1490 and the 3 service ppm for $2190
Old 06-09-2022, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,030 Likes on 698 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Vyper340vb
Recent quote for 2021 AMG 63S:
Pre paid maintenance for two services is $1,690, three services is $2,390
Wonder if it’s a good deal relative to paying outright or what other dealers price it at?
Since there isn’t uniform pricing it’s hard to know what your Dealer(s) charges. Your second quote is close to normal pricing. Mercedes provides $100 off coupons by email and on Social Media on occasion. You might check with your Service Department for pricing of A & B service to see if it’s a deal.