GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Disable tailgate from opening with key fob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Tonde1
Yes, only Keyless-Go part can be deactivated via that video method. This can be usefull for spare key, it will prevent signal capturing. Also it will save key battery.
If you want to totally deactivate all key buttons, I think only way is to remove key battery.

I have only deactivated trunk button for the main key and Keyless-Go part for the spare key.
no the keyless go is what I want to disable on this 4 button remote. but the method in the manual is a double press of the lock button. Doesn’t work. I’ve seen another methods that was a double click of lock and then another button. That doesn’t work either. Your method unfortunately doesn’t work on the 4 button remote either must be a diff key combination
Old 07-12-2024, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gle 63s
Originally Posted by benzbell
Is there a way to turn off the tailgate from opening when you press the key fob? Worried about it opening and hitting the garage by accident. I can just push the emblem to open or swipe my foot when shopping. Can't find anything definitive. Thanks.
I've pressed mine by accident. Didn't know until I found my (GLE 63S V167) tail gate opened only slightly, due to garage door within sensor range. Door will open but not fully if obstacle is detected. Needless to say I still don't want to try it...
Old 07-12-2024, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 637 Likes on 473 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Largi
I've pressed mine by accident. Didn't know until I found my (GLE 63S V167) tail gate opened only slightly, due to garage door within sensor range. Door will open but not fully if obstacle is detected. Needless to say I still don't want to try it...
Read post #23

The dealer has an easy fix to reprogram your key by double-clicking on the button instead of one long press. My dealer programmed mine for free.