GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

tire roation and tire replacement can only be done in the dealership?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2023, 03:30 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2023 GLE 450
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Most Costcos, etc. will probably not have that socket. I suggest you buy one (https://www.ultimategarage.com/shop/...oducts_id=8303) and provide it wherever you go.

Also, you don't say what wheels you have, but unless it's the 19s you cannot simply switch front to rear because the offsets are different. Mercedes make some questionable choices sometimes!
I went to the link you gave me.
do you know what the real difference between NS.MB and NSB.17? Both of them are identical 'mercedes flower' lug socket. The description says "For new bolts with little or no deformity, go with the newer NS.MB . For older bolts where the aluminum cover has been deformed through the use of impact drivers, you'll have to use the older NSB.17 socket", which I don't understand and why?
I assume you bought the NS.MB ( white sleeve, $14) one?

Last edited by manbeing; 06-18-2023 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-18-2023, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,182 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by manbeing
I went to the link you gave me.
do you know what the real difference between NS.MB and NSB.17? Both of them are identical 'mercedes flower' lug socket. The description says "For new bolts with little or no deformity, go with the newer NS.MB . For older bolts where the aluminum cover has been deformed through the use of impact drivers, you'll have to use the older NSB.17 socket", which I don't understand and why?
I assume you bought the NS.MB ( white sleeve) one?
It explains it right in the description. The NS.MB fits tighter and has the nylon sleeve. That’s the one to get.