GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2024 gle450e issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2024, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE450e
Originally Posted by MattCorrow
Thanks! I understand(and understood) the point. It would appear that the CEL appeared while we had been driving the car under electric only(we've had the car for 4 weeks now and still haven't had to put gas in it).. 90%+ of our driving so far has been under electric only....

Because it appeared to happen in electric mode, I figured if I reset it, and there was actually a problem, it'd reappear almost immediately, and we'd take it to the dealer.

Having to take it to the dealer is always painful. The closest dealer is an hour away, which means it's 3-4 hours, 2 vehicles and 2 drivers to both drop it off, then another 3-4 hours, 2 vehicles and drivers to pick it up, in addition to the couple hundred dollars for them to "diagnose it", so I'd prefer to only take it to them if there is definitely a problem..

Thanks!
OK. So nearly a week after clearing the CEL, and almost 1000 miles, it has not reappeared..

I did find some information somewhere stating that P0 and P2 error codes are by definition "generic", and hopefully that means that the generic listing on KBB.Com is correct that the code had something to do with the charging door...

I did attempt to set up "remote diagnostics", but the mercedes.me app is very confusing about what requirements have to be fulfilled...

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on things and hope for the best..

Thanks for all the help!
Old 06-12-2024, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 184 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21
Interesting today. We test drove a 24 GLE 450 e. Nice car but, I am worried about reliability. When I turned the car off to change drivers, then restarted it, I got the message PARKTRONIC NOT OPERATIONAL. SEE OWNERS MANUAL. Not a good sign on a new car. Salesman said a software issue.