GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Backup Camera While Driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE350
Backup Camera While Driving

Does anyone know a hack to access backup camera while driving? I would love to record these dummies with their big dummy trucks that tailgate me through my neighborhood while I'm driving my daughter to school and report them to the HOA. This drive is through a canyon so there are lots of hills and curves and I've already hit a deer. I was in my Porsche with track brakes so there was no damage just some hair stuck in my fender, but if one of these dip****s were tailgating me at the time they would have hit me and my daughter for sure which would have been quite bad for their future. Its funny I drive the speed limit in my neighborhood and it seems like they can't wait to get by me but as soon as we turn onto the highway where it is more acceptable to speed these same idiots immediately go under the speed limit in the passing lane and their lost in my rearview.

Thanks for any advice and well wishes!
Old 04-28-2024, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 904 Likes on 695 Posts
G550
Install a dashcam with front and rear facing cameras. Sooner or later, it'll prove to be your most valuable accessory.
Old 04-28-2024, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,712 Likes on 2,477 Posts
2019 C63CS
I believe you can only open the cameras below 10 mph or something like that. Basically parking lot speeds. I'm not aware of a hack. Love those individuals you are describing. I like to drive fast, but there's a time and place for everything. I don't race around my neighborhood with people walking their dogs, or in general where there are pedestrians and cyclists. I experience these knuckleheads as well. They speed on surface streets just for me to blow by them once on the highway. And it always seems to be in vehicles that were not designed for speed.
The following users liked this post:
travisjwestover (04-29-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 05:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DashLynx.com
I wouldn't recommend doing that. These camera sensors aren't designed to be turned on for long periods, so they can overheat. If that happens, you'll likely end up buying another camera, which could cost you a couple of hundred dollars if you get one from a junkyard. Plus, if you're driving and need to manipulate the camera, like activating it and pointing your phone at the car screen to record, it's going to be more of a headache than installing a dedicated dash camera for the front and rear and just having it record.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 720 Likes on 701 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
what MY?
moved to V167 forum for now...
Old 04-28-2024, 09:18 PM

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts
ML350 BLUE TEC
Not much help from this post of mine, but yesterday we drove from Corpus Christi, Texas to Ft Worth, Texas and you could not see out the rear window because of all the fishing gear/over night stay suitcases etc. Side mirrors and their little red arrow don't do the job for my kind.

But I had a '17 Jaguar XJL that you could see out back with the rear view camera while driving at speed, and also the sides of the car, which was very helpful imho at times. Found out yesterday you cannot do this with a GLE 450e. Sad
The following users liked this post:
travisjwestover (04-29-2024)