GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2024 GLE 450 Harsh downshifting while breaking behavior (recently)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2024 | 07:06 PM

MY2024 GLE 450
The transmission constantly learns and adjusts. For some driving styles, it seems like it picks suboptimal profiles. Standstill adaptation, in my understanding, resets the learned data and replaces it with some "known good" values appropriate for your transmission. Having that said, it doesn't mean it stops learning once it's complete. So, that's likely why the dealer called it a "band aid" that lasts 1-2k miles, unless you adjust your driving style.

As for using Xentry outside of a proper shop (dealers or independents who pay for the license), keep in mind, you're using cracked software, potentially modified VCI firmware, likely on a Chinese hardware clone. If something gets messed up while you're doing it on an in-warranty car, you may end up paying for your repairs.
Old 10-17-2024 | 09:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by stktyz33
The transmission constantly learns and adjusts. For some driving styles, it seems like it picks suboptimal profiles. Standstill adaptation, in my understanding, resets the learned data and replaces it with some "known good" values appropriate for your transmission. Having that said, it doesn't mean it stops learning once it's complete. So, that's likely why the dealer called it a "band aid" that lasts 1-2k miles, unless you adjust your driving style.

As for using Xentry outside of a proper shop (dealers or independents who pay for the license), keep in mind, you're using cracked software, potentially modified VCI firmware, likely on a Chinese hardware clone. If something gets messed up while you're doing it on an in-warranty car, you may end up paying for your repairs.
They meant software Peter licensed.
The following users liked this post:
JettaRed (10-17-2024)
Old Yesterday | 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by JettaRed
This must be a new function available to the 9-speeds. It's the first I have seen and explains what IPR means. Selecting Customer Complaint and selecting Continue, you get a notice that an enhanced online version is available. Selecting Continue again lets you select the complaints. It then takes you to the online model, which is where I cannot proceed.
This sounds like it's related to the TSB I posted earlier in this thread. Post 72.

Last edited by wildta; Yesterday at 12:55 AM.
Old Yesterday | 07:52 AM

2025 GLE450 (in the oven)
Originally Posted by JettaRed
Hmmm, interesting perspective since the "band-aid" is a coded procedure in XENTRY. It will be interesting to see if that is the experience others will have. Honestly, if that fixes shifting for a few thousand miles, it would definitely be worth getting XENTRY and doing it yourself as needed.
Sorry guys if I've caused some confusion. "band-aid" is a description I came up with to describe what the ASM categorized as something less than a 100% solution. Good luck.
Old Today | 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
They meant software Peter licensed.
Who's Peter? Your neighbor?