24 GLE 450 Homelink

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2024, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLE 450
24 GLE 450 Homelink

Hi everyone,

As my other posts have mentioned moved from a GLC 350e to GLE 450. Having some range or connection issues with my homelink. On previous car was able to open/close my garage from a good distance. Now in GLE, I can only close my garage door just as soon as my car clears the path and I can only open the garage door, in my garage. Have tried resetting the buttons and the actual opener.

Called Homelink and they basically washed their hands of it saying it did connect to the opener.

Thanks for any help/suggestions

​​​​
Old 08-18-2024, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 687 Likes on 510 Posts
MB
There are so many variables with each user case, it's hard to troubleshoot. Do you have Liftmaster or Chamberlain with MyQ? If so you can link it to Mercedes Me and just say "Hey Mercedes open/close my garage door."
Old 08-18-2024, 06:35 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
2020 GLE 350 4Matic, 2016 E350
Also, if you willing to pay for it, Your Service advisor should of told you of a service that will come out to you home and par you vehicle with you garage door for a fee. Like Wildta said,. there are too many variables to just guess at one thing.
Old 08-18-2024, 07:27 PM

2024 GLE 450
Originally Posted by wildta
There are so many variables with each user case, it's hard to troubleshoot. Do you have Liftmaster or Chamberlain with MyQ? If so you can link it to Mercedes Me and just say "Hey Mercedes open/close my garage door."
Thanks I have a Genie garage opener specifically a model 2028. Don't think I can link it to Mercedes Me. Only thing that really changed was the car, as my previous GLC was able to open/close it no problem. So not really sure if this is something that can be replaced under warranty.
Old 08-18-2024, 07:28 PM

2024 GLE 450
I know there was this service, but didn't really have an issue pairing it. It paired fairly easy. But noticed it just has such horrible range. As I mentioned above it can close my garage door just outside it, but it will only open when the car is inside the garage, no luck on my driveway or anywhere further.
Old 08-18-2024, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by jpencarnacion65
Thanks I have a Genie garage opener specifically a model 2028. Don't think I can link it to Mercedes Me. Only thing that really changed was the car, as my previous GLC was able to open/close it no problem. So not really sure if this is something that can be replaced under warranty.
Maybe on your part nothing changed besides the vehicle but unfortunately interfering radio waves are everywhere. It could be your car or it could be a neighbor with some new device. I live near the ocean and run into a similar issue whenever the navy is running drills many miles off of the coast. Maybe you can ask your dealer for a GLE loaner on your next service as a test, or ask if there's some other solution that we aren't aware of and keep us posted.

Worst case scenario, I think you can add a MyQ hub to your genie: https://support.chamberlaingroup.com...-1484145689782

Last edited by wildta; 08-18-2024 at 11:59 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts
2014 ML350 2w, 2017 GLS550, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp
Looooong shot. If you have led bulbs in your Genie, try taking them out.
The following 2 users liked this post by pjw1967:
mikapen (Yesterday), tommyr (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,890 Likes on 2,602 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by pjw1967
That's indeed a common issue. Off the shelve LED bulbs may interfere with Homelink. Could be a neighbor's LED bulbs as well. If using LED bulbs in the garage door opener then you must use special ones that are designed to not interfere with Homelink. Genie, LiftMaster etc. sell them. Make sure you adhere to their recommendations.

Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 GLE450e
Thank you for sharing the URL to connect the two.

A silly question, is there any "safety" that is used to keep anyone from opening my garage door from anywhere if they are in my car? Dealership, car wash, valet parking, etc.? With the button in the car, you have to be close, but I know with my MyQ app, I can open and close my garage door from anywhere. I wonder if this is tied to the phone, so if my phone or my wife's phone is not in the car, the "Hey Mercedes" would not open the garage door.

I looked on the MyQ site, and could not find any information.

Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,890 Likes on 2,602 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by SoCal Living

A silly question, is there any "safety" that is used to keep anyone from opening my garage door from anywhere if they are in my car? Dealership, car wash, valet parking, etc.? With the button in the car, you have to be close, but I know with my MyQ app, I can open and close my garage door from anywhere. I wonder if this is tied to the phone, so if my phone or my wife's phone is not in the car, the "Hey Mercedes" would not open the garage door.

Nope, once the car is running and somebody else is driving it, they can technically open your garage door from anywhere. It's not tied to your phone. It's a separate integration between MBUX and myQ. My car doesn't support this integration, but I also wouldn't use it, because I already have my garage door integrated with HomeKit, so I can open it from my phone by invoking Siri or from the CarPlay dashboard and this functionality follows me to other cars such as rental cars and service loaners w/o needing to program anything in the car itself, and my phone has to be present and unlocked.

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by SoCal Living

Do you have a fingerprint reader on yours? It would be tied to your fingerprint-secured profile is my guess.
The following users liked this post:
superswiss (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:19 AM

2024 GLE 450
Originally Posted by pjw1967
Just checked this I do have a LED bulb but it does have the genie logo on it, so I assume it would be the manufacturer's recommended one

But thanks for the suggestion
Old Today, 12:20 AM

2024 GLE 450
Originally Posted by wildta
Maybe on your part nothing changed besides the vehicle but unfortunately interfering radio waves are everywhere. It could be your car or it could be a neighbor with some new device. I live near the ocean and run into a similar issue whenever the navy is running drills many miles off of the coast. Maybe you can ask your dealer for a GLE loaner on your next service as a test, or ask if there's some other solution that we aren't aware of and keep us posted.

Worst case scenario, I think you can add a MyQ hub to your genie: https://support.chamberlaingroup.com...-1484145689782
Thank you for the insight! Will definitely give it a look