GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

First time Mercedes buyer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2024 | 04:44 PM

2024 GLE 350
With OP being so against the trailer hitch I'd bet money he's going to need to use a trailer hitch within the first 6 months. He'll never admit it, but we'll all know deep down that we're right.
Old 10-07-2024 | 06:58 AM

GLE450 SUV
Originally Posted by Benzman33
With OP being so against the trailer hitch I'd bet money he's going to need to use a trailer hitch within the first 6 months. He'll never admit it, but we'll all know deep down that we're right.
Wow, so there are two people here with a hitch fetish. LOL

Clearly, people are not comprehending what is being written.
I'm not "so" against trailer hitches. All I said is that I don't need one. If YOU need one, great. End of story.

Once I said that I don't want one, it's a flood of replies saying how dumb that decisions is and the sarcasm is ridiculous
It's over. Stop the replies about the retarded hitch. Nobody really gives a ***** this much about a hitch.
God forbid someone has a different opinion.
Old 10-07-2024 | 10:13 AM

2024 GLE 350
Originally Posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I'm not "so" against trailer hitches. All I said is that I don't need one. If YOU need one, great. End of story.

Once I said that I don't want one, it's a flood of replies saying how dumb that decisions is and the sarcasm is ridiculous
It's over. Stop the replies about the retarded hitch. Nobody really gives a ***** this much about a hitch.
If you're cheap just say that
Old 10-07-2024 | 12:36 PM

GLE450 SUV
If you're cheap just say that
Using your backwards logic, I guess all the people who choose not to get all the accessories are cheap. LOL WOW!
I mean the running boards are only $650. If you don't want them, I guess you are cheap also.

Anyway, you are embarrassing yourself with your faulty logic. LOL

How about you just stop posting about your hitch fetish, then all will be well.
Old 10-07-2024 | 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan

What a fine way to show appreciation for all the people who responded to your thread. These are human beings who took the time to do research and help you make decisions.
Maybe being thankful is a better approach than attacking.

Maybe you should just buy another of the same car you already have.
Because then you wouldn't have to put up with answers to your questions.🫤

And I agree with you that you're having a problem with comprehension. Maybe start over, read your own question and see how people reached out to help you.

And of course you're attacking those people who are helping you doesn't shine a very good light on you.

This is a public forum. Members of the public participate. They have different opinions. They answer questions that are asked.

And I don't know why you've attacked me because I've been your defender. (Oh that comprehension thing...)

So I'll stop defending you. I can't find a reason for your BS attacks.

Buying a different brand would also get you off this forum. 😁
That would be an appropriate end of story.

Last edited by mikapen; 10-07-2024 at 12:55 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikapen:
bancroftdg (10-08-2024), Benzman33 (10-07-2024)
Old 10-07-2024 | 12:59 PM

GLE450 SUV
Originally Posted by mikapen
What a fine way to show appreciation for all the people who responded to your thread. These are human beings who took the time to do research and help you make decisions.
Maybe being thankful is a better approach than attacking.

Maybe you should just buy another of the same car you already have.
Because then you wouldn't have to put up with answers to your questions.🫤

And I agree with you that you're having a problem with comprehension. Maybe start over, read your own question and see how people reached out to help you.

And of course you're attacking those people who are helping you doesn't shine a very good light on you.

This is a public forum. Members of the public participate. They have different opinions. They answer questions that are asked.

And I don't know why you've attacked me because I've been your defender. (Oh that comprehension thing...)

So I'll stop defending you. I can't find a reason for your BS attacks.

Buying a different brand would also get you off this forum. 😁
That would be an appropriate end of story.
Yet, you cannot shut up and stop replying about the hitch. LOL, LOL, LOL
For the love of God, please stop
Old 10-07-2024 | 01:03 PM

2024 GLE 350
Using your backwards logic, I guess all the people who choose not to get all the accessories are cheap. LOL WOW!
I mean the running boards are only $650. If you don't want them, I guess you are cheap also.

Anyway, you are embarrassing yourself with your faulty logic. LOL

How about you just stop posting about your hitch fetish, then all will be well.
I'm 6'3 I don't need side steps...

Did you just want to show off your build? Is that the real reason for this thread? If so that's ok. But you asked for people's opinion and when we give it to you and the reasons to back it you flip out. Not sure why a trailer hitch is triggering you so much, Don't get one, we don't care. It's not our car. At the end of the day 99% of the people here have one.
Old 10-07-2024 | 01:10 PM

2021 GLS580 | 2011 ML350 BlueTec | 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
I understand what you are saying but IMO that is putting to much value into a hitch for resale.
If someone wants to buy your car because it's the right color and has all the options they want, I find it hard to believe a stupid little hitch will make or brake the deal.
It sounds like you've already decided against the hitch which is fine but I would see this as the opposite argument:

If someone wants to buy your car because it's the right color and has all the options they want plus a hitch, they are not likely to skip it because it has a hitch.
On the other hand, if they want a trailer hitch, it is absolutely a make or break option as it cannot be easily or officially retrofitted. Thus the strong recommendation by members to add a hitch into builds.
All that said, I would be shocked to see a statistical difference in resale based on hitch/no hitch.
Old 10-07-2024 | 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Yet, you cannot shut up and stop replying about the hitch. LOL, LOL, LOL
For the love of God, please stop
Here we go with that comprehension thing again.
I'm not talking about the hitch. I'm talking about your responses.
Your responses. Not the hitch.
Comprende?
Old 10-07-2024 | 01:56 PM

GLE450 SUV
I'm 6'3 I don't need side steps...
okay, good.
Just like I don't need a hitch. Thanks for making my point.

Did you just want to show off your build? Is that the real reason for this thread? If so that's ok. But you asked for people's opinion and when we give it to you and the reasons to back it you flip out. Not sure why a trailer hitch is triggering you so much, Don't get one, we don't care. It's not our car. At the end of the day 99% of the people here have one.
I guess that 99% is official? Where is the poll? LOL

You are glossing over the sly & snarky comments AFTER I said I have a different opinion and don't need a hitch.
People went off the rails by saying it's dumb etc. So, I reply and I get the blame. LOL Wow,

Anyway, again people just can't stop replying.
Old 10-07-2024 | 01:59 PM

GLE450 SUV
Originally Posted by jkaetz
It sounds like you've already decided against the hitch which is fine but I would see this as the opposite argument:

If someone wants to buy your car because it's the right color and has all the options they want plus a hitch, they are not likely to skip it because it has a hitch.
On the other hand, if they want a trailer hitch, it is absolutely a make or break option as it cannot be easily or officially retrofitted. Thus the strong recommendation by members to add a hitch into builds.
All that said, I would be shocked to see a statistical difference in resale based on hitch/no hitch.
I agree. That's exactly what I said early on in the thread. It's not controversial. LOL
Old 10-07-2024 | 02:02 PM

GLE450 SUV
Here we go with that comprehension thing again.
I'm not talking about the hitch. I'm talking about your responses.
Your responses. Not the hitch.
Comprende?
Oh, another post. LOL
Old 10-07-2024 | 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

okay, good.

You are glossing over the sly & snarky comments AFTER I said I have a different opinion and don't need a hitch.
People went off the rails by saying it's dumb etc. So, I reply and I get the blame. LOL Wow,

I still think you're right that there's a comprehension issue. Look inward.
Step back, read the threads, look up the words you don't understand, and try to come back with some understanding of the points made.

However, I believe you have about 16 helpful people yet to abuse. Sorry I didn't take a poll, but you could do some work here and count them yourself.

Just take a breath, kick your dog, maybe come back and thank them, instead of looking for a way to attack.

It's your horse. You're the one with the stick, beating your horse and poking the bear.

Or are you just trying to be funny? (Giving you the benefit of the doubt, yet again.)
Old 10-07-2024 | 02:34 PM

GLE450 SUV
I still think you're right that there's a comprehension issue. Look inward.
Step back, read the threads, look up the words you don't understand, and try to come back with some understanding of the points made.

However, I believe you have about 16 helpful people yet to abuse. Sorry I didn't take a poll, but you could do some work here and count them yourself.

Just take a breath, kick your dog, maybe come back and thank them, instead of looking for a way to attack.

It's your horse. You're the one with the stick, beating your horse and poking the bear.

Or are you just trying to be funny? (Giving you the benefit of the doubt, yet again.)
LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL
AND...........Another post
You can't stop!
Old 10-07-2024 | 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL
AND...........Another post
You can't stop!
Are you OK?
Try the deep breath that I mentioned. It might help.
We're all still trying to help you. You're welcome.
Old 10-07-2024 | 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

HITCH

HITCH (hehe)
Old 10-07-2024 | 03:04 PM

GLE450 SUV
Are you OK?
Try the deep breath that I mentioned. It might help.
We're all still trying to help you. You're welcome.
Old 10-07-2024 | 03:05 PM

GLE450 SUV
HITCH (hehe)

hehe
Old 10-07-2024 | 03:26 PM

2024 GLE 350
okay, good.

I'm 6'3, not everyone is tall. I didn't even use sidesteps in my 2500. However everyone will need a hitch at some point in their life. Apples to Oranges.
Old 10-07-2024 | 03:27 PM

2024 GLE 350
What kinda car do you drive now?
Old 10-07-2024 | 04:41 PM

GLE450 SUV
I'm 6'3, not everyone is tall. I didn't even use sidesteps in my 2500. However everyone will need a hitch at some point in their life. Apples to Oranges.
Nope, not my new Benz.
It's strickly for home-work interstate travel. This new car will be treated like a Princess. No towing or anything attached.

I have a Ford Edge and a GMC pickup for things that need towing.
Old 10-07-2024 | 04:43 PM

GLE450 SUV
What kinda car do you drive now?
A Ford Edge and a GMC pickup which do have hitches and these vehicles would be used for towing or such things if needed.
Have not needed yet.
Old 10-07-2024 | 06:21 PM

2022 GLE450
Congratulations and looks like a great build.
The following 2 users liked this post by EXTRAOLD:
4thDoctorWhoFan (10-08-2024), mikapen (10-08-2024)
Old 10-08-2024 | 09:49 PM

MY2024 GLE 450
So, the hitch … 😂

Just joking… soft close doors are awesome by the way, I wasn’t exited until I saw them in action and their actual utility. No door slamming, no semi-closed doors, looks cool. It’s one of these elements that adds luxury to the vehicle, on par with side mirrors and doors illumination(mb logo at night m, stars)
Old 10-09-2024 | 06:00 AM

GLE450 SUV
Originally Posted by stktyz33
So, the hitch … 😂

Just joking… soft close doors are awesome by the way, I wasn’t exited until I saw them in action and their actual utility. No door slamming, no semi-closed doors, looks cool. It’s one of these elements that adds luxury to the vehicle, on par with side mirrors and doors illumination(mb logo at night m, stars)
Yeah, I was really contemplating getting the soft close doors but I could not convince myself to get them. Perhaps if I could see them in action with my own eyes it might change my mind. The concept does seem really cool.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First time Mercedes buyer