GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Running board removal.... who had done it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLE 450
Running board removal.... who had done it?

New GLE owner here, first time posting. I picked up a used 2024 GLE 450 a week or so ago and it has the factory running boards. Not a big fan of them and would like to remove them if possible. Has anyone opted to remove their running boards and replace with the rocket panel trim? I have factory boards that have lighting so I wasn't sure if removing them would cause any faults or anything along those lines. Dealer wasn't sure either as they said they have people come in to have them added but not the other way around. Have a guy I can get the rocker trim from in matching paint for around $300 just wanted to see if this is a simple DIY swap or something else... It's the lights that concern me and then I wasn't sure if any extra bracketry was needed though that does not appear to be the case?

Thanks in advance.
Old Today, 11:51 AM

Received 185 Likes on 138 Posts
2022 GLE 450
I have read plenty of posts of those looking to purchase after market running boards, but ,never heard anyone ask about removing them. If you do have them removed, you can probably sell them here to offset the cost of rocker trim.

Good Luck!!
Old Today, 08:36 PM

Received 134 Likes on 101 Posts
2023 GLE63S - Edition 55
I recall a similar discussion previously. If you remove the running boards, you will need the trim for that area so the best option was to try to locate someone who wants running boards and you just exchange the parts. They get the running boards and you take the trim parts.