GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Used 2017 GLE listings that claim Premium Package 2 but it's not on the sticker?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBD
Used 2017 GLE listings that claim Premium Package 2 but it's not on the sticker?

Hey everyone,

Just had this happen twice to me now: a local listing for a used 2017 GLE mentioned Premium Package 2, yet the listed features of the car don't corroborate that.

First case:

Listing: https://www.mercedesbenzportland.com...A5HB5HA836051/

MSRP info w/ options for the same car: https://www.autoipacket.com/packet-s...DA5HB5HA836051

Second case:

Listing: https://www.mercedesbenzbeaverton.co...912feab3a9.htm

MSRP w/ options for the same car: see attached image.

I'm totally baffled to see this at two of the three dealerships near me. Is there something I'm not understanding about how Premium Package 2 would show up?
Attached Thumbnails Used 2017 GLE listings that claim Premium Package 2 but it's not on the sticker?-sticker.jpg  
Old 08-30-2017, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule
Hey everyone,

Just had this happen twice to me now: a local listing for a used 2017 GLE mentioned Premium Package 2, yet the listed features of the car don't corroborate that.

First case:

Listing: https://www.mercedesbenzportland.com...A5HB5HA836051/

MSRP info w/ options for the same car: https://www.autoipacket.com/packet-s...DA5HB5HA836051

Second case:

Listing: https://www.mercedesbenzbeaverton.co...912feab3a9.htm

MSRP w/ options for the same car: see attached image.

I'm totally baffled to see this at two of the three dealerships near me. Is there something I'm not understanding about how Premium Package 2 would show up?
Nope, the listing is wrong. No LED headlights no P2

btw the price listed for these pre owned are more than what I paid for new on mine (2017, 64k sticker). Might help be a better deal to get new

Last edited by natman316; 08-30-2017 at 01:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DrSteveBrule (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
2013 E550 Sedan
Having bought two E class CPO's recently, I felt that the closer I got to Portland shopping the more I felt like taking a shower after hanging up the phone!
Old 08-30-2017, 01:46 PM

TBD
Wow really? Man, I feel like I'm getting kind of screwed. The dealers around here have been pretty unwilling to negotiate on used prices (I haven't even tried to negotiate new since I figured I'd go CPO and get a break on the depreciation). With the exception of one, I've talked to 4 dealers and everyone has sung the same song of "these are about as low as we can go; we maybe have a few hundred dollars to negotiate on." The one that was willing to negotiate was the top one and they said $55k was doable.

I'm new to the used car game and the Mercedes game so I'm not sure how to read them I guess. I really hate dealing with car dealers.

Would you mind sharing what you paid for yours and the dealer you bought from?

Originally Posted by davidjohnbamber
Having bought two E class CPO's recently, I felt that the closer I got to Portland shopping the more I felt like taking a shower after hanging up the phone!
I saw this after this reply, but yeah, I know what you mean.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule
Wow really? Man, I feel like I'm getting kind of screwed. The dealers around here have been pretty unwilling to negotiate on used prices (I haven't even tried to negotiate new since I figured I'd go CPO and get a break on the depreciation). With the exception of one, I've talked to 4 dealers and everyone has sung the same song of "these are about as low as we can go; we maybe have a few hundred dollars to negotiate on." The one that was willing to negotiate was the top one and they said $55k was doable.

I'm new to the used car game and the Mercedes game so I'm not sure how to read them I guess. I really hate dealing with car dealers.

Would you mind sharing what you paid for yours and the dealer you bought from?

I saw this after this reply, but yeah, I know what you mean.
MSRP for mine was $57,595 It was a custom order and I asked for $3000 off. The sales guy talked to his boss, came back and said yes... so I probably could have gotten more. I got another $500 off because I got a coupon when I attended one of their sales events. If you pick a new car they have sitting in their lot, you should get at least 8-10% off, so that used car which is 5K cheaper than sticker price is a joke! I bought mine in Northbrook, IL
The following users liked this post:
DrSteveBrule (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
Same here in South Florida. People dont realize Auto Nation has cornered the market in some area's and are determining price. In South Florida, you have to get away from Auto Nation dealerships or do what i did, just start looking at dealers out of the area and have your vehicle shipped to you. I had one dealer have the nerve to think he was giving me a great deal with a $500 discount on a $70k plus vehicle. Went out of the area and 10% seems to be the norm on new vehicles. Every report out there says the CPO markets are getting flooded. Too many vehicles coming off lease at the same time. A good friend just took delivery of a loaded C300 with only 6000 miles at $400 monthly, lease. There is no reason to pay too much right now.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:01 PM

TBD
Originally Posted by rgiorgio
Same here in South Florida. People dont realize Auto Nation has cornered the market in some area's and are determining price. In South Florida, you have to get away from Auto Nation dealerships or do what i did, just start looking at dealers out of the area and have your vehicle shipped to you. I had one dealer have the nerve to think he was giving me a great deal with a $500 discount on a $70k plus vehicle. Went out of the area and 10% seems to be the norm on new vehicles. Every report out there says the CPO markets are getting flooded. Too many vehicles coming off lease at the same time. A good friend just took delivery of a loaded C300 with only 6000 miles at $400 monthly, lease. There is no reason to pay too much right now.
Huh, interesting, I didn't know about AutoNation until now, and after looking them up I can't say I'm thrilled they exist.

I've been looking at data online for what price to try and target for a new one, largely using this:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...#resultsPage=1

I'm curious what to try and swing though. Looking at this page:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=178233263

They mention a "great price" lower bound of $57k, but this is an AutoNation dealer apparently:
http://www.mercedesbenzofbellevue.co...ef8782964f.htm

I was going to try to put in an offer of $10k off but I'll probably be told where I can shove that offer.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:23 PM

CLK, ML, GL
Auto Nation bought up the most profitable brands 10 years ago with stock. Paid family owned dealerships top dollar with stock and then told them not to to sell it for 3-5 years. Most of the time it worked for both parties. Auto Nation really focused on Mercedes and Honda in the beginning.

Im not a fan of carguru. If you notice the pic, it doesnt match the description. I used to use carsdirect and truecar bu they dont reflect the deals to be had anymore.

2017's should be 12-15% off sticker at this point but not many left. I managed 10% on ordering the 2018 i wanted. Mercedes incentives have held over so far from 2017 to 2018.

It doesnt hurt to ask and work from there. If they tell you to shove off, then do it and spend your money at another dealership.

Carmegeddon is coming to all manufacturers and there is no reason to pay too much
Old 08-30-2017, 04:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4matic
I used car gurus to give me an idea of what was available out of my area, but I didnt pay much attention to what was posted on their site. I went right to the dealerships website to look for the info on the vehicles. Some dealerships are set up nicely with their online format and will have a listing for the sticker posted on link for the vehicle. It will show any documents on the vehicle along with car fax reports for any of the CPO's.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:09 PM

CLK, ML, GL
agreed. got directly to dealer website

just pick the dealers you want to look at

there are more mercedes dealers than you realize these days