Sponsored By:

GLE 550e Release Date

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLE550e
Cool GLE 550e Release Date

Hi, guys! I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for some info and don't really know where else to go at this point. Maybe you can help...

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of a 2018 GLE550e. This vehicle was ordered in April, and the release date continues to get moved back. The local dealer doesn't have much information and is being intentionally vague with me (I'm being told "any day now"). Do any of you know why the model release keeps getting pushed back? Any idea of an actual release date? Have any resources or contacts where I can go for answers? Anyone else have one on order?

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-01-2017, 09:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 GLE 350 4Matic
I think in general, there's might be many reason but cannot be 100%. One might be some minor issues MB is trying to figure out or to get so sort of DOT/EPA approval for the model. I think I only saw 1 GLE550e on the street in the last two years that I own my GLE 350. But then again, there might be a supply chain shortage, or low demand in the US market. They might also move some production slots from the 550e to the regular 350 or export models as the demand is much higher.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG SL63 & GLE580 & SL500
I've got a 2017 and we love it ! We purchased it in May .... I searched the USA and found one, totally loaded with every option available .... We are getting around 70 mpg on the highway and 27 - 35 in town. However, my wife does not like the loss of cargo space in the rear due to the 8 inch lift on the rear cargo area floor for the batteries.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:44 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV
Originally Posted by HokieJoe02
Hi, guys! I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for some info and don't really know where else to go at this point. Maybe you can help...

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of a 2018 GLE550e. This vehicle was ordered in April, and the release date continues to get moved back. The local dealer doesn't have much information and is being intentionally vague with me (I'm being told "any day now"). Do any of you know why the model release keeps getting pushed back? Any idea of an actual release date? Have any resources or contacts where I can go for answers? Anyone else have one on order?

Thanks for the help!
"Any day now" would be if the car was on a truck being delivered to your dealer. I hate when dealers are dishonest like yours. You should send a private message to fabbrisd1, he might have some answers
Old 11-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by HokieJoe02

Thanks for the help!
First of all, I'd call multiple MB dealers nationwide. Pretend to be a prospective customer. After asking a few basic questions, ask if there are any known delays in the release of this vehicle. Get an estimate on delivery time for a custom build. It's important that you call dealers in "different" states to get an accurate perspective. If none of the dealers mention anything about a production delay, I'd be very suspicious. Was your vehicle damaged, or worse wrecked during transport? That would be my first concern. Most people don't know this, but dealers are NOT obligated to inform you if that's the case. They're only required to restore the vehicle to its original state. Then, they can sell it to you and you're none the wiser.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts
2007 SL55
Originally Posted by mgardner23665
I've got a 2017 and we love it ! We purchased it in May .... I searched the USA and found one, totally loaded with every option available .... We are getting around 70 mpg on the highway and 27 - 35 in town. However, my wife does not like the loss of cargo space in the rear due to the 8 inch lift on the rear cargo area floor for the batteries.
70 MPG on the highway? Where can I get one that does this...
Old 12-31-2018, 02:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG SL63 & GLE580 & SL500
I drove approximately 250 miles in adaptive cruise set at 75 mph on Highway 5 from Southern California to Northern California ---- on other highway trips that are shorter we average 40 to 55 mpg.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:10 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Waiting for a 2018, it is 2019, why buy a year old car, that’s what it will be when you leave the lot. Cancel and do a national search for a 2019.

the dealer saying any day now is total BS. They get notified from the factory a build and delivery date.