Sponsored By:

Gle 350 cargo cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 02:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
LS400
Gle 350 cargo cover

I bought a cpo gle 350 2016. Was this supposed to come with a cargo cover? Did the 2016 come with one new? Should a cpo come with all components?
Old 05-04-2019, 06:18 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Qvae
I bought a cpo gle 350 2016. Was this supposed to come with a cargo cover? Yes. Did the 2016 come with one new? Yes. Should a cpo come with all components? Yes.
See above.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:43 AM

LS400
Is it a lost cause to go back and say I never received this as I should have buying a "cpo" car andnI should have it?...bought 20 days ago. Or are they going to say "As Is"?
Old 05-05-2019, 08:31 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Is it a lost cause to go back and say I never received this as I should have buying a "cpo" car and I should have it?...bought 20 days ago. Or are they going to say "As Is"?
No, it's not a lost cause. CPO is not the same as "as is". That's why you pay more for a CPO vehicle. Besides, it's listed on the MB website under "Key Standard Features". They call it a "retractable luggage cover". I would insist on them either providing you with one or giving you monetary compensation to buy your own. There was another person on the Coupe forum who had the exact same experience. Read that full thread (link below). I told him the same thing. When he realized the cover was supposed to come with the vehicle, he went back to the dealer and told them. After a little hemming and hawing, they ordered one for him at no charge. At the time, the Coupes were very rare. That dealer didn't have another Coupe on the lot to compare it to. Even still, I've never heard of any make/model not coming with the cover. Also, it's easily verified by just looking at the ordering guide. That part is NOT listed as an option. Therefore, that means it's standard. I believe that other dealer knew all along it was supposed to be included. They just put on the onus on the customer to "prove" it. The omission of this part is one of those things that they won't mention to you if you don't complain about it missing. It's not inexpensive either. I don't know about the SUV version, but the Coupe version is called a "parcel shelf" and it's $300. Yours is retractable, so the price might be different. But it's probably still not cheap.

There are only two reasons I can think of for the cover being missing in the first place. One, the original owner rarely used it, kept it in the garage and just forgot to put it on when selling the vehicle. Two, they intentionally kept it to sell on their own. Any time I've sold a car, I've always treated the new owner the way I'd like to be treated. That means included every component that originally came with the car. I even detail my cars before I sell them. I want the new owner to "feel" like they're getting a new vehicle. Sadly, I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one.

I would go back to the dealer ASAP. I'm sure there's some clause in the sales agreement that will make this more difficult after 30 days. Deal with the manager ONLY.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle43-cou...ners-help.html

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 05-05-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Feel free to ask... never hurts... it's a $130 solution on eBay for New (1/3 dealer cost actually):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Retractable...UAAOSwiFtbf6ki
Old 05-06-2019, 06:52 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Feel free to ask... never hurts... it's a $130 solution on eBay for New (1/3 dealer cost actually):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Retractable...UAAOSwiFtbf6ki
Nice of you to offer. However, the whole point of this thread is that he shouldn't have to pay for something that was supposed to be included. Some people don't like to make waves. They're intimidated from asking for what's rightfully theirs. This might be an option for those types. Personally, I've never had that problem.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:53 PM

LS400
No issues making waves here...I make tidal waves on a daily basis lol. What's right is right, straight to corporate.

One more question, do these always come in the color of the interior, or are all of them black and cream? I have a chocolate dash, seats, door and floor and cream ceiling.

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:09 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
One more question, do these always come in the color of the interior?
They come in the color of the carpet in the cargo area?
Old 05-07-2019, 10:42 AM

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
2016 GLE 350 4Matic, 2019 GLS 450 4Matic
Absolutely go and ask for anything and everything that was left out of your GLE 350. They didn't put the glove compartment manuals and folder in mine along with the cargo shade. I don't believe it was intentional, but everything on the build sheet is what should be included. Ask for a build sheet showing all option codes and items the car was made with if you do not already have that.

Don't forget to check on any included navigation updates you may be due from Mercedes as well as a new PIN and account number for setting up mbrace (which I had to get as well).
Old 05-12-2019, 07:55 AM

LS400
I got the nav and command updated at a different dealership. They originally lied to me about updating the command, so I couldn't bother going back. The sales manager said to call him back tomorrow about the cargo cover. He tried to hit me with the car comes as is priced based on what it has as used. I said yes, but a CPO is supposed to come with everything as original. Then he started doubling back.
One more question, I did look up the build sheet but I didn't see if cargo nets are included. Can anybody confirm does the cargo net come standard with a new gle?
Old 05-12-2019, 04:00 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
I got the nav and command updated at a different dealership. They originally lied to me about updating the command, so I couldn't bother going back. The sales manager said to call him back tomorrow about the cargo cover. He tried to hit me with the car comes as is priced based on what it has as used. I said yes, but a CPO is supposed to come with everything as original. Then he started doubling back.
One more question, I did look up the build sheet but I didn't see if cargo nets are included. Can anybody confirm does the cargo net come standard with a new gle?
Cargo nets are a stand-alone accessory. It does not come with the vehicle.

So, is there an update for COMAND and they just didn't download it, or does this not exist?
Old 05-12-2019, 10:57 PM

LS400
My command firmware was never upgraded from it originally sold. I told them this and that I wanted it upgraded so I can get the android auto hack. They claimed they did, the guy who does the android hack looked it up and saw they didn't. I went to a different dealership and had them do it and the guy confirmed they did it. I don't think it's a brand new firmware, just newer than I originally had. If your vehicle is older than Apr 16 and never had an upgrade, then there is a newer version. I don't know the date of the firmware.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:41 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
My command firmware was never upgraded from it originally sold. I told them this and that I wanted it upgraded so I can get the android auto hack. They claimed they did, the guy who does the android hack looked it up and saw they didn't. I went to a different dealership and had them do it and the guy confirmed they did it. I don't think it's a brand new firmware, just newer than I originally had. If your vehicle is older than Apr 16 and never had an upgrade, then there is a newer version. I don't know the date of the firmware.
OK, thanks.