GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Mercedes Me App

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Yeah. I got an email yesterday telling me they were sorry for such bad performance but I didn’t really read it last that. I don’t remember complaining to anyone recently either so I was wondering why I got it. Is there something else I need to check now? What?
Your 30-60 seconds is fast. My screen has recently timed out twice (screen is set to 1 minute lockouts) and it still doesn’t load.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:52 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
My MM app kept saying I needed to call to have my Mbrace account activated. It's been activated for almost 2 years. I called about two hours ago. They acknowledged they've been having widespread problems lately. I asked, "Why would somebody pay for this service if it doesn't even work consistently during the free trial?" She had no answer. I asked to speak to her supervisor. I was put on hold, until they determined I was likely to have run out of patience and hung up. I did.

Normally, my MM works fine, but I know I'm in the minority. I blasted them.....for all of the people it doesn't work for. Just now checked and it's working again.

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 01-31-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 AMG GLC63S Coupe, 2020 GLE 450
Originally Posted by GLE43_Sube
My MM app kept saying I needed to call to have my Mbrace account activated. It's been activated for almost 2 years. I called about two hours ago. They acknowledged they've been having widespread problems lately. I asked, "Why would somebody pay for this service if it doesn't even work consistently during the free trial?" She had no answer. I asked to speak to her supervisor. I was put on hold, until they determined I was likely to have run out of patience and hung up. I did.

Normally, my MM works fine, but I know I'm in the minority. I blasted them.....for all of the people it doesn't work for. Just now checked and it's working again.
Mine is now working again after killing the app and re-starting..
Old 01-31-2019, 06:48 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by nbukrey
Mine is now working again after killing the app and re-starting..
Yeah, I tried that first. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. Neither worked for me. They fixed it on their end.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
I have a brand new E450 CAB with the ME connect. My service advisor set it up with me in the car. In no way was my credit necessary or used to activate the complementary Concierge , Entertain or Secure features of the car.

The ME connect was also set up and has worked flawlessly since I got the car in November of 2018. I have the iphone 6. My understanding is that the new ME connect only works on 2019 MB cars.,
Old 02-01-2019, 08:33 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by rustybear3
I have a brand new E450 CAB with the ME connect. My service advisor set it up with me in the car. In no way was my credit necessary or used to activate the complementary Concierge , Entertain or Secure features of the car. The ME connect was also set up and has worked flawlessly since I got the car in November of 2018. I have the iphone 6. My understanding is that the new ME connect only works on 2019 MB cars.,
Consider yourself lucky. Just read the dismal reviews for the app and you'll see what I mean. It currently has a 1.4 out of 5 star rating.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/merc...a/id1397873833

You may want to check on the credit card thing. They may not have specifically asked for your CC number for MMC, but if you used a CC in any part of the sales/lease process, they likely used that same number to activate your MMC subscription. Here's an easy way to check. The iPhone version of the app has a slightly different layout than the Android version. Same info. Just different layout. In the app, find the "My Vehicles" section. Then look for "Billing Information". If they used your CC, that's where you'll see the last four digits and an expiration date for the card.

Yes, Mercedes Me Connect is only for 2019 and newer vehicles.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:14 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Mercedes Me Website

In case people weren't aware, there are MM and MMC websites (links below) that mirror features in the apps. Login info is the same as for the apps. With the website, you can:
  • Use Send2Benz to send destination locations to your car's Nav
  • Check the status of your mbrace subscription
  • Watch How-to videos
  • Download the Quick Reference Guide, Owners Manuals and Maintenance Manuals
  • Schedule service at your local MB dealer
  • Contact Customer Support for
  • Access/edit information in "My Profile" and "My Vehicle"
  • Access "Account Management" for financing/leasing
  • Link to vehicle accessories
  • Speak to a Product Concierge at your local MB dealer

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedesme/index

https://www.mbusa.com/en/mercedes-me-connect
Old 02-01-2019, 09:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 AMG GLC63S Coupe, 2020 GLE 450
This morning I am back to the typical "we are performing maintenance on the system"... I tried for over 10min.. nothing.. garbage of a service for such a luxury brand.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
You may want to check on the credit card thing. They may not have specifically asked for your CC number for MMC, but if you used a CC in any part of the sales/lease process, they likely used that same number to activate your MMC subscription. Here's an easy way to check. The iPhone version of the app has a slightly different layout than the Android version. Same info. Just different layout. In the app, find the "My Vehicles" section. Then look for "Billing Information". If they used your CC, that's where you'll see the last four digits and an expiration date for the card.

Yes, Mercedes Me Connect is only for 2019 and newer vehicles.
Have checked the my vehicles on the Mercedes ME app, and it shows no billing info whatsoever. It shows the obligatory Vin, model,color, services. Just end dates for the Sirus XM trial. Only a subscribe now link. Plus vehicle support guides. Same holds true for my wife's app. Since we paid cash (check) for the vehicle, there was no need for the dealership to have our card on file.

Most likely, you and others have a faulty hermes hardware issue in your car. I believe it to be the major source of all these problems. I haven't heard of one case of anyone having this replaced in their car to address the issue. If it would be a software or "address" issue, then everyone would be experiencing these problems...which is not the case.

p.s. both my wife's and my app work equally as well with no hitches.

Last edited by rustybear3; 02-01-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:46 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Have checked the my vehicles on the Mercedes ME app, and it shows no billing info whatsoever. It shows the obligatory Vin, model,color, services. Just end dates for the Sirus XM trial. Only a subscribe now link. Plus vehicle support guides. Same holds true for my wife's app. Since we paid cash (check) for the vehicle, there was no need for the dealership to have our card on file.

Most likely, you and others have a faulty hermes hardware issue in your car. I believe it to be the major source of all these problems. I haven't heard of one case of anyone having this replaced in their car to address the issue. If it would be a software or "address" issue, then everyone would be experiencing these problems...which is not the case.

p.s. both my wife's and my app work equally as well with no hitches.
It's been awhile, so I can't remember for sure. I may have activated MM myself, as opposed to my sales adviser. If the dealer activates an account, maybe they can do it without needing a credit card. Or, the procedure may have changed since I registered.

Just for clarification, I haven't been having problems with the app. I was referring to the many people writing negative reviews on Google Play and the App Store. This recent issue has nothing to do with hardware in the cars, as evidenced by the "Service Disruptions" message that appears in the app itself. I believe the ongoing problems are probably server related. This app is used nationwide. Everyone is accessing the same features via hundreds of different cell towers, thus accounting for the sporadic service. Even though my app is currently displaying the message below, all of the features are working perfectly. This indicates that they know the problems are only affecting certain people. If you read through the many user reviews for this app, you'll see that the app will sometimes work fine for weeks. Then, it suddenly stops working, only to mysteriously start working again. If it was a hardware issue in the car, this wouldn't be the case.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Then, it suddenly stops working, only to mysteriously start working again. If it was a hardware issue in the car, this wouldn't be the case.

Why couldn't it be a hardware issue? I could make the same case for hardware that you are making for software. If this were a server issue, most likely everyone would be affected, and not a select few. To me, intermittent failure in the hardware is just as likely, even more so, than software. We're all just "hunching" at this point, but I do find it odd that not one case of the hardware being replaced has ever come up, or even suggested as a possible solution.

I had a circuit board in a past car which would act up depending on temperature, humidity, etc. that affected the operation of my climate control system...sometimes it worked, sometimes not. So indeed hardware can show intermittent problems. Just saying.....
Old 02-01-2019, 02:30 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Why couldn't it be a hardware issue?
At this point, I guess anything's possible. What I find ironic is this. Neither one of us has problems with the app. Yet, we're more concerned with the cause than MB. These problems are nothing new. They've known about them for years. It just doesn't seem to be a priority for them. To me, that's just pure, unmitigated arrogance. If you can't fix something yourself, you hire somebody else who can. Whatever the cause, they should be embarrassed over this mess. I guess "The best or nothing at all" doesn't pertain to software.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:36 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Remote Start Outages

To all of those who are experiencing issues with Remote Start, MB just released (today) their second update to Mercedes Me in four days. The latest version is 2.4.4.1. I suspected it was either the server or the App. The attached screenshot confirms the latter. I haven't had any problems with Remote Start, but many others are currently experiencing issues. From the statement in the screenshot, it looks like they've done some tweaks, but they're still working on additional fixes. So if your Remote Start hasn't been working, try this latest version.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:25 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 GLE43 Coupe
Hummm...

Mine updated a couple of days ago, and now remote start doesn't work at all!!! Used to wirk, but was slow, and you would often times have to initiate, and then kill it, and then initiate again.

Now, it doesn't get past the "Running security check" part....

On a positive note, the app is much much faster to load now...
Old 02-08-2019, 08:33 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by cadman_ks
Hummm...

Mine updated a couple of days ago, and now remote start doesn't work at all!!! Used to wirk, but was slow, and you would often times have to initiate, and then kill it, and then initiate again.

Now, it doesn't get past the "Running security check" part....

On a positive note, the app is much much faster to load now...
I always worry that a new version will break (for me) features that worked in a previous version. That's why I keep a backup of the previous version. That way, I can always revert back to that if I have to.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:41 PM

2017 GLE43 Coupe

Obviously not fixed...
Old 02-08-2019, 10:04 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
My "Home" page sometimes doesn't fully load, but those same features are replicated on the "Connect" page. A force stop fixes it. But still, this shouldn't be.

I wouldn't pay two wooden nickles for this service after the trial period ends! MB, are you listening?
Old 10-03-2019, 11:43 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Mercedes Me "Widget" Just Added to Newest Version

MB just released a new version (2.5.0) of Mercedes me today. It includes a widget. Now, you can start your engine, lock/unlock doors and locate your vehicle without opening the app. The new app doesn't yet appear on the Google Play website or in the Apple Store. If you check for updates in the Google Play app, you'll find it there.
The following users liked this post:
nbukrey (10-04-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 04:09 PM

2017 GLE43 Coupe
MB just released a new version (2.5.0) of Mercedes me today. It includes a widget. Now, you can start your engine, lock/unlock doors and locate your vehicle without opening the app. The new app doesn't yet appear on the Google Play website or in the Apple Store. If you check for updates in the Google Play app, you'll find it there.
That is REALLY sweet! That works much quicker than the app.

Thanks for sharing! I would have never found this out...
Old 10-04-2019, 07:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,834 Likes on 3,021 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
New version now available in Apple AppStore.

app loads faster.

Voice activated remote start with Siri now available.

No widget available that I can see with an Apple device.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:49 AM

2017 GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by chassis
New version now available in Apple AppStore.

app loads faster.

Voice activated remote start with Siri now available.

No widget available that I can see with an Apple device.
Android app might load a little bit quicker as well. I think it was the last version that really made the Android app load much much quicker...
Old 10-09-2019, 08:36 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Mercedes Me app was working fine for several months, but this morning it sent me a text message advising that "The location service request for your Mercedes-Benz vehicle was unsuccessful due to a network error. Please try again." In addition, the app cannot locate the car. This happened almost daily for a couple of months last summer, but then it cleared up for a while. Anyone else having issues today?
Old 10-09-2019, 08:56 AM

2017 GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Mr. Toad
Mercedes Me app was working fine for several months, but this morning it sent me a text message advising that "The location service request for your Mercedes-Benz vehicle was unsuccessful due to a network error. Please try again." In addition, the app cannot locate the car. This happened almost daily for a couple of months last summer, but then it cleared up for a while. Anyone else having issues today?
I never use the locate my car part of it, but I tried today. It did not find my vehicle, but it is parked inside right now, but it did find it 5 days ago (the app said). However, I didn't get any error messages today though...
Old 10-09-2019, 09:38 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Originally Posted by cadman_ks
I never use the locate my car part of it, but I tried today. It did not find my vehicle, but it is parked inside right now, but it did find it 5 days ago (the app said). However, I didn't get any error messages today though...
My car is (presumably) sitting in the dealer's open-air, waiting-for-service lot, but the app hasn't been able to find it all morning. I think the text messages come when you have some type of vehicle monitoring activated, e.g., Valet Protect or Curfew Minder. I always activate those when I leave my car with the dealer, so I can tell when they're actually doing something.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:48 AM

2017 GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Mr. Toad
My car is (presumably) sitting in the dealer's open-air, waiting-for-service lot, but the app hasn't been able to find it all morning. I think the text messages come when you have some type of vehicle monitoring activated, e.g., Valet Protect or Curfew Minder. I always activate those when I leave my car with the dealer, so I can tell when they're actually doing something.
hummm... Mine is sitting in the open air now, and I just checked it again, and it found it within 15 seconds.

Have you updated to the latest version? Not for sure if you're on Andriod or Apple, but I'm Android, and the latest appears to be much quicker, and has the widget feature which is really really slick. I've already used the widget several times, and it works very well and very quickly...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Me App