GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

transmission issue after the recent recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 01:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C43
I am a C43 owner and have the exact same issue on my car.
Brought my car to dealer in November and they could not fix it.
Under corporate engineering team's instruction, dealer replaced valve body, conductor plate, transmission, but issue is still there.
After waiting for 100 days for them to repair with no luck. I called mbusa and filed buyback review.
Review process takes 2-4 weeks. Pretty soon I will get an answer from mbusa..
In my opinion, this is for sure a lemon car.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 GLE 53
I just purchased a 2021 GLE 53 and I am having this issue. Mainly in comfort mode but I noticed it yesterday in individual mode where the transmission was such a sport but everything else to comfort. It mainly happens when you’re coming to a quicker stop. It seems like this thread started in 2017, does anybody know if they have come out with a software update? I did call the service department and the guy basically told me my car was too new and still learning since I had about 100 miles on it and not to worry about it. It’s not happening all the time but it certainly is annoying when you spend that much on a brand new car!
Old 08-29-2021, 10:21 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 GLE450 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by llcoolj77
I just purchased a 2021 GLE 53 and I am having this issue. Mainly in comfort mode but I noticed it yesterday in individual mode where the transmission was such a sport but everything else to comfort. It mainly happens when you’re coming to a quicker stop. It seems like this thread started in 2017, does anybody know if they have come out with a software update? I did call the service department and the guy basically told me my car was too new and still learning since I had about 100 miles on it and not to worry about it. It’s not happening all the time but it certainly is annoying when you spend that much on a brand new car!
Your service guy is right. If it's a brand new car, the TCU will have to learn your driving style. This is also good to know if you ever feel like your car has "lost" it's luster as fast as speed. You can reset the TCU yourself or ask your service advisor to do it and the computer will relearn everything over again and improve throttle response.

ALL Mercedes models have the TCU learning system, it's part of what makes the Mercedes experience