GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Passenger headrest adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 AMG 43 GLE SUV, BMW 750i
Passenger headrest adjustment

Like anything new, I will continue to have some questions.

We noticed on the initial delivery of this vehicle (GLE AMG 43 W4) that there is no power headrest adjustment on the passnger side - only a manual adjustment.

Is this correct and is there some option we should have ordered to have this?
Old 07-24-2018, 11:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GLE 43 Coupe
My 2018 AMG GLE 43 Coupe definitely has a power adjustment for the passenger headrest.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:21 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 GLE43 Coupe
Our GLE43 Coupe does NOT have power passenger headrest adjustment. But, we do not have the option to save the seat settings on that side either. I think that power headrest only comes with the seat memory option...
Old 07-25-2018, 09:16 AM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
The front passenger seat power headrest adjustment is part of this option:

Power front passenger seat with memory, $365
Old 07-25-2018, 07:33 PM

Passnger power headrest confusion

Originally Posted by GLE43_Sube
The front passenger seat power headrest adjustment is part of this option:

Power front passenger seat with memory, $365
I thank you all for your responses but I am even more confused.

1. First of all, I have the AMG 43 SUV and not the Coupe - I'm wondering if this makes a difference in having that feature.

2. I don't need to add the Power front seat with memory option - since I have the P3 package which I think includes this feature.

3. We called MB Customer Service and they said to get this feature you need option "399" which is the ventilated contour seats.

Our vehicle has the "button" for the power passenger headrest on the door, but it doesn't move.

So how can we determine which is correct?

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2018, 07:52 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 GLE43 Coupe
You will have the button even if you don't have the power headrest option. I'm assuming it's to make the look symmetrical from side to side...
Old 07-26-2018, 08:17 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by rocky12
First of all, I have the AMG 43 SUV and not the Coupe - I'm wondering if this makes a difference in having that feature.
Sorry, I didn't notice in your profile you had the SUV. Yes, the options and packages are completely different in the SUV. You might have better luck on that forum, since they're more familiar with your vehicle.

I was the one who specifically asked the site administrator to create a separate "Coupe" sub-forum. Situations like this are the reason why. The differences between the Coupe and SUV are much more than just a sloping rear end.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:20 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by cadman_ks
You will have the button even if you don't have the power headrest option. I'm assuming it's to make the look symmetrical from side to side...
Yes, that would be correct. It would look ridiculous if that button was missing on the one side. Plus, production costs would be higher for MB. It would require two different designs of door trims in each finish.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:24 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
We called MB Customer Service and they said to get this feature you need option "399" which is the ventilated contour seats.

So how can we determine which is correct?

Thanks!
If MB told you that, I'd go with their answer. My response was based purely on the (incorrect) assumption that you had the Coupe.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GLE 43 Coupe
The button does not lower the headrest all the way down, so try to raise the headrest with the button first to make sure you are not at the limit down ?
Old 07-26-2018, 10:25 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by GeoX750
The button does not lower the headrest all the way down, so try to raise the headrest with the button first to make sure you are not at the limit down ?
Huh? My button covers the full range.....up and down.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:20 AM

SUV sub-forum

Sorry, I didn't notice in your profile you had the SUV. Yes, the options and packages are completely different in the SUV. You might have better luck on that forum, since they're more familiar with your vehicle.

I was the one who specifically asked the site administrator to create a separate "Coupe" sub-forum. Situations like this are the reason why. The differences between the Coupe and SUV are much more than just a sloping rear end.
Yes, it makes sense that the the option set could be different for the Coupe. I actually didn't want to "double-post" in the the GLE forum. Do you think it would make sense to have an AMG 43 GLE W4 (SUV) subforum?
Old 07-26-2018, 11:50 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Do you think it would make sense to have an AMG 43 GLE W4 (SUV) subforum?
Probably not, since the options/features are essentially the same.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:06 PM

Same options?

Probably not, since the options/features are essentially the same.
Are you saying the options/features are the same on the standard GLE SUV compared to the AMG 43 SUV, or compared to the Coupe? I know many features on the AMG 43 SUV are in fact not on the standard GLE, and that is why we opted for the AMG model.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:20 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Are you saying the options/features are the same on the standard GLE SUV compared to the AMG 43 SUV, or compared to the Coupe? I know many features on the AMG 43 SUV are in fact not on the standard GLE, and that is why we opted for the AMG model.
I believe the standard features of the AMG GLE43 SUV are similar to that of the Coupe. I think a lot of the features of the AMG GLE43 SUV are standard when compared to the GLE SUV. But assuming one ordered the GLE SUV, opting for those missing features, it would be essentially identical to the AMG version, minus of course the performance enhancements that AMG provides. Would they still be different vehicles? Yes, but not nearly the difference between the SUV and the Coupe. These two have different bodies. Further evidence of this is the fact that the GLE SUV and the AMG GLE43 SUV are at the same link on the MB website, while the Coupe is at a completely different link.

The bottom line is this. They all share similar DNA. I just believe the Coupe is more like a "cousin" to the AMG GLE43 SUV. While the AMG GLE43 SUV is the GLE SUV's more muscular brother. Just my humble opinion. But you know what they say about opinions.

You could also argue that the AMG GLE43 SUV is identical to the Coupe, just with a different rear end. Now, I'm sure everyone is thoroughly confused.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:54 AM

Cool

I believe the standard features of the AMG GLE43 SUV are similar to that of the Coupe. I think a lot of the features of the AMG GLE43 SUV are standard when compared to the GLE SUV. But assuming one ordered the GLE SUV, opting for those missing features, it would be essentially identical to the AMG version, minus of course the performance enhancements that AMG provides. Would they still be different vehicles? Yes, but not nearly the difference between the SUV and the Coupe. These two have different bodies. Further evidence of this is the fact that the GLE SUV and the AMG GLE43 SUV are at the same link on the MB website, while the Coupe is at a completely different link.

The bottom line is this. They all share similar DNA. I just believe the Coupe is more like a "cousin" to the AMG GLE43 SUV. While the AMG GLE43 SUV is the GLE SUV's more muscular brother. Just my humble opinion. But you know what they say about opinions.

You could also argue that the AMG GLE43 SUV is identical to the Coupe, just with a different rear end. Now, I'm sure everyone is thoroughly confused.
What you have said makes perfect sense to me, but my problem, having just taken delivery of this wonderful new vehicle and having of course many questions, which I'm certain the learned members of this subset GLE 43 Coupe forum and the superset forum for the GLE can answer, is "where do I pose the questions"? I know that cross-posting is frowned upon. Already I have picked up some great tips (tapping the vehicle button to see the 360 camera, as one example).
Old 07-28-2018, 11:21 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
My problem is "where do I pose the questions"?
That's a hard question, with no definitive answer. You can start with the GLE SUV forum. There are AMG owners there with the exact same vehicle as yours. If your question isn't answered there, you can always come here. What I've noticed is that the Coupe forum seems to be more performance oriented, since everyone here has the AMG. Once you've owned your vehicle for a while, you'll know the exact differences between the models. This will help you determine which folks are better equipped to help you. I frequent both forums, because a lot of the questions pertain to all GLE models. However, I spend most of my time answering questions, rather than asking them. I enjoy helping new owners like yourself. The longer you own your vehicle, the less questions you'll have. I fall into that category. When I do have a question, I always come here, because I know the person responding has the exact same vehicle. There's no confusion. I don't have to worry about getting an answer and then discovering it's not correct because my model is different.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:32 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Rocky,

Private Message for you.