GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

No Heated Side Mirror Option on GLE 43 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE 43 Coupe
No Heated Side Mirror Option on GLE 43 Coupe?

I am from the Lexus family, this is my first Benz. Surprised to know the side mirror on this car doesn't come with the heat option.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:03 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by waynesreef
I am from the Lexus family, this is my first Benz. Surprised to know the side mirror on this car doesn't come with the heat option.
Page 100 of the owner's manual:

"The exterior mirrors are heated automatically if
the rear window defroster is switched on and the
outside temperature is low."

Because there's no dedicated button, one would never know about this feature unless you scoured the manual.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE 43 Coupe
Originally Posted by GLE43_Sube

Because there's no dedicated button, one would never know about this feature unless you scoured the manual.
Thanks for the tip. Good to know.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:27 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 GLE43 Coupe

I knew that they were heated, but I've never had a need to turn them on, because our car sits inside most of the time during icy weather. If I would have had to turn them on, I would have wondered how they worked!!
Old 11-15-2018, 01:39 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by cadman_ks
I knew that they were heated, but I've never had a need to turn them on, because our car sits inside most of the time during icy weather. If I would have had to turn them on, I would have wondered how they worked!!
Like you, unless I'm actually driving, my car is always in the garage. Even so, the mirrors could still develop frost after pulling out into the cold weather. You've never had a need to turn them on because they've already been on. If you've ever used the rear window defroster, your heated mirrors have been on. You just didn't realize it. At first, I thought this setup was kind of odd. Now, I think it's pretty ingenious. Think about it for a minute. Anytime your rear window has frost, your rearview mirrors are likely to frost over as well. Eliminating the need for a separate switch means there's one less thing to turn on.

Now, if that stupid Start/Stop ECO button would stay off, I'd be a happy camper. I know there's an aftermarket fix, but I'm too stubborn to actually "pay" to fix something MB should never have designed in the first place.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:18 AM

2017 GLE43 Coupe

Now, if that stupid Start/Stop ECO button would stay off, I'd be a happy camper. I know there's an aftermarket fix, but I'm too stubborn to actually "pay" to fix something MB should never have designed in the first place.
LOL...
Old 11-21-2018, 05:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 CL550, 2018 E400 Coupe, 2019 AMG GLE43 Coupe, 1968 C10 Restomod
Like you, unless I'm actually driving, my car is always in the garage. Even so, the mirrors could still develop frost after pulling out into the cold weather. You've never had a need to turn them on because they've already been on. If you've ever used the rear window defroster, your heated mirrors have been on. You just didn't realize it. At first, I thought this setup was kind of odd. Now, I think it's pretty ingenious. Think about it for a minute. Anytime your rear window has frost, your rearview mirrors are likely to frost over as well. Eliminating the need for a separate switch means there's one less thing to turn on.

I understand your hate for this, but it’s not MB’s fault. It’s the EPA and government requirement. All new cars are being built this way.... BMW, Lexus, etc
Old 11-21-2018, 08:50 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by legendary

I understand your hate for this, but it’s not MB’s fault. It’s the EPA and government requirement. All new cars are being built this way.... BMW, Lexus, etc
Yeah, I did hear that when I first bought the car. I guess it's better than the VW emissions scandal. I'd rather have to turn off a button than to be lied to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksw...ssions_scandal
Old 11-21-2018, 09:27 AM

2017 GLE43 Coupe
.. I guess it's better than the VW emissions scandal. I'd rather have to turn off a button than to be lied to.

Absolutely been there, done that. The ONLY good thing that came out of that was that they payed us dearly for our vehicle. The bad thing about it was that we had to turn in probably the BEST vehicle that we have ever owned. SMH...
Old 11-21-2018, 12:36 PM

2017 GLE43 Coupe
.. I guess it's better than the VW emissions scandal. I'd rather have to turn off a button than to be lied to.

Absolutely been there, done that. The ONLY good thing that came out of that was that they payed us dearly for our vehicle. The bad thing about it was that we had to turn in probably the BEST vehicle that we have ever owned. SMH...