GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

Weistec Tune's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 03:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 GLE 63 S
Weistec Tune's

There is a lot of back and forth about tune's on here but I havent come across many threads talking about the Weistec tunes. I know they are a part of the top 3, but it seems like most people go with Renntech or OE. The Stage 1 Weistec claims to add 166 HP and the Stage 2 states 211 HP whereas Renntech adds 64 HP and OE adds 83 HP for their Stage 1's. Do most people go with the Renntech and OE because they are a safer tune? What are y'alls thoughts on Weistec and the longevity of their tunes on the M157, specifically for a 2016 GLE 63 S?
Old 11-21-2023, 03:27 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
2019 GLE 63S AMG, 2009 C63
I went with Eurocharged mainly because I was familiar with them, and it seemed like a very safe tune.
So far I am very happy with it.
Weistec and OE are great options as well from what I've read.
Interested to see what you decide so good luck and post a follow up!
The following users liked this post:
bayhas (11-22-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 03:34 PM

2016 GLE 63 S
Thanks for the insight. I forgot to add Eurocharged in there as well. I'm concerned with the potential cylinder wall scoring. Weistec seems to produce a lot more power over the others from a Stage 1 perspective. There has to be some people on here who have the Weistec tune and have ran it for a prolonged period period of time like the other tunes. I'm interested in their experience.
Old 11-23-2023, 12:54 PM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
I've run Renntech R1 pkg on a few cars now. All with great results. I had Eurocharged with my older 211 E55 with good results but ended up switching to Kleeman in the end to deal with catless exhaust and turning off the rear O2 sensors. At the time Kleeman was the only one available to turn off the rear O2 sensors. Now I believe it is pretty much readily available from everyone. OE I tried and the car would go into limp home mode as soon as I would load the tune.

You have to remember how the tune from Renntech is rated. They look at the actual numbers produce by the car stock and then the numbers produced by the car with the tune. They don't just go by what the factory rates them at. Supposedly the cars produce more power on average than they are rated by Mercedes. With that said I think most of the tunes from Renntech, Eurocharged, Weistec are all fairly similar Hp and Tq.
Old 11-23-2023, 01:56 PM

Received 140 Likes on 113 Posts
Aston Martin Vantage, GLE 43 AMG, Volvo XC60, BMW X1 35i, Ram 1500, BMW Z4 35i
Originally Posted by amg guy
I've run Renntech R1 pkg on a few cars now. All with great results. I had Eurocharged with my older 211 E55 with good results but ended up switching to Kleeman in the end to deal with catless exhaust and turning off the rear O2 sensors. At the time Kleeman was the only one available to turn off the rear O2 sensors. Now I believe it is pretty much readily available from everyone. OE I tried and the car would go into limp home mode as soon as I would load the tune.

You have to remember how the tune from Renntech is rated. They look at the actual numbers produce by the car stock and then the numbers produced by the car with the tune. They don't just go by what the factory rates them at. Supposedly the cars produce more power on average than they are rated by Mercedes. With that said I think most of the tunes from Renntech, Eurocharged, Weistec are all fairly similar Hp and Tq.
been disappointed with RennTech... after running a tune for three years, started getting a CEL... contacted RennTech and they said they were looking into this issue...4 months later...nothing... had the tune removed and no more CEL
Old 11-24-2023, 12:58 AM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
'16 Jaguar F-Type R, '21 GLE63s
Originally Posted by BlackBisonAMG
Thanks for the insight. I forgot to add Eurocharged in there as well. I'm concerned with the potential cylinder wall scoring. Weistec seems to produce a lot more power over the others from a Stage 1 perspective. There has to be some people on here who have the Weistec tune and have ran it for a prolonged period period of time like the other tunes. I'm interested in their experience.
I had the Weistec tune on my W166 63 and only had one minor issue with it - it permanently disabled the start/stop function but since I never used that anyways, it never really bothered me. Otherwise, I had no problems at all with the tune. I havent bothered to tune my W167 63.

I chose Weistec because they are local to me and I wanted a shop that I could bring it to if I had any issues but never had to do that.
The following users liked this post:
BlackBisonAMG (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 03:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 E63 AMGs
I have a Weistec ECU and TCU tune on my 2016 E63. The car is an absolute beast. No issues over the last 2.5 years.
Old 11-25-2023, 05:32 PM

2016 GLE 63 S
Thats guys, I appreciate y'alls input and experiences.