GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

HELP Front 360 Camera not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 250D 2017
HELP Front 360 Camera not working

Hi all,

Ive got a black screen with an image of camera inside a red circle, suggesting my front camera is not working.

Took it to mercedes for a diagnostic who said camera needs replacing and quoted £900.

Managed to get part number and ordered a new camera myself and installed it relatively easily, as its plug and play. the bonnet is closed properly and all other cameras works fine.

However issue is still there, any ideas? Could it be a fuse issue, if so where is this located?

Thanks

Old 06-23-2024, 11:46 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by amz100
Hi all,

Ive got a black screen with an image of camera inside a red circle, suggesting my front camera is not working.

Took it to mercedes for a diagnostic who said camera needs replacing and quoted £900.

Managed to get part number and ordered a new camera myself and installed it relatively easily, as its plug and play. the bonnet is closed properly and all other cameras works fine.

However issue is still there, any ideas? Could it be a fuse issue, if so where is this located?

Thanks

did you ever figure it outv
Old 06-24-2024, 02:53 AM

GLE 250D 2017
Originally Posted by Syed Ali
did you ever figure it outv
got another one and had to get it re calibrated
Old 06-24-2024, 08:03 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by amz100
got another one and had to get it re calibrated
new camera only? And where did you get it recalibrated? How much to recalibrate?
Old 06-24-2024, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 611 Likes on 451 Posts
MB
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8363728

"I learned one thing after removing my front bumper.. Before you disconnect the front Camera, make sure you have disconnected the battery and wait 15 minutes. If you wait this 15 minutes, the car will go to sleep and all the modules will turn off. You can then remove the front camera and install the new one without have to have it recalibrated again."
Old 06-24-2024, 09:48 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by wildta
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8363728

"I learned one thing after removing my front bumper.. Before you disconnect the front Camera, make sure you have disconnected the battery and wait 15 minutes. If you wait this 15 minutes, the car will go to sleep and all the modules will turn off. You can then remove the front camera and install the new one without have to have it recalibrated again."

that is very helpful! Thank you so much, I just hope its the camera thats the issue and not something else I just bought the car. Which camera did you go with? Oem or aftermarket?
Old 06-24-2024, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
that is very helpful! Thank you so much, I just hope its the camera thats the issue and not something else I just bought the car. Which camera did you go with? Oem or aftermarket?
Sorry I've never had this issue but I do remember reading a couple people stating the above advice when replacing the front camera, so I thought it was relevant to you. Hopefully you get it resolved.
Old 06-26-2024, 08:57 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by wildta
Sorry I've never had this issue but I do remember reading a couple people stating the above advice when replacing the front camera, so I thought it was relevant to you. Hopefully you get it resolved.

hey brother, just replaced with a new Oem camera and I did the steps on removing battery it went to a complete black screen and then later the no camera symbol came back. Does that mean it needs to go to the dealer to get recalibrated?
Old Yesterday, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
hey brother, just replaced with a new Oem camera and I did the steps on removing battery it went to a complete black screen and then later the no camera symbol came back. Does that mean it needs to go to the dealer to get recalibrated?
Yes I would assume so. Sorry that the tip above didn't work for your system.