GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Side-by-Side-by-Side X3-GLK-RDX Comparisson

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML-350 BT
Side-by-Side-by-Side X3-GLK-RDX Comparisson

Found this very interesting and informative Side-by-Side-by-Side X3-GLK-RDX comparisson at:

http://mybenzguy.com/blog/?p=174#more-174

Well done!

What is difficult to tell is the relative sizes of the cargo area. Perhaps the proverbial golf bag layed out in all three would of given us some way to assess.

I would of also liked to have a comparisson of the space available for the rear seat passengers. I look forward to the chance to see one in person and assess how 2 adults and a (growing) boy would fit in the back. In my B200 shoulder room is currently very snug but leg room is ample.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:04 PM

1994 E320
Blog

Thanks for the comments. I was just getting ready to post the GLK 2.0 update on here. It only took me 2 weeks to get it finalized. The back seat is roomy. Enough room for 2 adults and a kid for sure. Trunk room is great, very functional. I will get the comparison uploaded for everyone to look at. Maybe tomorrow? Check back in couple of days.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:09 AM

ML
In my opinion I think the review is biased on the Benz side.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:30 AM

Mercedes A-Class (W169)
Yes, I also think it is biased towards the GLK (I am also a big fan of the GLK, but want to hear also some critics about it). Also it is missing more real comparison like driving dynamics, comfort and road/engine/wind noise. Qauility of the cabin etc...

Also I want it compared with the Audi Q5 and the Volvo XC60. In my opinion these will better comptetion to the GLK. I am also disaapointed by MB not putting more active safety systems on the GLK (as an option) like the Volvo XC60 and the Q5. The GLK hasn't anything special in this field? ESP? Huh I have it on my A-Class? Active xenons? Everybody has them as an option. XC60 has systems like adaptive cruise control, blind spot montior, driver attention monitor, City Safety...great whiplash protection (proved by EuroNCAP) and much better then MB NECK-PRO (again according to EuroNCAP for the M-Class). After hearing about the NECKPRO results I am not so confident in the PRESAFE system also. And if MB thinks that this active safety systems are not very usefull why does it offer them in the new E-Class? Why cannot you choose them in the C or the GLK?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM

1994 E320
Yes I have a biased view towards the GLK. I dont put the Volvo in the same class as a Mercedes. I think it is a step below, but not to the level as a Jap built car. The ride is not the same. We will see how the Q5 pairs up to the GLK next year, but closely I would say. In answer to your question on the additional active safety systems...the C and GLK are built as more of a price point vehicle, with that much of the other features are not available. MB's stand point on active safety...they coined the phrase in the 60's. Everything about MB is safety first, not that other makes aren't, but I dont believe to the same level. MB has more safety patents than any other manufacturer in the market.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by mybenzguy
Thanks for the comments. I was just getting ready to post the GLK 2.0 update on here. It only took me 2 weeks to get it finalized. The back seat is roomy. Enough room for 2 adults and a kid for sure. Trunk room is great, very functional. I will get the comparison uploaded for everyone to look at. Maybe tomorrow? Check back in couple of days.
Thank you so much for your very detailed comparison that you put together.

I tried to find your GLK 1.0 update, but I have not been successful in finding a link on your website. Perhaps you could send it to me via PM.

Thanks again !

Derek
Old 12-30-2008, 06:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SirOracle--he's likely limited to those models already at dealers. The Q5 and XC60 haven't arrived yet.

I'm impressed by the level of effort. In my experience, few car salespeople take much advantage of the Internet. For an extreme example of one that does, check out the site of this Subaru salesman:

http://www.cars101.com
Old 12-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I see that a lot of people think that the comparison is MB bias. I had the opportunity of participating in on-site training with the GLK, X3 and RDX. Even though it was a MB based training course, there are a lot of key differences between the 3 vehicles that better the GLK in the test. They range from performance, comfort, craftsmanship and convenience. The biggest gap between these vehicles is safety. I invited a few unbias friends to make the comparison and they chose the GLK hands down. But of course, it's hard to pry the diehard BMW and Acura fan into a MB.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by mbwestminster
it's hard to pry the diehard BMW and Acura fan into a MB.
Is there really such as thing as an "Acura fan"?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

There is, and unfortunately, as much as I love him, my brother is one of them. He started with a new Integra GSR in the mid 90's and never looked back...the TL Type S, MDX, NSX and now a new TL followed