GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Mercedes-Benz GLK price and feature comparisons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes-Benz GLK price and feature comparisons

I added GLK price and features data to TrueDelta's database the day they were announced--sorry for not making this known sooner.

At any rate, this makes it possible to configure a GLK along with another model and compare the prices and features of the two. It seems to be very competitively priced, about $3,500 below a similarly equipped BMW X3.

No invoice prices yet--if someone has come across them please let me know.

I'll get prices for the Audi Q5 and Volvo XC60 in once those are released.

Car price comparisons
Old 12-30-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 325iX Sport Wagon, Range Rover
The GLK is attractively priced. The GLK feels like a high end offering and has features beyond a typical "entry" level offering.

IMHO, MB got the package and price right for grabbing market share in a market segment they were late entering and a tough economy.

I am buying one, as soon as they can deliver the combo I want.

Does Canada get the twin spoke/5 point 20" wheels with exterior upgrade or the seven spoke the US gets? I like the both, but prefer the twin spoke/5 points. In USA, it is a $3,300 upgrade for the twin spoke. In future, I bet you will have a choice.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by MtnMachine
Does Canada get the twin spoke/5 point 20" wheels with exterior upgrade or the seven spoke the US gets? I like the both, but prefer the twin spoke/5 points. In USA, it is a $3,300 upgrade for the twin spoke. In future, I bet you will have a choice.
For Canada, MB offers the 20" 5 twin spoke alloys as part of the "Sport Package", which includes aluminum colored roof rails instead of black rails, as a $1000 option.

IMO, if one is planning any off-road use or winter driving with all seasons, you would be better off with the standard 19" wheels/tires. One should also consider the fact that there is no existing supply of alternative or even replacement 20" tires for the GLK in North America at this date. If you blow out a 20" tire, you may be waiting a long time for a replacement ! Of course there is a space saver tire, but it's strictly limited in its speed (80 kph or 50 mph), handling and distance capabilities.

Finally, the 19" wheels look massive enough and the car rides and performs very well with this set up. The 20" option to me is overkill and makes no practical sense.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:02 PM

1991 300CE, 1994 E320, 1994 E420, 1995 E320Cab
Just got the price card from the local (CAN) dealer. GLK350 4MATIC $41,800.
Included -ESP, Brake assist,Agility control,Adaptive Brake with hill start,Audio 20 sound with in-dash MP3 compatible CD 5" screen and central command controller, bluetooth and aux input, 19" 10 spoke alloy wheels, power folding mirrors, roof rails, heated washer system with 2 stage rain-sensing wipers, 10 way power heated front seats, burled walnut wood trim, dual zone climate control.
Options - Premium pkg all electrical upgrades,pano roof, power tailgate - $3,500.
Sport pkg - 20" 5 spoke wheels and aluminium roof rails - $800.
Bi-Xenon w/headlight washers - $1,000.
Leather pkg - $2,500.
Didn't get a test drive as you have to make an appointment.

Sure looks nice though!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:13 PM

DerekACS, interesting info.

I agree that 20" are overkill and increase rolling mass that could actually have slight neg impact on a number of performance measures, but you cannot get alu roof rails, without 20" wheels.

Not sure I get why you cannot get a tire for the MB 20s? Why is the tire or wheel so unusual?

Why can't I buy an after market 18" wheel for MB and put a snow tire on it? 20s for spring, summer, fall, and 18 set for winter? I can buy after market wheels for other MBs in several price ranges?

Just a few hours and the GLK will be officially lauched in USA. I bet the dealers will still be short on tech info.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
looks good, kind of early for 2010 model imo but they sure priced it pretty good
Old 01-05-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
DerekACS, interesting info.
I agree that 20" are overkill and increase rolling mass that could actually have slight neg impact on a number of performance measures, but you cannot get alu roof rails, without 20" wheels.
You can purchase aluminum-colored roof rails as an accessory item; $82 for the set according to MBUSA website for GLK. Thus, you do not have to purchase the Sport/Appearance Package to get the bright colored rails.

MB does not offer 18" wheels for the GLK; standard wheels are 19" or optional 20" for NA market. However, for Euro market, there are two different 17" alloy wheels available for the off-road version or for snow tires. According to various tire distributors in NA, there are no 19" or 20" snow tires available in the sizes that would be appropriate for the GLK.

Furthermore, there are no replacement 20" all season tires currently offered for the GLK by existing tire distributors in NA. These type of tires are for the moment strictly an OEM tire exclusively made for the NA market. All-season tires (also known as "no-seasons" in the auto trade) are not sold in Europe, where genuine snow tires are used for winter driving. It could be several months before NA tire distributors stock the 235/50 x 20" all season tires required by the GLK. That's why I urged "caution" to anyone wishing to buy the 20" wheel/tire option.

The only snow tires that I have been able to find for the GLK are sized : 235/60 x 17" (contact www.tirerack.com). In any case, this tire size for the GLK is the most appropriate one for winter performance in heavy snow conditions.

Last edited by DerekACS; 01-05-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 AM

As DerekACS points out, I could not find 235/50/20s.
I some how missed that you can order alu roof rails as seperate item, even if you go with std 19" wheel.

Is bolt pattern or offset unique for GLK? Can't you get aftermarket 17" wheels for GLK? I will check with dealer service mgr. on this.

I live in SoCal, but GLK will be my Sierra Ski transporter and being able to use snow cables or snow tires are a must for me. This is not just a 4x grocery hauler.

I am sure this is a big issue for Canadian's and many target GLK buyers.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 AM

2010 GLK
I heard the aluminum roof rails were in tight supply.
Therefore all the GLKs for the next 3-months will be supplied with dark roof rails.
If you purchased a first release GLK with the sport package you got the aluminum roof rails.
My GLK on order is Basic Black with running boards 19" wheels and dark roof rails.
I would really like to swap out the dark roof rails for the aluminum rails...a do it yourself project...I could not find a link on the MB USA site for the $82 US aluminum rails...maybe it was removed until supply met deman?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:45 AM

I do not think the MBUSA site ever had aluminum roof rails as an accessory. The site did and does have chrome roof trim strips for about $82 dollars that come is two sizes, for cars with or without sunroof.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
I do not think the MBUSA site ever had aluminum roof rails as an accessory. The site did and does have chrome roof trim strips for about $82 dollars that come is two sizes, for cars with or without sunroof.
My apologies ! You are absolutely correct. I misread the Exterior Appearance section and the reference to Chrome Roof Strips, mistaking them for roof rails. However, for someone who really has to have the aluminum (bright) rails, I'm sure they would be available through any MB parts department (cost ???).
Old 01-23-2009, 03:58 PM

2010 GLK
Aluminum Rails

No worries.

I may, depending on the cost, swap out the black rails for the aluminum rails when they are in stock etc.

I can't imagine the installation would be too difficult.

Link to VW Touareg site installing Cayenne aluminum roof rails...
http://www.tregcentral.com/scripts/p...?idproduct=243

Yes, I traded my Touareg for a MB GLK