GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Canadian GLK Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Originally Posted by fishsriz
No it wont.. check your order.. Mine is delivery the first or second week of April.
Check to see if its SPA for your sport "appearance" package.

But if you are getting the roof rails let me know what dealership you ordered from and I wil be stopping by mine right away..
Sorry but to which no are you refering to? the wood or the aluminum roof rails?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:36 PM

2010 GLK350 4Matic, Tenorite grey, Premium package, Bixenon package & Burl walnut wood trim
No it wont.. check your order.. Mine is delivery the first or second week of April.
Check to see if its SPA for your sport "appearance" package.

But if you are getting the roof rails let me know what dealership you ordered from and I wil be stopping by mine right away..

The dealer told me that the sport package comes with the aluminum roof rails and I can't confirm it because I didn't order the sport package.

However, I did order the wood trim on my GLK. Other dealers I visited said the wood trim won't be available until June, but I do have it printed on the order.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:59 PM

Sonderklasse
Thanks for the info footmark. Good to hear wood trim is available for earlier rather than later delivery. Will definitely visit my dealer soon!

I think if one ordered the sport appearance pkg and on the order sheet it states aluminium rails, yet upon delivery it's black rails, one can demand for it to be swapped out later?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:52 PM

GLK350- Sport pkg, Navi and HK
Originally Posted by WingFlex
Thanks for the info footmark. Good to hear wood trim is available for earlier rather than later delivery. Will definitely visit my dealer soon!

I think if one ordered the sport appearance pkg and on the order sheet it states aluminium rails, yet upon delivery it's black rails, one can demand for it to be swapped out later?

I had a long talk with the dealer about that and he said they would not be able to do it.
Unless you know their is a shortage of the roof racks the dealers aren't telling you when you order the sport package. The have a couple different stories to go with it. But he did say if he gets a memo saying they have them back in stock he is going to make sure that my GLK gets them as long its still at the factory.

Last edited by fishsriz; 02-18-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:40 PM

GLK-350
I had a long talk with the dealer about that and he said they would not be able to do it.
Unless you know their is a shortage of the roof racks the dealers are telling you when you order the sport package. The have a couple different stories to go with it. But he did say if he gets a memo saying they have them back in stock he is going to make sure that my GLK gets them as long its still at the factory.
Ordered mine for Euro Delivery and they didn't say that the aluminum roof rails wouldn't be included.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Manback
Ordered mine for Euro Delivery and they didn't say that the aluminum roof rails wouldn't be included.

Exactly my point... They didnt say anything to me about it either until I asked them.

It may not happen to you... but to be dead honest I wouldnt be surprised if it does.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:36 AM

GLK 350
Exactly my point... They didnt say anything to me about it either until I asked them.

It may not happen to you... but to be dead honest I wouldnt be surprised if it does.

Fishsriz you are correct with the rails, that they are changing them with the black one since there is a shortage. There is an internal memo that was given to all sales rep, and before signing you can ask and confirm with your reps on which rail you will be getting.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:53 AM

Hey Baby G what are the stock headlight bulbs... i didnt order Xenons.. but looking to replace with aftermarket HID
Old 02-18-2009, 12:06 PM

GLK 350
Hey Baby G what are the stock headlight bulbs... i didnt order Xenons.. but looking to replace with aftermarket HID
To be honest, I don't know. I know you have started a thread below, maybe that can give you more insight:

https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...-ordering.html

If you don't mind me asking where did you order your GLK from, and why didn't you choose the Bi-Xenon option. That was the first thing on my list. Which part a sauga are you from?
Old 02-18-2009, 01:34 PM

GLK-350

i am not getting until mid June should they be available by then?
Old 02-18-2009, 01:45 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by Manback
i am not getting until mid June should they be available by then?
I hope so as well, since i'm getting the Keyless GO, which starts for June production, hopefully by then the shortage issue is resolved, since I have the Sports Package as well.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:33 PM

im hoping they resolve it soon before my 3/2 production
Old 02-19-2009, 08:19 AM
phs

12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
Keyless Go

Originally Posted by Baby G
I hope so as well, since i'm getting the Keyless GO, which starts for June production, hopefully by then the shortage issue is resolved, since I have the Sports Package as well.

I have put down a deposit back in Nov08 at Markham MB for the GLK. Up till now I still have not finalized my order because I am still waiting for the availability of the Keyless Go. Have you actually placed an order with Keyless Go already?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:25 AM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by phs
I have put down a deposit back in Nov08 at Markham MB for the GLK. Up till now I still have not finalized my order because I am still waiting for the availability of the Keyless Go. Have you actually placed an order with Keyless Go already?

I have placed the order with the KEYLESS GO for the first batch which starts in June Production. I have verified this with my dealer, and called MB Canada as well who have confirmed Keyless GO starts in June.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:22 AM

I live in Meadowvale Baby G... U?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:16 PM

GLK 350
I live in Meadowvale Baby G... U?
Fish i'm in streetsville.... Let me know when you get your vehicle, where did you buy yours?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:56 PM

I bought it @ Miss Benz.. I should have it the first week of April
Old 02-19-2009, 03:42 PM

GLK 350
I bought it @ Miss Benz.. I should have it the first week of April
I gave them mutiple chances but they weren't in the mood to give discounts? Did you get any discounts?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:23 PM

got 2 off
Old 02-19-2009, 08:20 PM

2010 GLK350
hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

i ordered a black on black one this january and was hoping to get keyless-go and burl walnut trim. but i was told that i couldn't get either. so i had to settle for aluminum and rear view camera or wait till july for delivery. since my lease for my current car ends in may, i couldn't take this option. despite this though, i'm still anxious to pick up the new car.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:37 PM

2010 GLK
Congrats

Nice Ryan A.

Did you get Flat Black or Obsidian Black?

Did you ponder the sports package ?...or like Ontario too many potholes for the 20" rims?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by benggolf
Hi Daniel. 451/443=EW is Sam who joins our group meets.
I believe he works in sales at MB-Burnaby on Boundary.

So you are interested in a GLK now, eh?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:14 PM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by Schutzen
Nice Ryan A.

Did you get Flat Black or Obsidian Black?

Did you ponder the sports package ?...or like Ontario too many potholes for the 20" rims?
thanks... i got it in flat black. i think it's ludicrous that merc has the nerve to charge extra for metallic paint on a 50k car that honda does for free on a civic. i pondered the sports package for like a second and decided against it. although the rims look nice and i love the addition of the aluminum rails, i'm just not a fan of suvs riding on low profile tires with large rims. also, my current mazda6 already has low profiles (from factory) and i don't like the harsh ride at all. i even had to replace a tire already due to potholes here. so i'm trying to avoid that. frankly, i would like the 17" rims that merc offers in europe, but i couldn't get it.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:57 PM

2010 GLK
We are cut from the same cloth...

I too asked about the 17" rims and offroad package...not a huge issue but your get down hill control and underbelly deflection panels etc. MB did not figure anyone in NA would want the package...I am sure the GLK we are getting will be fine for the "gravel roads and mud puddles". I liked the aluminum rails...maybe a do it yourself project...although I read on the GL (big brother) the rails are fastened from the inside, meaning drop the roof panel
Old 02-20-2009, 02:59 AM

BMW 328i
Hello Ryan A,

Did you get any discounts on your order by any chance and if so, which MB dealer did you go to? The MB in Vancouver won't budge at all

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Canadian GLK Owners