Ipod disconnecting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:47 PM
pez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350 4Matic
Ipod disconnecting

Hi, I just got my GLK a week ago (Will have pics if it stops raining in Toronto, ugh) and I keep having a problem with my ipods loosing connection with the Ipod/Media interface connection.

It will work fine for 5-10 minutes, then the LCD screen will say "No Device Detected" and I loose all audio for 3-4 seconds, then detects my ipod again but will usually drop off like this three to four times in a row, then work fine for 5-10 minutes. I've used 2 ipods a Classic and a Nano (1st gen) and the same thing happens. I'm not going over bumps when it disconnects either, any ideas?
Old 04-03-2009, 03:51 PM

528i, GLK
thats not normal, does it only happen when you drive? have you try to shake the ipod while the car is stationary and see it happens?

obviously make sure the cable in the glove box is secure and not loose.

all else take it to the dealer.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:54 PM
pez

GLK350 4Matic
yea, I was just testing it, i was wiggling and shaking the cable of the ipod and it didn't skip or anything, then set it down while just parked in the garage, and in 2 minutes it disconnected itself
Old 04-03-2009, 09:16 PM

2010 GLK
Do you have the iPod interface kit or the UMI kit?

Sounds like a connection problem...
Old 04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
pez

GLK350 4Matic
I think its the media interface kit? it's a cable thats inside the glovebox
Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 AM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by pez
I think its the media interface kit? it's a cable thats inside the glovebox
I think you are from Canada? or outside US? From you sig. you ordered these options separately. Comand and Rear View Cam. You also stated IPOD. I suggest you schedule a service with your dealership and have this check out. Def. not normal.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
My ipod is not charging while connected to the media interface cable. The ipod screen shows the MB logo and it works fine for a day but when the power is drained it keeps diconnecting and reconnecting. I have no issues with the C63 that does not have MM.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:42 PM

2010 GLK
If you have a new iPod or new iPhone the power pin was changed by Apple on these newer Apple products.

I think you may need a scosche passport...

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/21/s...gets-reviewed/

A problem with the system has been that when you plug in your 3G iPhone it gives a message that it is incompatible and unable to charge. According the to Apple website this error will probably also happen with 4th generation iPod Nano and 2nd generation iPod Touch devices.

It would be handy to be able to charge these devices in the car while listening to music. It seems that this little adaptor (Scosche passPORT), available for about $25 at your local Apple store or online, will fix the problem.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by Schutzen
If you have a new iPod or new iPhone the power pin was changed by Apple on these newer Apple products.

A problem with the system has been that when you plug in your 3G iPhone it gives a message that it is incompatible and unable to charge. According the to Apple website this error will probably also happen with 4th generation iPod Nano and 2nd generation iPod Touch devices.

It would be handy to be able to charge these devices in the car while listening to music. It seems that this little adaptor (Scosche passPORT), available for about $25 at your local Apple store or online, will fix the problem.
The one that won't charge is a new Nano and the one in my C63 is an old Mini so that sounds like the problem. Thanks!!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:19 PM
pez

GLK350 4Matic
thanks for the info, but its happening on all iPods i can get my hands on heh, an ipod classic, 1st gen mini, and 1st gen touch.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:07 PM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by pez
thanks for the info, but its happening on all iPods i can get my hands on heh, an ipod classic, 1st gen mini, and 1st gen touch.
I picked my car up today & my Classic won't work either.
It charges fine but no MB screen ever shows up on my Ipod.

To the dealer I go tomorrow!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:00 PM
pez

GLK350 4Matic
switching the cable fixed it!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red

Worked like a charm Thanks again
Old 04-16-2009, 09:06 PM

2010 GLK
That is good news...I have learned a great deal from this GLK forum regarding the iPod / iPhone interface kit and UMI kits etc.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glk

Thank you for this info....worked out very well for me...now my ipod is being charged while listening to it...man i love forums..
Old 04-23-2009, 09:09 PM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by hhughes1
My ipod is not charging while connected to the media interface cable. The ipod screen shows the MB logo and it works fine for a day but when the power is drained it keeps diconnecting and reconnecting. I have no issues with the C63 that does not have MM.
I have exact problem now.
First my "Classic" won't work @ all.
I then bought new "Nano" 4G and works great.
Thing is it won't charge so I bought the "Scosche" which doesn't charge my Nano.
Now I'm at a loss what to do next?