GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Dome Lights Removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
I got all my LED bulbs from http://store.ijdmtoy.com/. They are very helpful and allowed me to return and exchange the first set of interior lights for a brighter set.

The correct ones to order for the interior lights are these:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/product-p/pkg_euro_smd_13.htm. These are the brighter lights and cost $ 39.99 but worth it over the ones they sell that cost $ 26.99. These replace the 2 front dome lights, 2 front vanity lights and 1 trunk light.

These next lights are the little eyebrow lights next to the turn signal light:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/OBC-Error-F..._t10_sku27.htm.

These are the parking city lights:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/OBC-Error-F...hite_sku81.htm.
These replace the small light under the high beam bulb that turn on when you park and when the lights are on. Since I have a HID kit, they match the Xenon color and are not that dull yellow, they are a little dull but they look ten times better then the stock yellow light. They are only $7.99.

If you have any questions on how to get to the bulbs to replace, let me know. If you go to my profile, I posted some pictures that you can look at.

Like I said, I still cannot find an LED to replace my rear dome light!

Last edited by gdepau; 11-17-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:04 PM

GLK 320cdi Edition1
Do you know how to change this bulb ??? side door courtesy light

Old 11-19-2009, 04:19 PM

GLK 320cdi Edition1
nobody can give me a answer ?

And how for the dome light in the back ?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:11 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
I apologize in advance for how this may sound but...

WTF IS WRONG WITH THE INTERIOR LIGHTS AS THEY ARE???

I'm pretty sure the new GMC Terrain comes with random blue interior lighting if that is look some of you are going for...

Or maybe it's just me...
Old 11-20-2009, 09:25 AM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by ruiyu
nobody can give me a answer ?

And how for the dome light in the back ?
I have not done the side door light. The dome light in the back is tricky. You can use a credit card to slide between the roof and dome light on a slight angle then slide it over to one side. I then used a thin screwdriver behind the credit card and roof to pry the dome light off. There are 4 tabs, 2 on each side that hold the cover, thats why I slide it to one side about an inch from the end and pry from there. I am still looking for a decent LED light to replace the stock bulb. The one I am using is not an LED and not bright enough.

This thread may give you a better idea on the credit card use to remove bulbs....https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...ighlight=bulbs. Its for the front dome lights but you will get the idea.

Last edited by gdepau; 11-20-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:33 AM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by JT01
I apologize in advance for how this may sound but...

WTF IS WRONG WITH THE INTERIOR LIGHTS AS THEY ARE???

I'm pretty sure the new GMC Terrain comes with random blue interior lighting if that is look some of you are going for...

Or maybe it's just me...

Nothing is wrong with the stock interior lighting, I just think the white LED lights give it a sharper look at night matching the Xenon lights.

...GMC Terrain is not a bad looking car...
Old 11-20-2009, 11:13 AM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by gdepau
Nothing is wrong with the stock interior lighting, I just think the white LED lights give it a sharper look at night matching the Xenon lights.

...GMC Terrain is not a bad looking car...
Fair enough...
Old 12-03-2009, 02:15 PM

glk
THANKS GDEPAU, if anyone is more than helpful, it's you...i will let you know what my experiences with these leds swap will be.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:03 PM

glk
photos gone
Old 12-11-2009, 11:08 PM

glk
Originally Posted by JT01
Fair enough...
I finally get to sit down and order the LEDs.

JT01. in your previous writing you referred a kit from JDM
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/product-p/pkg_euro_smd_13.htm

it has two for the front(maps)...two for the rear and 1 for the license plate...

did you fit all four for front and rear? and only 1 for the plate?...since the pictures are gone...

What about the mirror light on the top? Did you replace them as well?

There are also other different kind of LEDs for the license plate...should I get them alone?...(since the kit only has 1?)

and does the license plate only needs 1?....since the kit only comes with 1.

thanks,
Old 12-12-2009, 03:09 PM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
The 5 LED lights they sell you are all the exact same bulb which is the 5 SMD T10 LED Bulb in their picture. The description is incorrect because it makes it look like they are selling you different bulbs but they are all the same. These bulbs will fit the 2 front dome lights, 2 vanity lights (above the visor mirrors) and the 1 trunk light, not the license plate bulbs. Don't try and replace the 2 rear view mirror bulbs or map lights because they are very hard to pull out of the socket once you take the plastic cover off and I'm not sure what bulb to use.

The rear "center" dome light takes only one bulb and the one I ended up using is this one:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Canbus-Euro..._t10_sku27.htm.

This is the same bulb you can use for the front eyebrow bulb and the parking city lights if you installed a Xenon HID kit and want the same white light. This LED light only comes as a 2 pack but now I have an extra LED bulb in case one goes out.

As far as the license plate, it is 2 bulbs not 1 and I have not found one that works. The bulbs above were the ones I originally ordered and should have worked but after trying to install it I found out the base was a little bit wider than the standard bulb base and it won't fit the socket. Thats when I tried it for the rear dome light and it worked perfectly and matches the intensity of the other interior LED's.

I kinda gave up finding a bulb for the license plates for now.

P.S...I also found when ordering from iJDMtoy.com is that they are pretty good about taking back returns (as long as you reorder other bulbs) and that the standard shipping takes the same amount of time as 3 day so save the extra few bucks, it comes US mail anyway in 3-4 days. Good luck!

Last edited by gdepau; 12-12-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 AM

glk
The 5 LED lights they sell you are all the exact same bulb which is the 5 SMD T10 LED Bulb in their picture. The description is incorrect because it makes it look like they are selling you different bulbs but they are all the same. These bulbs will fit the 2 front dome lights, 2 vanity lights (above the visor mirrors) and the 1 trunk light, not the license plate bulbs. Don't try and replace the 2 rear view mirror bulbs or map lights because they are very hard to pull out of the socket once you take the plastic cover off and I'm not sure what bulb to use.

The rear "center" dome light takes only one bulb and the one I ended up using is this one:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Canbus-Euro..._t10_sku27.htm.

This is the same bulb you can use for the front eyebrow bulb and the parking city lights if you installed a Xenon HID kit and want the same white light. This LED light only comes as a 2 pack but now I have an extra LED bulb in case one goes out.

As far as the license plate, it is 2 bulbs not 1 and I have not found one that works. The bulbs above were the ones I originally ordered and should have worked but after trying to install it I found out the base was a little bit wider than the standard bulb base and it won't fit the socket. Thats when I tried it for the rear dome light and it worked perfectly and matches the intensity of the other interior LED's.

I kinda gave up finding a bulb for the license plates for now.

P.S...I also found when ordering from iJDMtoy.com is that they are pretty good about taking back returns (as long as you reorder other bulbs) and that the standard shipping takes the same amount of time as 3 day so save the extra few bucks, it comes US mail anyway in 3-4 days. Good luck!
again you are simply helpful...now i understand...

so you got the kit+2 sets of the ones in the link(2 for eyebrow, 1 for rear seat, and 1 spare)...

they do have a license plate section, have you checked it out?

I am all the way up in Toronto...dun't know if shipping will be much more different...I guess they do not have a retail store...not around me anyways...man, i really wish they can ship this to me...will try tmr...
Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 AM

glk
and yes, i do have Bi-Xeon...
so the eyebrow lights are the same with the parking lights?...
what about fog lights...is there a bright LED for them?...BTW, i am still a bit nervous about removing those plastic tabs( in order to remove the plastic cover to access the fog lights)...anyone done removing them before? any pics?...i just need to see how to remove one of them ...
I am not sure how comfortable I am to remove the front bumper and install HID for the fog...

in Canada, low beam is ON all the time for DRL, and only in US you can disable it...
I really wish I can make fogs my DRL...
Old 12-15-2009, 02:06 PM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by pipicyx
again you are simply helpful...now i understand...

so you got the kit+2 sets of the ones in the link(2 for eyebrow, 1 for rear seat, and 1 spare)...

they do have a license plate section, have you checked it out?

I am all the way up in Toronto...dun't know if shipping will be much more different...I guess they do not have a retail store...not around me anyways...man, i really wish they can ship this to me...will try tmr...
I did check out that section but I don't trust it because the ones I bought were supposed to work and they did not. They sell these cheap blue bulbs for $7.99 - http://store.ijdmtoy.com/OBC-Error-F...hite_sku81.htm - but these are really dim and don't give off enough light.

However, now that I went back I may buy these, it looks like they may work because they have the wedge base. - http://store.ijdmtoy.com/White-Blue-...t10_sku300.htm

Last edited by gdepau; 12-15-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 PM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by pipicyx
and yes, i do have Bi-Xeon...
so the eyebrow lights are the same with the parking lights?...
what about fog lights...is there a bright LED for them?...BTW, i am still a bit nervous about removing those plastic tabs( in order to remove the plastic cover to access the fog lights)...anyone done removing them before? any pics?...i just need to see how to remove one of them ...
I am not sure how comfortable I am to remove the front bumper and install HID for the fog...

in Canada, low beam is ON all the time for DRL, and only in US you can disable it...
I really wish I can make fogs my DRL...
At least for my stock halogen lights they are the same, I'm not 100% sure since you have the factory Bi-Xenons, the housings are different.

As far as the fog lights, I have not attempted it because of having to at minimum take the tires off to get to the fog lights. I read on another discussion topic on this forum that you don't have to remove the bumper, it just makes it easier. That still seems like a lot work and I probably won't do it.

As far as LED's for the fog lights I think these are the ones iJDMtoy offer's - http://store.ijdmtoy.com/18-SMD-LED-...flux_sku48.htm

They say they are for H11 bulbs which is what we have. I do know you can also buy Xenon white bulbs that are halogen at your local auto store. They sell for $25-$30 dollars (US) so that is another alternative. Post some pictures on whatever you decide to do.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:10 AM

2012 GLK
Preferred bulbs to use for rear and front dome

Can you tell me what LED bulb you usewd for therear dome light or where you got it?

This is the best LED bulb to use for entire interior applications even trunk
Attached Thumbnails Dome Lights Removal?-image.jpg