GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Door handles with Chrom line or not???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350-premium pks,Bi-zenons,NAVI,OEM Hitch, Stepboards etc..
Door handles with Chrom line or not???

I got a phone call from my dealer and he said that car was just arrived.

So, I went there and looked around my car.

But I just found one thing that a few GLK had upper chrome line on each out-door handles but some of them didn't have them on.

I thought it was due to Premium Package..Is it true?

Mine is CANADIAN model.

Also, mine also has Keyless-go opt. but I couldn't find it inside of car.

Dealer said that the Keyless-go button could be removable if I want to start an engine with a key after putting and turning it.

After that, he just show me a small cap cover with written on "ON/OFF"

I was little confused with that thing..

Last edited by Dreamka; 07-04-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:02 PM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
i've seen a r350 on the showroom floor that had keyless go and the button was in the cup holder. so i assume the button is removeable.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:50 PM

C35 OMG
So does the keyless engine-start come standard?
Old 07-04-2009, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by reyoasian
So does the keyless engine-start come standard?
No~ Actually, I Opted Keyless-go option(Jun 2nd production)

BTW, nobody knows the upper chrome line on its out-door handles and why it has on.
Anyway, mine has chrome stripe on it and Im happy with that.

It looks much better...

Have a nice weekend, you guys.

Last edited by Dreamka; 07-04-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:41 AM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
if it's the strip that runs along the top of the handles, it's a MB accessory. someone just bought them for their glk. originally designed for the c-class but they fit the glk too.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by veerodder
if it's the strip that runs along the top of the handles, it's a MB accessory. someone just bought them for their glk. originally designed for the c-class but they fit the glk too.
Yes, it is upper chrome strip on them.
BTW, it is a MB accessory?
Hmm.....

But I've placed an order on April 20th with Keyless go option and received VIN number on Jun 5th.

Is it possible that someone bought it but he/she didn't take the car then how can i get the VIN number on JUn 5th.
becasue GLK with Keyless-GO option has been produced from Jun..

It is weird.

Last edited by Dreamka; 07-04-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 AM

I will go to my dealership and take a photo and post for it.

Thank you.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:03 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by Dreamka
I will go to my dealership and take a photo and post for it.

Thank you.
Congrats, take a pic if you can, and also of the keyless go part, a little confused on how it is explained above. I finally got my VIN, expecting delivery hopefully 2-3 wks.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:20 PM

528i, GLK
does anyone know if the keyless go can be retro fitted?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:37 PM
phs

12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
The chrome strips on top of the door handles is a feature of the Keyless-Go option. I picked up my GLK 5 days ago with Keyless-Go. I have the same chrome handles in my 2008 C350 4matic with Keyless-Go also.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:05 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by phs
The chrome strips on top of the door handles is a feature of the Keyless-Go option. I picked up my GLK 5 days ago with Keyless-Go. I have the same chrome handles in my 2008 C350 4matic with Keyless-Go also.
Can you post some pics?? I would like to see how it looks.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:00 PM

GLK
Originally Posted by webada
does anyone know if the keyless go can be retro fitted?
My guess is yes, but not easily. Our old ML had it, and the differences I see are:

1. Door handles would have to be purchased and swapped out since they have the lock and unlock touch sensors

2. The doors would probably have to be wired for this (if not already, which I would not bet on)

3. Probably need to order a control module that handles the touch sensing signals from the handles

4. Not sure but you may also needs something that handles the engine start function, since there is a plastic plug that goes into the ignnition switch that the key normally goers into. That button is then pushed to start the car. Not sure if there is some sort of Keyless Go control module that would also handle this.

5. All of that assumes that the COMAND or other on-board computer would be capable of handling all of the functions (my guess would be yes; it would not make much sense to have too many different versions of the computers)

The dealer with which we put down a deposit on our GLK (to be picked up later this week) swore up and down that the GLK would never have Keyless Go since they were trying to distinguish it from the ML and GL models. I will be calling him shortly, and am not happy about reading this - that it is available already...
Old 07-14-2009, 01:18 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by MilesBFree
My guess is yes, but not easily. Our old ML had it, and the differences I see are:

1. Door handles would have to be purchased and swapped out since they have the lock and unlock touch sensors

2. The doors would probably have to be wired for this (if not already, which I would not bet on)

3. Probably need to order a control module that handles the touch sensing signals from the handles

4. Not sure but you may also needs something that handles the engine start function, since there is a plastic plug that goes into the ignnition switch that the key normally goers into. That button is then pushed to start the car. Not sure if there is some sort of Keyless Go control module that would also handle this.

5. All of that assumes that the COMAND or other on-board computer would be capable of handling all of the functions (my guess would be yes; it would not make much sense to have too many different versions of the computers)

The dealer with which we put down a deposit on our GLK (to be picked up later this week) swore up and down that the GLK would never have Keyless Go since they were trying to distinguish it from the ML and GL models. I will be calling him shortly, and am not happy about reading this - that it is available already...
Wouldn't doing all this have an impact on the electrical warranty, and the extreme cost???

Not sure when you ordered yours, but Keyless GO infomation was available when I ordered my car way back in January, and I knew June was the projected month to start Keyless GO production.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:24 PM

GLK
The dealer apparently did not have the same info that it appears many individual customers do (sarcasm - I am beginning to think he is a real tool).

Yep, agreed on your points as to the cost and warranty implications - good points. I was just brainstorming what it would take to do this since someone above asked about retrofitting.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:42 PM

GLK
Another thought on retrofitting - you would also need to order a couple of new keys, since those are what the car senses when making the decision to lock or unlock via the touch sensors. Our ML had two types of keys - ones that would work with the Keyless Go, and a spare that did not, but only functioned as a regular key (with the wireless lock/unlock buttons on it). The keys were visually the same, but the Keyless Go ones probably had some sort of transponder in it.

Not sure if you would also need to have the COMAND unit reprogrammed to recognize the new keys too, in order to allow the normal wireless key functions to work.

This would be a very costly project to retrofit.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:25 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by MilesBFree
The dealer apparently did not have the same info that it appears many individual customers do (sarcasm - I am beginning to think he is a real tool).

Yep, agreed on your points as to the cost and warranty implications - good points. I was just brainstorming what it would take to do this since someone above asked about retrofitting.
You had very good valid points, I simply adding those implications ones.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:29 PM

2010 GLK350 4Matic Sport
Just FYI, Keyless Go can NOT be retrofitted. And the chrome trim you see on the door handles come with Keyless Go as the touch sensors for locking and unlocking. Although I find you can touch outside of the chrome and still unlock.