Upcoming GLK --Updates?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
Question Upcoming GLK --Updates?

Hello all MB world of GLK...
does anyone know of any updates slated for September thru December orders? Or better yet, any new changes coming up for the new year? Just curious....
Old 07-17-2009, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by mr.mbenz
Hello all MB world of GLK...
does anyone know of any updates slated for September thru December orders? Or better yet, any new changes coming up for the new year? Just curious....
dude the car was just released what do you want them to have updated by now? they don't change the cars every 3 months/...
Old 07-17-2009, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
I think Mr MBenz has a valid question. The car was released as a 2010 months (6 or more before any other MB model?), and when the rest of the MB line-up switches over to the 2010 model year, there are some minor changes planned per our dealer.

I think the Keyless Go might be a good example - the car was launched w/o that, and now it is being added from June as discussed elsewhere in this forum. Not that that is tied to a quasi-model year changeover. I believe our dealer stated that that was to happen in the August timeframe, and the Keyless Go timeframe seemed more like June. (I mean that the quasi model year changeover was to happen in August. It is still a 2010, but if it had been released initially as a 2009, the cars made from August onward would have switched to 2010s.)

One place to look for possible additions to the options / packages offerings would be the C-class since they share the platform, or other models such as the M-class in the SUV line-up.

Is the C-class available with options such as air suspension (The M-class is)? That may come in with a later model year for the GLK.

They need to release a sport version at some point. I have seen all sorts of denials that there will ever be an AMG model, but I suspect there will be.

Not sure if anything will happen in the next few months (to WWMIndy's point), but the discussion is interesting.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by WWMIndy
dude the car was just released what do you want them to have updated by now? they don't change the cars every 3 months/...
thanks for your input.
ALL I was asking if anyone knew of any updates slated. Sometimes there are minor changes that could be a BIG change for purchase decision making. I understand that the model has been out for 8 - 9 months and that the actual test was done in 2007. Therefore, it is easy to presume that there are some minor changes if not major in upcoming months? KeyLess Go offering has caused quite some debate....
Old 07-17-2009, 10:23 AM

Thumbs up Thanks MilesBFree

great input...this is what the thread was referring to..
Old 07-17-2009, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Originally Posted by MilesBFree
I think Mr MBenz has a valid question. The car was released as a 2010 months (6 or more before any other MB model?), and when the rest of the MB line-up switches over to the 2010 model year, there are some minor changes planned per our dealer.

I think the Keyless Go might be a good example - the car was launched w/o that, and now it is being added from June as discussed elsewhere in this forum. Not that that is tied to a quasi-model year changeover. I believe our dealer stated that that was to happen in the August timeframe, and the Keyless Go timeframe seemed more like June. (I mean that the quasi model year changeover was to happen in August. It is still a 2010, but if it had been released initially as a 2009, the cars made from August onward would have switched to 2010s.)

One place to look for possible additions to the options / packages offerings would be the C-class since they share the platform, or other models such as the M-class in the SUV line-up.

Is the C-class available with options such as air suspension (The M-class is)? That may come in with a later model year for the GLK.

They need to release a sport version at some point. I have seen all sorts of denials that there will ever be an AMG model, but I suspect there will be.

Not sure if anything will happen in the next few months (to WWMIndy's point), but the discussion is interesting.
Good Points. I agree with you that if ever the AMG is made, I will be really interesting in adding it to the GLK. A 6.3L engine in the GLK , just makes me. Now back to the real world... waiting for it to happen, if it happens.....
Old 07-17-2009, 06:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
I am hoping there are some good upgrades for the GLK because if there are some good options I will trade mine in. As far as an AMG mode coming out goes, I have asked several friends that work at an MB dealer and they have been told no. They were told that there is no need for another AMG model in a small SUV since they have the ML already. Also if one was made I think it would have a different motor than the 6.2l since gov. restrictions are getting tighter and tighter as time passes.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:45 PM

Thanks Baby G and GLK4MATIC

Great inputs guys...
anyone know what the dealer are saying?
Definitely, KeyLess Go is a great option. Not sure if they are going to offer different wheel pkg. as some state the 20" wheel sticks out more than the rubber?