GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

New Updates as of August 2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
New Updates as of August 2009

For your interest, here's what is happening to the all the GLK's after July's production:

New Paint Color : Palladium Silver New
Available KEYLESS-GO New
Available driver memory with parking support passenger mirror Enhanced
Available COMMAND system with hard-drive navigation with SIRUS real-time traffic service Enhanced
Rear cargo cover standard* New (*beginning July production)
Tire Pressure Monitoring System Enhanced
Rear View Camera Enhanced

not sure what it meant by Enhanced...could it be that MB is listening to our members?

Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
I thought there was a previous post that this was part of the June 09, production.

Keyless GO is something I got, car was part of June production. Just a thought....
Old 12-03-2009, 11:06 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 CLA Motorsport Edition, 2015 G550, 2012 GLK350
Ours came with a cargo cover, and we have the command with sirius traffic. But I don't think we have the parking support mirror... Wierd...

Family love our Baby G though!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:26 AM

2010 GLK
Originally Posted by mr.mbenz
For your interest, here's what is happening to the all the GLK's after July's production:

Available KEYLESS-GO New
Available COMMAND system with hard-drive navigation with SIRUS real-time traffic service Enhanced

not sure what it meant by Enhanced...could it be that MB is listening to our members?

So I am confused. I purchased my car in October, and the cargo cover was not included. I asked my dealer twice about it being standard, and he said it was not standard. Does anyone have any advice on how I can make sure I get one of these? If I was supposed to (as it sounds like I was).
Old 12-03-2009, 11:39 AM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by meghanwww
So I am confused. I purchased my car in October, and the cargo cover was not included. I asked my dealer twice about it being standard, and he said it was not standard. Does anyone have any advice on how I can make sure I get one of these? If I was supposed to (as it sounds like I was).
You simply do to your dealer and you make it a big deal! You ***** and moan about it until they give you one! Seriously.

Of course they are saying it isn't standard. They got in the lot wihtout one and dont want to have to pay to get you one!

Car dealers and shady at best... I don't trust a word they say!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 PM

GLK 350

Available KEYLESS-GO New

It'd be nice if current owners could get some of these enhancements.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:16 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Originally Posted by JT01
You simply do to your dealer and you make it a big deal! You ***** and moan about it until they give you one! Seriously.

This is exactly what I did. I called Mercedes Benz USA and POLITELY complained and pointed out that it is a Standard option now and that $400. is an insult! Also tell them your a new Mercedes Customer. I explained I could have bought a Toyota, Jeep or Honda and got one Standard. I mentioned that if they didn't agree with me regarding this issue that it would greatly reduce the chances of my next vehicle purchase from Mercedes. That was the kicker. They told me to go to the dealer the next day and they would have one for me. Which they did. DON'T YELL AT THEM. DON'T THREATEN THEM. BE POLITE AND EXPLAIN WHY YOUR NOT A HAPPY MERCEDES OWNER YET.

Good Luck

Last edited by cyberglk350; 12-03-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:37 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by cyberglk350
This is exactly what I did. I called Mercedes Benz USA and POLITELY complained and pointed out that it is a Standard option now and that $400. is an insult! Also tell them your a new Mercedes Customer. I explained I could have bought a Toyota, Jeep or Honda and got one Standard. I mentioned that if they didn't agree with me regarding this issue that it would greatly reduce the chances of my next vehicle purchase from Mercedes. That was the kicker. They told me to go to the dealer the next day and they would have one for me. Which they did. DON'T YELL AT THEM. DON'T THREATEN THEM. BE POLITE AND EXPLAIN WHY YOUR NOT A HAPPY MERCEDES OWNER YET.

Good Luck
Glad to here it!

I am thick, tattied and have a shaved head, so when insisting politely doesn't work... a little intimidation often gets me results!!

Stereotyping sucks but it can work in your favor when you play it right...
Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 PM

2010 GLK
Thanks everyone for the advice! I called MBUSA and lo and behold, the cargo cover should have been included. Yay! So I just put a call in to my dealership's parts center and explained the situation. I think they are going to make sure I get the cargo cover. So glad I did not pay $350 out of pocket for it!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:58 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Originally Posted by meghanwww
So glad I did not pay $350 out of pocket for it!!!

Me too!

Actually, at first I paid out of pocket for one. Then two days later it was really eating at me that I dropped the $375. for something that seemed like it should be standard equipment. So I took it back for a refund. Then took my chances with Mercedes USA and it all worked out. I can say honestly that Mercedes has been a stand up company so far to me. Much better than other Manufacturers I have dealt with.

Last edited by cyberglk350; 12-03-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
thanks Baby G

Originally Posted by Baby G
I thought there was a previous post that this was part of the June 09, production.

Keyless GO is something I got, car was part of June production. Just a thought....
you're right!
I think this mainly applies to our US neighbors
sorry, should have stated that earlier....

Old 12-03-2009, 10:51 PM

GLK 350
you're right!
I think this mainly applies to our US neighbors
sorry, should have stated that earlier....

no worries its all good.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by JT01
Car dealers and shady at best... I don't trust a word they say!
Just as shady as banks, insurance companies, investment firms, doctors, lawyers, consultants, real estate agents, politicians and anyone selling anything, right?

I hope you are none of the above, because if so, I don't trust a word you say either!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:59 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
Just as shady as banks, insurance companies, investment firms, doctors, lawyers, consultants, real estate agents, politicians and anyone selling anything, right?

I hope you are none of the above, because if so, I don't trust a word you say either!
No... I don't think that is what I said!

Politicians? Sure... shady! Realtors and lawyers? Sometimes. But i'm cool with the rest.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by WWMIndy

You neglected to mention MBA's !!!