GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Getting Sirius

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:13 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 CLA Motorsport Edition, 2015 G550, 2012 GLK350
True... Just like I was under the assumtion that Sirius would be on all cars. To get one without I would have thought that it would be a special order. I guess to get an advertised low price they nickle and dime everything down. ( including not painting the hollow shark fin ) weird!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by polarbexar
True... Just like I was under the assumtion that Sirius would be on all cars. To get one without I would have thought that it would be a special order. I guess to get an advertised low price they nickle and dime everything down. ( including not painting the hollow shark fin ) weird!

Wouldn't the "antenna" for the radio tuner be in the fin?

And am I the only one that doesn't get the point of wanting the fin to be painted?? I realize I have a black GLK and I don't have the issue of it not "matching" but it seems like plenty of fussing over nothing... it's an antenna!!!

Many of you who chose colors other than black did so because of the contrast with the black pano roof... which I agree looks pretty sharp. So why give a **** about the black of the shark fin???? It's not like it's lime green or something....
Old 12-07-2009, 12:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 CLA Motorsport Edition, 2015 G550, 2012 GLK350
It's not like it's lime green or something....
LOL don't tell my wife!!! Thats her favorite color!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:44 PM

2010 GLK 350/2009 Lincoln MKX
I could care less about the color of the fin, the contrast is nice but I was hoping they could throw the sirius antenna could be joined under there. No biggie, I just didn't realize that would probably be a lot of work. Anyway, I will know soon enough what my option are. Thanks for all the responses so far though, this is turning out to be a good topic
Old 12-20-2009, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by RedRover
Well, you are right. But I am flabbergasted, having worked with Automobile assembly lines, that there would be a modern day system that had a build sheet (Bar code/RFID, etc) that would call for somebody to mount a hollow, non functioning Shark Fin.
Having worked on the line, you would know that providing 2 unique stampings (one for a roof with a hole for SIRIUS/etc and one without) would introduce more variants and be considerably more expensive versus installing an inexpensive hollow fin to cover the hole.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:23 PM

2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
Having worked WITH assembly lines, not ON them. Had a lot to do with the Voice Operated Robots at GM and Ford.
Yes, you are right, They are stampings and it does make sense to make only one stamping.
To be honest, I just completely forgot about the hole! LOL!

In any event, it really doesn't matter to me. I don't want Sirius.
I don't do "talk radio" and i have my own custom music show on my $149 ipod.
I have sirius on my Caddy and after having an iPod adaptor installed a couple of weeks ago, I will be canceling Sirius.

BTW there are two ways to get the service for $77 year.......

1- Call and tell them you got an offer in the mail and it mentioned a discount code ZWINBACK that gives 1 year for $77

2- Tell them you are not using the service as much since you have gotten your ipod and don't think it is worth the full rate and that you heard that there was a promotion for $77 which would keep you from canceling.....

The other thing to remember.....when you call in you are talking to a call center.If they say no...callback you will likely get a different operator...

I got the 1 year $77 deal a few months ago and used the ZWINBACK code successfully.

Last edited by RedRover; 12-20-2009 at 08:25 PM.