GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Cornering Light Causing Damage in Light Housing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
hmmmmm malfunctions are starting to pop up!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Originally Posted by MBRedux
I think it's just service rep myself.... but if there's something to it, I'll let you all know.

By the way... has anyone else noticed that if you are caught in a traffic jam intersection, or at a long traffic light to make a turn at night and your wheel is ever so turned, the side corner light stays on indefinately until you either make the turn and straighten out, or center the wheel if you're waiting in traffic? This is where these bulbs must fry the mirror refector housing.
Redux,

My new GLK does not do this. If If I am making a turn and the cornering light turns on. It will turn off after about 15 seconds if I have not made that turn. But it will turn back on once I begin moving again to make the turn.

My dealer emailed me this today by the way. This was his reply to me. I asked him to keep me updated on the Headlight problem in my first GLK. Since you mentioned your dealer told you there was an updated bulb I mentioned that to my Service Advisor. This was his reply to me...

"Yesterday, I spoke to our engineers in the lighting division. It sounds as if they have not been involved with this up to the level that you were hearing on the internet. He has requested that I send the damaged lamps to him personally for evaluation. I will attempt to get some additional information about possibly upgrading the bulbs."

I also checked the Mercedes Online parts website. http://epc.startekinfo.com
The bulb and housing do not show any updated part numbers.

Just an FYI I guess.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Thanks.... what's interesting here is that your cornering lights turn off after a given period if you haven't made the turn...... now that sounds more like a software glitch... Thanks!

By the way.... I asked my rep to give me the updated part number for that bulb... he has not called back! Doesn't surprise me... I'll give him until Friday and then I'll call back.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
I verified this on my way home tonight.

Say I am approaching a right hand turn. As I turn on the blinker, the cornering light turns on. Suppose then that I can't turn yet because of approaching traffic. The light then turns off (I didn't time for how long it was on before it turned off here) but the blinker continues to flash. If I creep up to my turn (wheels still straight) the light is still turned off. As soon as I turn the wheel at all to the right then the light comes back on. After the turn is completed and the wheels are straight again then the light fades off after 5 or 6 seconds.

See if your does this.