GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Another Newbie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS550
Another Newbie

Just purchased my GLK350 yesterday, Barolo Red/Almond MB Tex, P1, COMAND.

I had been stalking these forums for a while during the shopping process and want to say thank you to all who posted on here...the opinions and owner comments really helped me in making my decision.

And for anyone looking in the South Florida area, I strongly recommend Virginia at Pompano Beach MB. I have VPP on other manufacturers (if you have never bought a car on VPP it means there is a set price and no negotiations) but still got the Merc because Virginia and sales manager David made the process almost as painless as a VPP purchase.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:37 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 53 Coupe, 2024 GLE 450e SUV
Good luck and welcome to our family!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:22 PM

2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
Welcome aboard. Weird color. You must not be a black and white person.......

Interesting, I am from southwest Florida and I also passed up VPP on a couple of other brands.....Nissan, Infiniti and Cadillac...

Enjoy!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:35 PM

2010 GLK 350 Sandstone Beige
Cool

Congrats and it's great to see anbother non black or white GLK 350 out there. I was just down in your area over the holidays and managed up to 26.5 mpg on I75 and the Florida Turnpike.
Attached Thumbnails Another Newbie-2010-glk350-b.jpg  
Old 01-03-2010, 10:55 PM

GLS550
No disrespect meant to the white/black/grey/silver crowd, but here in the land of Del Boca Vista Phase III, if you are driving a colorless (or 'all the colors') vehicle you're practically obligated to go to dinner at 4:30 and wear your pants up around your armpits.

So, since I'm way too young to get the senior discount at Denny's, a color was mandatory. Blue and red were tied at the top (dealer only had red so that was that), followed by green. Beige/Khaki was out since that's the same color as my dad's C320 and mom wouldn't let me hear the end of that anytime soon. I love driving a car with color after 6.5 years in a silver 350Z -- and I'm loving the car (or truck as MB insists on calling it) overall.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the family!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:07 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
[quote=HBirdman80;3880005]No disrespect meant to the white/black/grey/silver crowd, but here in the land of Del Boca Vista Phase III, if you are driving a colorless (or 'all the colors') vehicle you're practically obligated to go to dinner at 4:30 and wear your pants up around your armpits.

So, since I'm way too young to get the senior discount at Denny's, a color was mandatory. quote]

I don't get it? When did metallic black, white and silver become "old man" colors? You must be confusing "old" with "classic".

I would agree that navy, green and fire red are perhaps more "youthful", but metallic beige and maroon?.. Not so much... (still look great though!)
Old 01-04-2010, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Mercedes Benz has always been in the "old man" catering business.... all their colors are conservative and for "old men" and women in my opinion. All their cars, even the SLR are built for rich old men with money that wish for some youthful spunk with their status rides.. no surprises here, it's the way it's always been.

Here's some youthful cars and colors. The demographic for cars that are considered "youthful" is a middle-class fun handling/tossable car.... like these VW products.

Last edited by MBRedux; 01-05-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:42 PM

GLS550
[QUOTE=JT01;3880727]
Originally Posted by HBirdman80
No disrespect meant to the white/black/grey/silver crowd, but here in the land of Del Boca Vista Phase III, if you are driving a colorless (or 'all the colors') vehicle you're practically obligated to go to dinner at 4:30 and wear your pants up around your armpits.

So, since I'm way too young to get the senior discount at Denny's, a color was mandatory. quote]

I don't get it? When did metallic black, white and silver become "old man" colors? You must be confusing "old" with "classic".

I would agree that navy, green and fire red are perhaps more "youthful", but metallic beige and maroon?.. Not so much... (still look great though!)
You have to live down here for a bit to understand...the white/black/grey Lexus/BMW/Merc is so common down here it seems like they are the official vehicles of the retirement communities.

And for something to be 'classic' it must also be 'old'...otherwise it cannot possibly be 'classic.'
Old 01-04-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
it's just nice to see another glk owner in the U.S.A. it seems like the only people buying glk's are in canada!!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:09 PM

2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
No Kidding! Must be THE most popular new car in Canada! LOL!

BTW, white of course is very big in the south where it is hot. And generally the black ones are owned by younger folks. If you have ever owned a black car, you know why.
Damn, they look fine when they are clean!

There is a difference between young drivers and kids........ Most of the roller skates are driven by Kids. MB doesn't even want that demographic..........
Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 PM

GLS550
I noticed most of the posts around here seem to be from our friendly neighbors to the north. I cannot figure out why the GLK is not more popular here in the states. It seems like you can't turn around here without running into a Q5 but I almost never see another GLK. I get it, the Q5 got better performance marks than the GLK in the reviews...I'll make sure to remember that the next time I'm driving on a skidpad or through a slalom. In the meantime, I'll keep my vehicle that's thousands less, but has features that are more useful in everyday life: an easy to use and simple infotainment system with all the features, a convenient and easy to use cargo cover, being able to put my golf clubs in the trunk width-wise, etc.

Even more shocking than how great a product the GLK is though was how the MB dealership treated me. I look a heck of a lot younger than I actually am, and since I wear a suit every day to work I dress down and comfortably on the weekends. Yet the MB dealership treated me by far the best and most professionally of any dealership I went to. To this day the Audi dealer still hasn't called me back...
Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
we canadians have too much ADvertising....

Old 01-04-2010, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
^^^agreed, merc dealer had best service, I think I got lucky with SA, too.

I also started seeing more Q5's...to each his own. I liked Q5, but I think it'll age fast and was more expensive with some features I didn't care about.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:25 PM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
buying my glk was the easiest car buying experience i ever had!! and i repeated that to my saleman after we were finished signing. no pressure, very professional, and respectful. they made an very reasonable/acceptable offer for my nissan xterra trade-in and never asked for money down of running a credit check, usually the 2 first things a typical salemans asked before even test driving. i think they know if your seriously interested in a MB. you can afford it. if we get my wife a new car, i will buy another benz, just because of my salesman. Leigh Bennet, at Greenway MB