GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Lighting Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK 350, Palladium, P01,Chrome inserts,running boards,Bi-Xenons,Multimedia,AMG Body&Wheels,Tow.
Lighting Question

With the auto light system turned on, when it starts to get dark does the headlights and the fog lights turn on??? or do you always have to turn the fogs on seperately??can the fogs and headlights be on together???also I read if you have your lights off and you are turning the fog light goes on the side you are turning to, so what happens if your lights are on??? Car is on the water so I am getting itchy!!! tx Dan
Old 03-08-2010, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
can always download manual

I have DRLon so lights are always one, but in Auto mode they would come on when it gets dark like on any other car.

I think you can leave light in auto with fogs on, so they would come on as well. Of course fogs and headlights can be on together.

Actually for corner illumination there is separeate light that comes on (in my case fog light stays off). It only works when lights are on, speed is bellow 15 mph, wheels are turned or blinker is on.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:24 PM

2009 CLS 550, 2010 GLK 4Matic
Fog lights can't be turned on with autolight settings. You must manually turn on the fog lights.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
You need to turn on the fog lights manually but....after they are on you can leave them that way. When you turn the car off the lights will go off and then turn on when you start the car. That means the lights are on all the time when the car is running not automatic for day night operation. You can also go into the cars set up and put on the day time running lights. I thought the running lights were going to be the parking lights but as it turns out at least in a GLK with Bi-Xenon's your BX's are on all the time so not a good idea.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
why not, once they burn out in 5-10 years you can get 6000k ones hahaha
Old 03-09-2010, 01:49 AM

2009 CLS 550, 2010 GLK 4Matic
I was referring to the poster who ask if automatic light settings can acommadate fog lights. And I still stand that the answer is NO.. But if the owner wants the fog lights on, then they cannot set it to "Automatic". Having fog lights on all the time defeats the purpose of the fog light. Specially during clear days.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
As a clarification MB refers to front fog lights and rear fog light. The front fog lights only come on when the switch is set to position 6 and pulled out to position 7. Position 8 or the 2nd pull puts on the rear fog light. When in position 7 and you turn the car off and you remove the key the lights go out and conversely go on as soon as you start the car. Not the most practical situation. On newer versions of the GLK with the AMG package the front fog lights have been replace with running lights which really cool

Last edited by MKenM; 11-20-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Banned

2010 GLK 350, Palladium, P01,Chrome inserts,running boards,Bi-Xenons,Multimedia,AMG Body&Wheels,Tow.
Thumbs up Fog Lights

Well I finally picked up my new GLK 350 today,,, car is totaly gorgeous, I have had some questions about my lower lights which are the LED's with the AMG package, if these lights would go on with trhe headlights set at "auto" and was told that you have to manually turn them on..but guess what they go on with the head lights on "Auto". Dealer was not much help because I got there very late, but I got loads of goodies for free,,becvause the Ipod connection was not installed, Back storage tray,nets (2),Body paint protection, window tint..Nobody was there to show me how to saet the door locks by remote, so I guess I have tons of reading to do...Has anyone purchased wheel locks???? and how much??? tx Dan