GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK Rear Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
GLK Rear Seat Covers

Through my extensive research on which car to buy upon my repatriation back to Canada (Calgary) this summer I came across this site. I am proud to say that yesterday I just put the deposit down on a 2010 GLK in Palladium Silver Metallica with black Artico leather. We will take delivery end of June.

My question concerns rear seat covers. As anyone with kids knows, no matter how much you emphasize the "no food in the car rule", inevitably food and mess gets in there (I blame my wife )! I have searched around but have yet to find any good suggestions on where to get / what to do for rear seat covers. In prior cars I have used things like towels and sheets but that never seemed to work great. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 AM

2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
Have some made. Go by either an upholstery shop (duh!) or look for a marine vinyl sewer.
I have had my sets redone in vinyl on my boat for what would be the equivalent of $200 for the GLK in vinyl. I'm sure that either place could use some heavy cloth seat material and provide some reasonably good covers.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Me, 2008 Hummer H2 Wife, 2010 Mercedes GLK350
We have 2 kids, (8 and 4) with the Artico seats, and I'm happy to say that these seats are very easy to clean. I use the Armour All gel and anything they get on them just wipes off. The seats look brand new after a quick wipe.
When I drive, I put the seat back, which doesn't leave my 4 year old much room. (he is still in a booster seat, so his feet touch the back of my seat) I just give the back of the seat a quick wipe and all the footprints wipe off. I wouldn't worry about seat covers, this material seems very kid friendly! I have the small package of wipes in the all the time.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:57 PM

GLK
Thanks to you both for your response. I am glad to hear that they are easy to clean so I may just put some black towels down still and leave it at that.

I forgot about the seat backs, but I have been pretty good at training my kids not to kick the back of the seats anymore. Used to be a big issue in one of our old cars, but in the recent one we have been pretty good.

Thanks again.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:36 PM

350 GLK - 4 Matic
For the rear seats I used this from Sunshine Kids in Vancouver. Has the slots for the ISOFIX / LATCH system and I have two - one for each seat. There is also one that does not go as high up the vertical of the rear seat whch is slightly cheaper.
Marvelous.
http://www.skjp.com/product/124834/1...t%26%238482%3B
Old 06-04-2010, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by thedividendguy
Through my extensive research on which car to buy upon my repatriation back to Canada (Calgary) this summer I came across this site. I am proud to say that yesterday I just put the deposit down on a 2010 GLK in Palladium Silver Metallica with black Artico leather. We will take delivery end of June.

My question concerns rear seat covers. As anyone with kids knows, no matter how much you emphasize the "no food in the car rule", inevitably food and mess gets in there (I blame my wife )! I have searched around but have yet to find any good suggestions on where to get / what to do for rear seat covers. In prior cars I have used things like towels and sheets but that never seemed to work great. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Get MBTex seats...... not leather if you have messy kids, like mine were.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:56 PM

350 GLK - 4 Matic
I got mb tex, but I wanted something of high quality that would protect the seat both from gunge and from the pressure of a kid seat being secured to it (Dents etc) The sunshine kids stuff works and works extremly well. For 30 bucks you can't go wrong.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:33 AM

GLK
Thanks everyone. I also asked my sales guy about it, and he actually said that seat covers were not recommended. I did get the MB-TEX (called ARTICO up in Canada) so it sounds like I can easily wipe it down. However, the car seat grinding into the seats can be a problem so I still may consider the sunshine kids.

Any validity to the "seat covers not recommended" suggestion from the dealer?
Old 06-05-2010, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
We used a heavy duty terry cloth towel placed between the kid's seat and the car seat.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:27 PM

GLK
Keep it clean

Just clean it regularley with leather cleaner and conditioner. This materials are durable. Why pay so much for a leather and coverr it with vynyl or cloth,does not make sense.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 c400 sport
The dealer does not recommend seat covers because they don't make then and can't profit from it. /bitterness