New GLK Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Palladium Silver GLK 4Matic
Smile New GLK Owner

Greetings All,

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself as the proud new owner of a 2010 GLK 4matic. This forum was instrumental in guiding our purchase decision and I'd like to extend a hearty thanks to you all for the informative posts.

Some details about my GLK:
Palladium Silver exterior
Black MB/Tex interior with Aluminum Trim
P1 package
Multimedia Package
Rear Seat Entertainment Package
Running Boards

Last edited by vangoghsear; 06-10-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Fixed photo url
Old 06-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
welcome!!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:50 PM

R350
Nice color and welcome!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:22 AM

GLK
How do like your running boards? I think this only good for looks. Its on your way getting in and out of the GLK its a bother some to me.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Me, 2008 Hummer H2 Wife, 2010 Mercedes GLK350
Welcome to the forum! That colour was our first choice, but we got a great deal on the Iridium Silver and it has grown on us.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
c-o-n-g-r-a-t-u-l-a-t-i-o-n-s & welcome to the GLK family!

Old 06-11-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by QSHIP
How do like your running boards? I think this only good for looks. Its on your way getting in and out of the GLK its a bother some to me.
We opted for the running boards more for appearance than function. I understand the common complaint of them being too narrow to be of much use. Thus far I haven't banged by shins on them. I LOVE the way they look especially with the Palladium Silver. Our first color choice was Black. But then the dealer showed us a showroom model of the Palladium and we fell in love with it. It wasn't a color listed in the brochure we had.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

2010 GLK 350, Palladium, P01,Chrome inserts,running boards,Bi-Xenons,Multimedia,AMG Body&Wheels,Tow.
Welcome Aboard!

I also got the Palladium Silver and the running boards...looks great...also when a small car opens their doors next to you it hits the boards first..instead of the cars body..PS,get yourself some Aluminum AMG pedals..looks great...!!!enjoy enjoy
Old 06-11-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by GEMINIDAN
I also got the Palladium Silver and the running boards...looks great...also when a small car opens their doors next to you it hits the boards first..instead of the cars body..PS,get yourself some Aluminum AMG pedals..looks great...!!!enjoy enjoy
Great point about the running boards protecting against door dings. I didn't even think of that. I was thinking about picking up a set of the AMG pedals. Are they easy to install or is this something I should trust to the dealer?

Also there seems to be a LOT of confusion regarding ipod/iPhone integration in the GLK. I purchased my GLK with the P1 and MultiMedia packages. The only port I have in the Glove box is the aux port. Sure I can plug my phone into that and listen to tunes, but there's no ipod/iphone control. Bummer! Just got off the phone with the parts department who assure me that I only need a $79 cable which they've ordered for me.

I combed the forums here and now I'm thoroughly confused. I have no ports in the glovebox except for the aux port. The dealer tells me that this is self install, but every photo I've seen shows the ipod/iphone cable leading out of the left side of the glove box. I've got no ports or cutouts there. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I just want my iPhone to plug in, charge and be controlled through the Comand system. I had no idea it would be this difficult.