GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

iPhone contacts won't load

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Ah; got it.

So you paired your laptop with the car via Bluetooth and downloaded the contacts directly; very clever!

My wife's contacts are all on her desktop so that won't work for us.

We have a few other things that need dealer attention so I'll see if they can help.

[Edit] Oh no, the dreaded Second Page!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mazda 5, GLK350
Originally Posted by rmfnla
Ah; got it.

So you paired your laptop with the car via Bluetooth and downloaded the contacts directly; very clever!

My wife's contacts are all on her desktop so that won't work for us.

We have a few other things that need dealer attention so I'll see if they can help.

[Edit] Oh no, the dreaded Second Page!
if your wife's desktop is close enough to the car, you could try using a bluetooth dongle on it to try and pair it and beam it over, you could also just export contacts on her desktop to a .vcf file then put it on any machine with bluetooth and beam the file over when the Audio 20 is in contact recieving mode. In reality anything works as long as its able to push files over bluetooth and you're able to put the .vcf file onto it.
If you are going to the dealership, you probably should export the contacts to .vcf and put it on an usb thumbdrive and tell the guys at dealership to push the file over if they have any laptops with bluetooth =p
I dont believe theres any limits on # of contacts in the .vcf, the system itself will be able to tell how many contacts are in the file.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Hmmm, this all makes sense.

I'll give it some thought and see if I can come up with something.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glk
Finally I did it! Forget about iPhone and vcards issue - I used my old Motorola Razor phone: synced it with my iMac contacts via bluetooth. Paired it with my GLK and send contacts to MB phone system one-by-one. It works! The only question: why such a technologically advanced firm like MB could not at-least come up with a clear workaround solution for thousands of frustrated customers?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mazda 5, GLK350
Originally Posted by broddesign
Finally I did it! Forget about iPhone and vcards issue - I used my old Motorola Razor phone: synced it with my iMac contacts via bluetooth. Paired it with my GLK and send contacts to MB phone system one-by-one. It works! The only question: why such a technologically advanced firm like MB could not at-least come up with a clear workaround solution for thousands of frustrated customers?
Apple not releasing the functionality on iOS for bluetooth beaming. iPhone integration from the UMI works with contacts cuz Mercedes paid licensing fee to Apple to use their APIs and such for the phone.
Theres no workaround if Apple blocks all paths =p
Old 11-09-2010, 12:42 PM

glk
I was talking about workaround Apple. :-) and complaining about MB refusing to give a customers solution how to get contacts from iPhone to MB car without actually dealing with an iPhone!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 PM

230.6, 280s, 300sd, 190 2.3, 190 sport 2.6, 560 sel, ml320, glk350
iphone contact transfer using bluetooth from macbook

Here is my post from another forum that some might find useful, rather than buying a lot of extra pcmcia cards, etc.

iphone address book sync
Hi,

I am new here having just got my glk today from germany (manufactured without a lot of extras I did not want). Anyway, I transferred my address book from my macbook (which is synced to my iphone and so is de facto the phone contact info) by getting the glk to recognize my macbook (like another bluetooth phone) and then connecting to the glk thru bluetooth on my macbook and exporting the vcard address book folder. Was very quick once I got things set up the right way.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:45 PM

2018 GLC 300
Importing iPhone contacts

Another quick and easy way is to use a Compact Flash adapter. I had a 2008 C300 and now have a 2011 GLK both with Navigation and used a CF adapter to import the contact. From my Mac, just export your address book contact in a VCF format v2.0. Drag them into the CF card along with any music you want.
I bought the adapter from eBay.

Then import the contacts from the MB Command interface.
Attached Thumbnails iPhone contacts won't load-cf-card.jpg  
Old 05-01-2011, 05:35 PM

GLK 350
The Media Interface Plus kit allows the contacts to be synced (sent as business cards) via bluetooth. No idea why they didn't have this functionality native and have to buy an accessory, but it works.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Originally Posted by gegori
Another quick and easy way is to use a Compact Flash adapter. I had a 2008 C300 and now have a 2011 GLK both with Navigation and used a CF adapter to import the contact. From my Mac, just export your address book contact in a VCF format v2.0. Drag them into the CF card along with any music you want.
I bought the adapter from eBay.

Then import the contacts from the MB Command interface.
Are you saying that you can import music onto your hard drive in the COMAND system or does the music remain on the CF?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 PM

2018 GLC 300
CF Card

The music stays on the CF card. I believe the COMMAND system can only import music from an audio CD and it gives you 4GB of space.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Originally Posted by gegori
The music stays on the CF card. I believe the COMMAND system can only import music from an audio CD and it gives you 4GB of space.
Just thought it might have been something different, the HD is 6 GB but I wish I could load music from something other than a CD.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:20 PM

2018 GLC 300
Yes and also my previous C300 had the HK 5.1 system and it sounded a heck of a lot better than the standard system. You really have to crank up the treble on my GLK compared to my C300 to get decent sound. Next time I'm not going to compromise and will get all the options I want. Only if MB didn't make it so hard to find a GLK with the right options that I wanted.