GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Delivery time between Port and Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Delivery time between Port and Dealer

Hi, my GLK landed on 11/29/2011 at Halifax Canada, its almost 3 weeks now and the dealer said they don't know why the car still in Halifax. Is it possible the car was damage somehow and waiting for repair ? or shipped to other dealer ? and they don't want to tell us any of these problems ?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:38 PM

2014 CLA 45 AMG; 2012 GLK 350 4MATIC (totaled); 2009 VW GTI (sold)
Originally Posted by CMB4ME
Hi, my GLK landed on 11/29/2011 at Halifax Canada, its almost 3 weeks now and the dealer said they don't know why the car still in Halifax. Is it possible the car was damage somehow and waiting for repair ? or shipped to other dealer ? and they don't want to tell us any of these problems ?
My GLK landed the same day in Halifax! Small world! My dealer just phoned today and my GLK has arrived in Calgary! Apparantly there are delays with the rail lines shipping vehicles cross country..be patient, it is coming!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:43 PM

NA
Originally Posted by jonnyrt
My GLK landed the same day in Halifax! Small world! My dealer just phoned today and my GLK has arrived in Calgary! Apparantly there are delays with the rail lines shipping vehicles cross country..be patient, it is coming!
But I'm in Toronto, train should stop here first from Halifax ?? and they said they will truck it to Toronto once its release..... something is not right !!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:45 PM

But I'm in Toronto, train should stop here first from Halifax ?? and they said they will truck it to Toronto once its release..... something is not right !!
That is strange for sure...might want to ask the dealer for an honest answer...my GLK was held up somewhere in Saskatchewan for a week with CN Rail union issues....
Old 12-19-2011, 04:52 PM

NA
That is strange for sure...might want to ask the dealer for an honest answer...my GLK was held up somewhere in Saskatchewan for a week with CN Rail union issues....
If it was damage and they are repairing it, are they not require to let me know the car been damage and what are the damages ?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:57 PM

That is a good question, you would think these vehicles would have some sort of corporate insurance whereby any claims put against them for repairs before possession would be stated on the VIN history report....
Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 PM

NA
That is a good question, you would think these vehicles would have some sort of corporate insurance whereby any claims put against them for repairs before possession would be stated on the VIN history report....
Thats what I'm thinking, but where to lookup the VIN history report?
Any chance that you know what date they put your GLK on the train ?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:08 PM

Thats what I'm thinking, but where to lookup the VIN history report?
Any chance that you know what date they put your GLK on the train ?
Regarding the VIN, you could try CarFax or CarProof online. Altneratively, request from your dealer before you accept possession showing a clear title....

I do not know the exact date my GLK was put on the train. Problem is only the dealer has a password to access the CN Rail tracking system online. I have been told it can take anywhere between 1-3 weeks for these German built automobiles to clear customs, maybe your unit got held up?
Old 12-19-2011, 08:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
His 2019 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Her's 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Mine BMW R1200R
If it was damage and they are repairing it, are they not require to let me know the car been damage and what are the damages ?
Now you are getting into definitions of "Perfect Tender" and "Material Damage"
You will find that if the damage was minimal, (scratch, scrape, broken trim) they can fix and don't have to disclose, just so long as it's perfect on delivery to you.
It falling off the tow truck would be an example of "Material Damage" though, and then other issues come up.
Search Uniform Commercial Code 2-508.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 PM

NA
Hey, small world indeed, looking at your GLK spec, we ordered the same !! What is your VIN # ?? Maybe you got my GLK........hehe.....
Old 12-20-2011, 11:44 AM

Hey, small world indeed, looking at your GLK spec, we ordered the same !! What is your VIN # ?? Maybe you got my GLK........hehe.....
It pays to be aggressive! Nah, just kidding, the dealer gave me a VIN printout of all vehicles destined for Halifax a month ago, my GLK was the only unit on that list with Paint code 755 (tenorite grey) with the options I ordered, plus it had my name assigned to it, are you sure you ordered tenorite grey? There are a lot of Palladium Silver (middle grey) code 775 on this list?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:08 PM

NA
It pays to be aggressive! Nah, just kidding, the dealer gave me a VIN printout of all vehicles destined for Halifax a month ago, my GLK was the only unit on that list with Paint code 755 (tenorite grey) with the options I ordered, plus it had my name assigned to it, are you sure you ordered tenorite grey? There are a lot of Palladium Silver (middle grey) code 775 on this list?
Oh....Really !!! now I'm worry , just checked the order (Ext Colour755)
What is your VIN #, maybe they mix-up the order !!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:23 PM

NA
Waiting for the truck to come now ....