GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Did I dream this? Or am I on serious drugs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Cool Did I dream this? Or am I on serious drugs?

I would swear that I read somewhere on this site, in one of the various forums, on more than one occasion, that we are entitled to a complimentary alignment check and tire rotation at 5,000 miles. Granted there is no mention of this anywhere in the documentation provided with the vehichle nor has the dealer nor MBUSA mentioned it.
Did I make it up? What say ye?

Wayne
Old 01-28-2012, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
You are not dreaming that.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:53 PM

2017 GLE 350 W4, 2016 C 300, 2012 E 350 W4 Lux, 2006 ML 350
Yes you are invited to bring the car in I think before the 10K mark for a tire rotation and to ask any questions and get whatever needs adjustement on a complimentary basis. This is also meant to familiarize yourself with the car and ask about how things work. etc.

I try to avoid going in to the service department unless it's absolutely necessary. I tend to trust the people that build these cars alot more than the local mechanics and dealerships. I've had some not so nice experience, but that's just me. You weren't dreaming.

5k is a good time to go for the tire rotation as it's also half way before your first A service as well. Good Luck
Old 01-29-2012, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Fair enough. Is this something that is condoned and supported by MBUSA? Or is it up to my local dealer? We stopped in yesterday for a car wash. 4,200 miles on the odometer. I asked about the 5,000 mile complimentary tire rotation. "No way. We charge for the tire rotation." Hence my questions here.
Thanks for the help. I will survey the Houston dealers.

Wayne
Old 01-29-2012, 09:24 AM

2010 GLK 4Matic Steel Gray
I don't know if its MBUSA or my dealer but I got a postcard in the mail about my complimentary 5k tire rotation.

27k and going strong...
Old 01-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 VW GTI.S4; 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige
Originally Posted by venchka
Fair enough. Is this something that is condoned and supported by MBUSA? Or is it up to my local dealer? We stopped in yesterday for a car wash. 4,200 miles on the odometer. I asked about the 5,000 mile complimentary tire rotation. "No way. We charge for the tire rotation." Hence my questions here.
Thanks for the help. I will survey the Houston dealers.

Wayne
I'm traveling right now but I recall seeing the 10k alignment check in the maitnenance or warranty supplemental MBUSA booklets.
Will look for it when I get home if you don't find it first.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thankls everyone. Information is power.

Wayne
Old 01-29-2012, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
Yes, it is written in the owner's manual.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gsrjc
Yes, it is written in the owner's manual.
Owner's or maintenance manual? Do you have page number and model year? Thank you for your help.

Wayne
Old 01-29-2012, 10:07 PM

Thankls everyone. Information is power.

Wayne
Here you go - in the warranty booklet not the manual:
http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...on_booklet.pdf

Page 11 - first 12K miles everything except no rotation mentioned.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
His 2019 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Her's 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Mine BMW R1200R
I got the free tire rotation and Q/A session at 5000 miles with my ML back in 07. Really sure it was written in the service booklet?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by dgiturbo
I got the free tire rotation and Q/A session at 5000 miles with my ML back in 07. Really sure it was written in the service booklet?
Here is the 2011 Service Maintenance booklet:
http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...nce_Manual.pdf
We're not that lucky.

Not mentioned like yours in 2007 on page 55:
http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA..._r_non_amg.pdf
Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for all of your help.

Rotation is definitely suggested. Looks like who pays is at the option of the dealer. My bad luck!

I also got a rude awakening. My dealer has a two tier pricing for Service A. Bad & worse. $280 for the required oil & oil filter change plus the minimum visual inspections. An additional $200 and change for the "recommended" full treatment. Whatever that means. I'll cross that bridge when we get there. In the meantime, I will get quotes here in Houston.

Wayne
Old 01-30-2012, 10:58 AM

Rotation is definitely suggested. Looks like who pays is at the option of the dealer. My bad luck!

I also got a rude awakening. My dealer has a two tier pricing for Service A. Bad & worse. $280 for the required oil & oil filter change plus the minimum visual inspections. An additional $200 and change for the "recommended" full treatment. Whatever that means. I'll cross that bridge when we get there. In the meantime, I will get quotes here in Houston.

Wayne

Yeah _ I think I am out of luck on the free 1st rotation also.

Guess I'll just take it to a local shop here where I service my daily driver & get the unlimited lifetime & balance rotation for $50. Tell them to be extra careful with the wheels but also knowing I had dropped $700 for the tire & wheel coverage when we purchase the GLK.

btw - I did my first DIY oil change on the GLK this past weekend.
What a piece of cake. Used my trusty MityVac 7201 & the dipstick extraction with the tight rubber seal.
Less hassle than my Mazda daily driver by a factor of 100 because of the the MityVac & the topside oil filter.
The original factory fill that came out - thank goodness - wasn't over the manual's recommendation.

Last edited by MBNA109; 01-30-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by MBNA109
Here you go - in the warranty booklet not the manual:
http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...on_booklet.pdf

Page 11 - first 12K miles everything except no rotation mentioned.
Updating my own post here:

Went in Tuesday to get front license plate put on - begrudgingly.
Also told service writer that car exhibited some pulling to the right hand side in all lanes.

He said imy car's alignment wasn't covered because it was at 6700 miles & it's only adjusted in the first 5k miles. But he will do a courtesy rotation since that was covered.

Initially wasn't quick enough to pull the above link up on my phone to show him page 11.

But after sitting in the waiting area, I was able to down load a copy of the warranty booklet to my Android.

Didn't show him though.
Just didn't feel like making him look bad on 1st visit & he was unknowingly giving me a free tire rotation & putting on plates for free.

But maybe next month....LOL!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:34 AM

GLK350
Here's the documentation

It seems that nobody has provided this exact wording.......

Recommended Maintenance for Model Year 2009 and newer

In addition to regular required maintenance, recommended service work is intended to provide you with the flexibility to choose the additional maintenance work performed on your vehicle, based on its needs or recommendations from your authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer.

Beyond any specific recommendations you receive from your Mercedes-Benz technician, you should check the following items regularly and prior to any long trip:

Engine oil level
Coolant level
Brake system fluid level (If brake fluid needs to be added, see an authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer to determine the cause.)
Windshield washing system (Add washer fluid mixed with Mercedes-Benz windshield washer solvent/concentrate, test function, and check wiper blades.)
Tire pressure (Check at least every other week.)

If applicable to your vehicle's configuration, tire rotation should be performed in accordance with the recommended intervals, or sooner at the first signs of irregular (uneven) tread wear. A tire inspection will help determine the need for a tire rotation which may occur at least once between regular Mercedes-Benz maintenance intervals. Check with your authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealership for specific recommendations.

The first rotation inspection occurring at an authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealership at any time up to 5,000 miles is provided at no charge.*

The required maintenance intervals have been determined based on normal operating conditions. Any severe operating conditions may call for more frequent replacement of items such as interior filters, spark plugs, coolant, tires, etc. Checking these items regularly and bringing your vehicle in for service appointments earlier than required, if necessary, will help keep your Mercedes-Benz in top condition.

* In accordance with or as otherwise recommended by your tire manufacturer's instructions. Rotation applies only to vehicles without staggered-width tires. Vehicles with staggered-width tires require inspection instead of rotation. Tires should be rotated/inspected at least once between each service visit. See your Service Manager for details regarding your vehicle's tires.

Your Mercedes-Benz Maintenance Booklet specifies exactly what services your Mercedes-Benz technician will perform at each routine service visit.

It is online under Maintenance .... Here is the link....

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servi...ntenance#s_iew
Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by bhinton
It seems that nobody has provided this exact wording.......

Recommended Maintenance for Model Year 2009 and newer

In addition to regular required maintenance, recommended service work is intended to provide you with the flexibility to choose the additional maintenance work performed on your vehicle, based on its needs or recommendations from your authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer.

Beyond any specific recommendations you receive from your Mercedes-Benz technician, you should check the following items regularly and prior to any long trip:

Engine oil level
Coolant level
Brake system fluid level (If brake fluid needs to be added, see an authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer to determine the cause.)
Windshield washing system (Add washer fluid mixed with Mercedes-Benz windshield washer solvent/concentrate, test function, and check wiper blades.)
Tire pressure (Check at least every other week.)

If applicable to your vehicle's configuration, tire rotation should be performed in accordance with the recommended intervals, or sooner at the first signs of irregular (uneven) tread wear. A tire inspection will help determine the need for a tire rotation which may occur at least once between regular Mercedes-Benz maintenance intervals. Check with your authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealership for specific recommendations.

The first rotation inspection occurring at an authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealership at any time up to 5,000 miles is provided at no charge.*

The required maintenance intervals have been determined based on normal operating conditions. Any severe operating conditions may call for more frequent replacement of items such as interior filters, spark plugs, coolant, tires, etc. Checking these items regularly and bringing your vehicle in for service appointments earlier than required, if necessary, will help keep your Mercedes-Benz in top condition.

* In accordance with or as otherwise recommended by your tire manufacturer's instructions. Rotation applies only to vehicles without staggered-width tires. Vehicles with staggered-width tires require inspection instead of rotation. Tires should be rotated/inspected at least once between each service visit. See your Service Manager for details regarding your vehicle's tires.

Your Mercedes-Benz Maintenance Booklet specifies exactly what services your Mercedes-Benz technician will perform at each routine service visit.

It is online under Maintenance .... Here is the link....

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servi...ntenance#s_iew

Very good catch - so it seems the Warranty book != the web site verbiage.
However, the key word is "inspection" -not actual rotation.

Because the 5K no-charge rotation is NOT in the warranty booklet
Old 09-18-2012, 04:24 PM

GLK350
Confirmation

I went to my dealer and asked the service manager point blank...."Does Mercedes or you guys offer a courtesy rotation at 5k?" The reply...."yes." So thats my contribution to this topic.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!

Wayne
That's what you get for buying a MB in Texas instead of an F-150...