GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Ride and handling of GLK vs C Sedan ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2012 | 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by venchka
Very good. "Next year"? Model year? Calendar year? These things are always cloaked in mystery.
The big question: Where will the AdBlue tank go? In the spare well a la E-Class sedans thereby removing the spare tire and forcing the dreaded run flat tires on an unwilling public? Or in a properly designed location outside the spare well thus preserving the spare tire? Inquiring minds want to know.

Wayne
My bet is on the run-flats.... yuck!
Old 05-15-2012 | 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Cool

Originally Posted by MBRedux
My bet is on the run-flats.... yuck!
Treble YUCK!

They have only had 3 years to figure out a proper solution. They didn't do it for the flagship E-Class BlueTec. I reckon the baby SUV won't be any different. The added cost of run flat tires will negate any gains with the diesel engine. The general buying public won't get it. I get it.

Much ado about nothing. Neither of the two new engines appeal to me. I'm content with what we have.

Wayne
Old 05-15-2012 | 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by venchka
Treble YUCK!

They have only had 3 years to figure out a proper solution. They didn't do it for the flagship E-Class BlueTec. I reckon the baby SUV won't be any different. The added cost of run flat tires will negate any gains with the diesel engine. The general buying public won't get it. I get it.

Much ado about nothing. Neither of the two new engines appeal to me. I'm content with what we have.

Wayne

+1