GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Mufflers/Exhaust/Chips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glk350
Mufflers/Exhaust/Chips

I'm thinking about having new mufflers installed on my GLK 350 and want something a little more "Throaty" without being obnoxious. I saw one set on Youtube, can't remember the name but they sounded pretty loud. Any suggestions out there? Also was wondering if anyone has installed a chip. Gforce makes some pretty high claims about MPG and Horsepower. Thank You, Jerry in Calif

Last edited by JerryKP; 07-09-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: model of auto
Old 07-10-2012, 07:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
No offense but it is a luxury SUV not a ricer. As far as the chip goes is your warranty up? If not and you put the chip in it will be gone then.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:30 AM

2015 VW GTI.S4; 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige
I don't know what century you are from but your jerk buddy owns a tuner shop that is NISMO oriented & the ///M & AMG departments of the 2 big German brands are all considered 'tuners' which in & of itself are mechanical, aero & CPU related.

& most don't consider that ricing things up.
So if you step off your very limited notions & go to the other boards of this forum, you'd see modifications are done for more than aesthetics.

ps - I've seen just as many people around the net consider the GLK - NOT Luxury.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by MBNA109
I don't know what century you are from but your jerk buddy owns a tuner shop that is NISMO oriented & the ///M & AMG departments of the 2 big German brands are all considered 'tuners' which in & of itself are mechanical, aero & CPU related.

So if you step off your very limited notions & go to the other boards of this forum, you'd see modifications are done for more than aesthetics.

ps - I've seen just as many people around the net consider the GLK - NOT Luxury.

That's a little harsh, and certainly uncalled for.

Having a bad day..?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:37 PM

No -I just don't get people who get off commenting about what others do to their vehicles with a certain myopic judgmental their size fit all tone.
Are we North Korean?

Last edited by MBNA109; 07-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
No -I just don't get people who get-off commenting about what others do to their vehicles.
Are we North Korean?
Yes, there are many here from Korea, China, even Vietnam, not just the USA. It appears that you rather continue to insult others from these nations and even those from the USA rather than contribute anything to the forum. I find most Virginians to be rather vulgar lately.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by MBRedux
Yes, there are many here from Korea, China, even Vietnam, not just the USA. It appears that you rather continue to insult others from these nations and even those from the USA rather than contribute anything to the forum. I find most Virginians to be rather vulgar lately.

Guess it takes one to know one.
Please tell me when I became a xenophobe cause apparently you make it up as much as your holier than thou - I own a NISMO 'ricer' shop ergo I know all mandates around here.

& on top of failing to get the analogy to North Korea & 'one-ness' thought control - it just reinforces my belief that you are well - your royal nothing-ness.

Last edited by Rock; 07-10-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: language
Old 07-10-2012, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Please tell me when I became a xenophobe cause apparently you make it up as much as your holier than thou - I own a NISMO 'ricer' shop ergo I know all mandates around here.

& on top of failing to get the analogy to North Korea & 'one-ness' thought control - it just reinforces my belief that you are well - your royal nothing-ness.
The 2 major differences between you and me is that I know how and when to apologize... and the other... I can blow your doors off and leave you in the dust.... even with all the electronics turned off and a 5 second head start.... guaranteed! BTW.. There was no need to be rude to MKenM and rmfnla, and then expressing your immaturity by mentioning me in your #3 post above for no reason. I wasn't even a part of this discussion until you made it so.

Last edited by MBRedux; 07-10-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: language
Old 07-10-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by MBRedux
The major 2 differences between you and me, is that I know when and how to apologize and the other... I can still blow your doors off and leave you in the dust.... guaranteed!
Wow - you mean with your entirely electronically aided GTR?

When does the real skills come out - or lack there-off.
When you can handle karusselle @ SP or even a novice track day @ VIR in a miata, I'll believe it.

Grow up. You bragging using a car that had more electronic help is borderline video PS3.

Seriously - there is a lot different between me & you.
But being humble & modest isn't your strong point.

Quantifying it further for you would make you cry.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JerryKP
I'm thinking about having new mufflers installed on my GLK 350 and want something a little more "Throaty" without being obnoxious. I saw one set on Youtube, can't remember the name but they sounded pretty loud. Any suggestions out there? Also was wondering if anyone has installed a chip. Gforce makes some pretty high claims about MPG and Horsepower. Thank You, Jerry in Calif
This set up sounds and looks better live than it does in this video.

2008 Mercedes Benz c350 w204 Meisterschaft Race GT Exhaust Flowmaster X-Pipe (also made for the GLK 3.5L)

Chipping is whole another ball-game, and owner specific. We use these guys for certain clients.
http://www.powerchipgroup.com/choice...hipgroup%2Ecom

Good luck!

Last edited by MBRedux; 07-10-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow - you mean with your entirely electronically aided GTR?

When does the real skills come out - or lack there-off.
When you can handle karusselle @ SP or even a novice track day @ VIR in a miata, I'll believe it.

Grow up. You bragging using a car that had more electronic help is borderline video PS3.

Seriously - there is a lot different between me & you.
But being humble & modest isn't your strong point.

Quantifying it further for you would make you cry.

Last edited by MBRedux; 07-10-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 PM

Nice GTR...^^^pops

Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Old 07-10-2012, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nice GTR...^^^pops
In your dreams baby, in your dreams!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 PM

2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport

Let me start by saying

As you have done in the past you get carried away with yourself. Jerry asked a question I gave him my opinion. If you don't like you are entitled to yours but to start up the way you do just proves that you are a feeble minded idiot who has no sense of decency.

If you think for one moment that a chipped GLK brought into a MB dealer with a warranty issue affected by that mod will be overlooked and taken care of at no charge you are that idiot.

When MB turns a vehicle over to AMG to modify it and put the AMG badge on it, it is done with MB's blessing. They are not some third party shop. Is there anyone else out there that will warranty a chip mod? And don't tell me Brabus.

I am very familiar with mods and owners are free to do as they please. Sorry that I was pointing out the obvious to Jerry. Still JMO.

As far as the exhaust is concerned I still think if he makes the mod it will sound like a "Ricer". Although the connotation may make it sound like I am making reference to an Asian brand car that is not the case. It refers to any car that sound like it is far$ing. The fact that the aftermarket folks cater to the Asian brands is not my doing. Although an idiot might think so.

And yes MBRedux is a friend but you wouldn't know what that is. Is there something wrong with a NISMO. I shouldn't ask a banker about cars he only knows how to rip people off with their exorbitant rates.

Next time stick to the thread rather than being an idiot. Did I say idiot.

I am truly sorry I did not mean to call you an IDIOT!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by MKenM
Let me start by saying

As you have done in the past you get carried away with yourself. Jerry asked a question I gave him my opinion. If you don't like you are entitled to yours but to start up the way you do just proves that you are a feeble minded idiot who has no sense of decency.

If you think for one moment that a chipped GLK brought into a MB dealer with a warranty issue affected by that mod will be overlooked and taken care of at no charge you are that idiot.

When MB turns a vehicle over to AMG to modify it and put the AMG badge on it, it is done with MB's blessing. They are not some third party shop. Is there anyone else out there that will warranty a chip mod? And don't tell me Brabus.

I am very familiar with mods and owners are free to do as they please. Sorry that I was pointing out the obvious to Jerry. Still JMO.

As far as the exhaust is concerned I still think if he makes the mod it will sound like a "Ricer". Although the connotation may make it sound like I am making reference to an Asian brand car that is not the case. It refers to any car that sound like it is far$ing. The fact that the aftermarket folks cater to the Asian brands is not my doing. Although an idiot might think so.

And yes MBRedux is a friend but you wouldn't know what that is. Is there something wrong with a NISMO. I shouldn't ask a banker about cars he only knows how to rip people off with their exorbitant rates.

Next time stick to the thread rather than being an idiot. Did I say idiot.

I am truly sorry I did not mean to call you an IDIOT!
Hey if the circle jerking makes you feel better go for it.

I'm not the xenophobe like you bringing out the 20th century colloquialism.
Nor did I take your tone as anything but an a-hole with a mouth.
tell me where you say 'IMO' in post #2 penny?

Yet again the net brings out all the ole toughies...ooops did I mentioned you are past your expiration date & you drive a cute-ute penny just like the rest of us mortals.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I see you have decided to clean up all your vulgar posts. It doesn't matter you know. The mods can see the original. You have selfishly hijacked and ruined JerryKP's thread. I hope he understands that this is not what he should expect from MBWorld and that pests like you are not common place. You have been reported.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GL450, '06 R500 traded, '08 ML350 sold
Talk about déjà vu!!! Same players, different target!

Last edited by aggst1; 07-11-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 AM

I've done the same. Your crudeness is not acceptable here.