GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Aftermarket Radio with iPod interface anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 11:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Aftermarket Radio with iPod interface anyone?

So im on a journey to better the stock radio on my 2010 GLK350...this model is one very rare bird to modify it seems...after doing some quick glanceing around the ol' internet, I find a company called smartaudio24...they offer a kind of decent looking interface...with touch screen and such...

anybody ever heard of them? experiences? do you guys recommend a good alternative...basically looking for a nice ipod interface really...thats blue tooth ready to pair up the phone...the DVD/NAV option would just be an added bonus really.

heres the link to the website I found....
http://www.smartauto24.com/mercedes-...igation-system
Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
I think this route is much better IMHO.
https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...se-camera.html
Old 04-22-2014, 10:53 PM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
I just came back to this topic because I'm getting tired of satellite radio and my iPod is not that easy to get around on the steering wheel controls...

I found this recently, wanted to know if anyone has experiences with this kind of product?

heres a link to the seller (which I have no affiliations with) just to read the features...I especially like the option to install a rear view camera and the bluetooth option (for easy pandora streaming)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201069274685?lpid=82
Old 04-23-2014, 03:53 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 ML350 Bluetec
I was conversing with Sinoit and others, 1 year ago. Ask them what you do with your old screen??? If memory serves me(and it's bad! LOL!) it has to be mounted in the center 'ash tray'!!! Apparently, you must keep the old setup running for other things, much like a 'keep alive' unit to power switches, etc. Hey, maybe things have changed!!!
I've just completed a DYI reverse camera setup with a 7" screen, that I molded into the driver's visor(the drivers' visor mirror is now removed). Works very well, just lazy about posting it all. My Ipod is MB's garbage in the Glove box. The closest I could get to Nav was to opt for 'Nav +4, but decided my 5" Garmin with 'removable' vent mounts would suffice for when I need it. Apparently most any GPS unit is miles ahead of MB's units, although Nav+4 at least had traffic. At least Sinoit was honest... some of the others....
Old 04-23-2014, 10:41 PM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Koenig1
I was conversing with Sinoit and others, 1 year ago. Ask them what you do with your old screen??? If memory serves me(and it's bad! LOL!) it has to be mounted in the center 'ash tray'!!! Apparently, you must keep the old setup running for other things, much like a 'keep alive' unit to power switches, etc. Hey, maybe things have changed!!!
I've just completed a DYI reverse camera setup with a 7" screen, that I molded into the driver's visor(the drivers' visor mirror is now removed). Works very well, just lazy about posting it all. My Ipod is MB's garbage in the Glove box. The closest I could get to Nav was to opt for 'Nav +4, but decided my 5" Garmin with 'removable' vent mounts would suffice for when I need it. Apparently most any GPS unit is miles ahead of MB's units, although Nav+4 at least had traffic. At least Sinoit was honest... some of the others....
I agree, what mercedes lacks in the media department it overcomes everywhere else...I remember having to relocate the screen somewhere...but these screens are actually plug and play items and just hook onto the original radio...well, at least thats what they claim...I don't know of any one who has actually done it with these new recent units. its better priced than the ones before, but still a little up there to be experimenting with.

I just wish there was a way that as soon as the car senses your bluetooth phone it can stream your iPhones internet radio apps and everything else audio related through bluetooth...I rented a ford focus a few months back with that option...jeez

I did buy a bluetooth adapter for the aux jack in the glove compartment off of ebay for less than $20 and it worked great but, the device has to be charged, and if you have it charging while using it, you get feedback hum noise...and once you have anything plugged into the aux jack, you basically bypass any control to your iPod, so its always a juggling game...and not so easy to do from the drivers seat.
and it doesn't always recognize the phone...sometimes you have to go into the phone, click on bluetooth options and manually select the device you want to pair with...all in all a real pain in the ***
Old 12-09-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK 350
sorry to revive old thread but I dont want to start new thread about aftermarket radio....so I was wondering if anybody have finaly bought one of those aftermarket radio. I am in the same situation I doesnt have the tech pakage so no iPod or nav in my 2010 glk and would like to listen to my mp3 music.

I also found this one seem great, can even put rear view camera

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...380311742.html
Old 12-09-2015, 02:25 PM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Elmecano
sorry to revive old thread but I dont want to start new thread about aftermarket radio....so I was wondering if anybody have finaly bought one of those aftermarket radio. I am in the same situation I doesnt have the tech pakage so no iPod or nav in my 2010 glk and would like to listen to my mp3 music.

I also found this one seem great, can even put rear view camera

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...380311742.html

I never bought the stereo...thought it was just too pricy to play mp3s from...so I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJFGE0K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJFGE0K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

ended up working great...but then there was a humming noise in the back ground the whole time and was very annoying...so i bought an in line noise cancelation box for around $15 and everything works like a charm! everything is kept in the glove compartment...ill take pics later.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK 350
Originally Posted by erlomd
I never bought the stereo...thought it was just too pricy to play mp3s from...so I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

ended up working great...but then there was a humming noise in the back ground the whole time and was very annoying...so i bought an in line noise cancelation box for around $15 and everything works like a charm! everything is kept in the glove compartment...ill take pics later.
seem to be a great option but I did not have any MIC plug on my radio to connect that, and I did not have the OEM optional kit in the glove box