Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Defender 90/360 Modena/2012 MLBTC on order
roommate traded a white 2011 for black 2013 AMG package. Looks great
Old 12-26-2012, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BudC
I had a red GLK loaner for a week and kinda liked it. However, before I ordered my new 2013 GLK, I checked the colors dealers stock in the Phoenix area and Polar White is stocked 5 or 6 times more frequently than red. I figure it might be harder to sell a red car vs. the white.

I would order Diamond White on an E or S but not on a GLK. I'd put the money into something else such as leather.
I actually really like the Mb tex and also do not like the piping on the MY 13 leather seats. This vehicle will be with me for awhile, so i plan to get all my options and cost for color isnt an issue for me. Thats why im back to leaning towards Diamond White. Although i agree with some posts that state black is very sharp on the new 13 amg pkg.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG GTC Roadster, 2017 GLS450
Luzonite Metallic
Rare and classy...especially with beige interior with burl walnut
Attached Thumbnails Best color for GLK?-image.jpg  
Old 12-27-2012, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tugz2012
Luzonite Metallic
Rare and classy...especially with beige interior with burl walnut
I would appreciate seeing larger photos. I really like Luzonit but never have seen it in person. Is it a beige grey? Quite metallic and full of depth? Thanks!!

Last edited by Tasha Bighead; 12-29-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Originally Posted by Tasha Bighead
Are you able to send me any ext and int pics directly to my email of bdn(at)mts.net

I would appreciate seeing larger photos. I really like Luzonit but never have seen it in person. Is it a beige grey? Quite metallic and full of depth? Thanks!!
Yes, the metallic paints are differentiated by the "metallic" in the name as well as the premium on the price tag.

Metallic paints DO add depth IMO, but then again flat black has a LOT of depth too and boy is it gorgeous when new.

That said, I DON'T THINK MY SILVER IS TOO PRACTICAL AT ALL! (ALL YOU NAYSAYERS!) Just the right amount of practical and pizzazz. That is, IN MY OPINION....

I must say I tracked down a Diamond white and now am reconsidering. The pearl effect is beautiful, and really makes it a stunning white. As much as I like black, I swore after my last black vehicle never again. So I am thinking maybe bite the $1,600 bullet and go with the DW. I am planning on getting the AMG rims, and that combo really seems to work. Not surprisingly, when you search the 2013 GLK, many of the promotional pics are a Diamond White with running bds and upgraded AMG wheels. Usually they put fwd one of the better colors for the promo material.
I think you should go with the DW. The $1,600 bullet is not too bad when spread out over your payments (if you plan on using the entire term to pay back your loan). The color does not seem that common too which is an added bonus (for some). I personally love the look but I was not willing to wait as I was having one too many problems with the C. Found an iridium silver GLK at the port in Baltimore with a scheduled delivery by the end of week or sooner and never turned back.

Last edited by dcjwlee; 12-27-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by dcjwlee
Yes, the metallic paints are differentiated by the "metallic" in the name as well as the premium on the price tag.

Metallic paints DO add depth IMO, but then again flat black has a LOT of depth too and boy is it gorgeous when new.

That said, I DON'T THINK MY SILVER IS TOO PRACTICAL AT ALL! (ALL YOU NAYSAYERS!) Just the right amount of practical and pizzazz. That is, IN MY OPINION....

I think you should go with the DW. The $1,600 bullet is not too bad when spread out over your payments (if you plan on using the entire term to pay back your loan). The color does not seem that common too which is an added bonus (for some). I personally love the look but I was not willing to wait as I was having one too many problems with the C. Found an iridium silver GLK at the port in Baltimore with a scheduled delivery by the end of week or sooner and never turned back.
Yes i plan to factory order so not in a rush. I really like the black artico with structured surface alum trim. I also want the black headliner. With that interior, i think it limits somewhat the ext color. But i believe diamond white would be a good combo for it.

I have not seen artic or polar white. Does it look brighter and less "full" than diamond white? To me the diamond white reminded me of Lexus white, ie very pearlescent in nature.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:27 PM

Yes i plan to factory order so not in a rush. I really like the black artico with structured surface alum trim. I also want the black headliner. With that interior, i think it limits somewhat the ext color. But i believe diamond white would be a good combo for it.

I have not seen artic or polar white. Does it look brighter and less "full" than diamond white? To me the diamond white reminded me of Lexus white, ie very pearlescent in nature.
Yes, I was going to say that the difference is like looking at a flat white vs a pearlescent white. Very VERY much like the pearl white on many Lexus models.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
Therein lies the rub. I'd never want a car that reminds me of a Lexus.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 PM

Anyone seen or own a Lunar Blue? I wonder how that looks in person with the new AMG styling? Might be a nice alternative to black.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:57 PM

2013 Mercedes Benz GLK 350 Lunar Blue over almond mocha
Lunar Blue

My GLK is Lunar Blue with the Almond/Mocha interior. Lunar Blue is a dark metallic navy. It is very beautiful, especially in bright sun where the blue can really come out. I think it has the benefits of black in showing off the lines of the car, but without quite so much upkeep. Lunar Blue does not tend to purple like some dark blues.

It's all a matter of taste, I guess. Personally, I've never cared for white cars, especially SUVs. Reminds me of an old-style chest freezer. I admit the white may help keep the car cooler in a hot sunny climate. But I have covered parking at work and a garage at home, so that's not so big an issue for me.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:57 PM

I think the general consensus here is - PICK WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

This forum is rife with people arguing over subjective matters (more so than other sections) and it's sort of laughable to hear the amount of cheap shots people take at each over differences such as color, ~'12 or '13 models, and even the OPTIONS they put in their car. I can't believe how many people say the AMG styling package is a MUST (I think it gives the car a gap toothed smile), Lighting package is a MUST (Some cannot fathom paying $1000 to repair a marginally brighter headlight down the road) or that the MM package screen is a MUST, or that so and so option is a MUST have, even down to something as silly as a plastic milk crate ( I find a folded IKEA bag mch more useful).

Nothing is a must. No one person's opinion is more valid than another person's opinion. Do what YOU want! It's your car!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by dcjwlee
I think the general consensus here is - PICK WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

This forum is rife with people arguing over subjective matters (more so than other sections) and it's sort of laughable to hear the amount of cheap shots people take at each over differences such as color, ~'12 or '13 models, and even the OPTIONS they put in their car. I can't believe how many people say the AMG styling package is a MUST (I think it gives the car a gap toothed smile), Lighting package is a MUST (Some cannot fathom paying $1000 to repair a marginally brighter headlight down the road) or that the MM package screen is a MUST, or that so and so option is a MUST have, even down to something as silly as a plastic milk crate ( I find a folded IKEA bag mch more useful).

Nothing is a must. No one person's opinion is more valid than another person's opinion. Do what YOU want! It's your car!
For the most part people have been fabulous on here. I realize its my choice, but i value the opinions of others that have already made a GLK purchase. I value learning their insight as to why they chose the color they did. In the end, i will make my own choice, but that will be made with input with the great people on this forum who take the time to respond. I truly value their opinions, and i for one have and hope to continue to enjoy hearing their comments about colors on the glk. It has already helped greatly.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Bi-Xenon lighting & amber rear turn signals should be standard equipment on every vehicle on the road long before back up cameras become mandatory.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
As for color, the person paying for it can choose anything that pleases them. 100% approval from non-paying viewers is not guaranteed.

Happy New Year Y'all!

Wayne
Old 01-01-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
Besides the personal choice of colors there are two factors to consider. Dark colors can heat the interior of the car in direct sun, and summer, to 50-60 degrees more than I white or light colored car. If someone is in and out of the car frequently in summer, dark can be terrible. The other factor is cleanliness. Dust and dirt show up more on dark. If you're willing to put up with those inconveniences then it becomes a matter of personal choice. The southern states are the greatest candidates for the light colored cars.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:24 PM

I have to say, after reading all the comments here I am really starting to like Palladium Silver. It seems a very good fit for the GLK.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
I have to say, after reading all the comments here I am really starting to like Palladium Silver. It seems a very good fit for the GLK.
Great minds think alike.
Down here in Houston, where winter lasts a day or two if it happens at all, the casual observer would swear that M-B only sells black vehicles. Go figure.

Wayne
Old 01-01-2013, 10:48 PM

06 C 350 2014 GLK350
Originally Posted by Bob338
Besides the personal choice of colors there are two factors to consider. Dark colors can heat the interior of the car in direct sun, and summer, to 50-60 degrees more than I white or light colored car. If someone is in and out of the car frequently in summer, dark can be terrible. The other factor is cleanliness. Dust and dirt show up more on dark. If you're willing to put up with those inconveniences then it becomes a matter of personal choice. The southern states are the greatest candidates for the light colored cars.
I'm sorry to disagree but your temperature increases for black are completely wrong. There may be a small difference but, at best, a few degrees.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 PM

2013 GLK 350
Color

Mine is the diamond white -- very nice but is overpriced.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by ATrudell
Mine is the diamond white -- very nice but is overpriced.

Does color affect price..?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:44 PM

2013 GLK 350
It's the highest price color -- more than $1,500 US.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
when I purchased my GLK i was stuck between white and black (both with black interior)...I opted for white because it showed off the lines of the car better than the black in my opinion and it appears cleaner for a longer duration. also, it dissipates heat more. but black always looks so much sinister. you can always compromise with silver or gunmetal grey? but white and black where the 2 choices I had in front of me at the time.