GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Picked up new GLK this weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura TL
Picked up new GLK this weekend

I finally took possession of my GLK this weekend. I ordered it just after Christmas last year, so it took just under 2 months to get here. I've only had 1.5 days to drive around, but so far I love it. My salesman thought I was crazy for ordering a car without the panoramic sunroof, but I've rarely used sun/moon roofs in my previous cars so I ordered it without and saved $1400.

The only thing I'm second guessing is the color choice...Diamond Silver. My wife really liked the Diamond Silver and I saw it on another vehicle at the dealership and thought it just looked like silver. After seeing our GLK this weekend in different lighting, I'm questioning my choice. There's an awful lot of blue when you're not in direct sunlight. Hopefully it grows on me. The pics below show the GLK in the shade and in the sun.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:23 AM

2009 Lancer Ralliart
Looks super nice to me! The color nearly matches the rims in the lighting of the 2nd photo.

Salseman tend to go crazy when you don't want a package. How could you not want the X!? It means less commission for me!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 AM

Received 218 Likes on 142 Posts
2021 GLE450
Looks good to me -- I like the color. I still haven't selected a favorite color myself. There are three or four strong possibilities should I choose to order a GLK down the road. MB owners are actually pretty lucky with color choices here in the US - particularly compared to Audi. That said, I'd still like to see a metallic red option in a darker hue than Mars.

I understand your position on the pano roof. At least MB gives buyers an option to delete the roof with a credit. My last car had a roof constructed of standard/non-tinted glass that made the car too hot to leave uncovered. A total waste. I love the roof on my X1, however, and leave the shade open most of the time.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 AM

2013 CTS-V, 2017 Audi Q7 / Past MB's: 2011 ML350 & 2012 ML350
Congrats and enjoy!!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
Originally Posted by Cyber GS
Congrats and enjoy!!
Congratulations.

I ordered a GLK on the 5th of December and it won't be in LA until March 11th.

I originally ordered it without the Pano roof because it's so hot here in Arizona I seldom even open the shade on my E550. However, when I found out that there is no other sunroof other than the Pano roof, I changed my order to get it.

I think it might be harder to sell the GLK down the road w/o a sunroof.

I like that color but I checked the entire dealer inventories in the Phoenix area and chose the most popular color, white. The Polar white isn't as creamy as the white I had on my 2008 E350.

I also ordered leather which is something dealers don't stock. Their business is lease and they want to keep the price down plus MB-Tex holds up better than leather so when they take a car back they can expect the upholstery to be in good shape.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
Diamond silver is the same as I ordered! Loved it and prefer it to the Iridium silver I have on my E350, or the Paladium silver. Saw all of them before I ordered.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
My SL was Diamond Silver. It's been a few years since its been offered- it's nice to see it back again. Yes, it is definitely blueish. I had charcoal interior which toned it down a bit, I thought. A friend's wife had ash interior on hers, same color, and it was a much softer look (more feminine) I thought.

Good luck with the GLK- you'll love it.

Do you have the wood trim inside?
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM

GLK350, G55, AMG GTS, C63 507
Congrats I actually really like the color, it looks awesome especially in the 2nd pic!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:03 AM

Acura TL
Originally Posted by boylston
Do you have the wood trim inside?
Yes. I went with the standard Burl Walnut. It is a little shiny, but otherwise looks very nice. The options I went for are 4Matic, Prem 1 (w/o pano), Multimedia, HK stereo, Keyless Go and Heated Seats in Almond/Mocha MB Tex. I stayed away from the other electronic options. I did debate getting the Driver Assist pkg with the Distronic cruise control since the technology sounds cool, but went without since my commute to work doesn't involve any stop-and-go traffic.