GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2013 Observations Sport vs Eco & Park ronic question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GLK350 4matic
2013 Observations Sport vs Eco & Park ronic question

An observation worth noting between Sport and Eco mode on the 2013.
I notice in Eco mode, from a dead stop the transmission will always start in 2nd gear. Except when the accel pedal is floored the transmission will start in 1st, but it will hesitate for a second as it down shifts from 2nd to 1st. Sport mode will always start in 1st gear and the ratio is quite low. Sport mode also holds the rpms higher before an upshift. Thats why Sport mode feels alot more livlier and responsive than in ECO. Versus my old 2010, the 2013 engine is a gem. It revvs more freely, pulls hard in the upper rev range all the way to redline, is smoother and quieter. A wonderful powertrain combination overall.

As for the Parktronic system. I was trying to activate it and had some issues. I pull up beside a parked car on my right and i could not get the system to detect the car. I could not get the arrow beside the blue "P" indicator. How close or far do i really need to be beside a parked car to initiate the system? I tried about 4 times without success...thanks
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 AM

2013 GLK350 4matic
Nobody has the Parktronic system?...
Old 04-26-2013, 05:28 PM

2013 GLK 300 4MATIC Sport
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Tugzy
An observation worth noting between Sport and Eco mode on the 2013.
I notice in Eco mode, from a dead stop the transmission will always start in 2nd gear. Except when the accel pedal is floored the transmission will start in 1st, but it will hesitate for a second as it down shifts from 2nd to 1st. Sport mode will always start in 1st gear and the ratio is quite low. Sport mode also holds the rpms higher before an upshift. Thats why Sport mode feels alot more livlier and responsive than in ECO. Versus my old 2010, the 2013 engine is a gem. It revvs more freely, pulls hard in the upper rev range all the way to redline, is smoother and quieter. A wonderful powertrain combination overall.

All true. The only downside I've seen with Sport mode is that fuel consumption seems much higher Besides, 2nd gear seems to start just fine, I haven't felt it to lack power or lag
Old 04-26-2013, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK250 BT
Nobody has the Parktronic system?...
You are not alone. Had the same issue with mine. Brought it in and the service guy says it is working. Then he takes me on a little demo in his lot and it did not work half the time. His reasoning was that the spots were not good enough. I think there must be some factor that causes it to miss out on good parking spots and i will be trying to determine what that is.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:43 AM

2010 BMW 335d, 2013 GLK250
My parktronic seems to be working 90% of the time that I tried using it. What I found best is to pull up right next to the car in front of the spot that you want to get in to and initiate the sequence. Make sure that you've pulled up past the rear of the car and you'll see your parking assist icon come up.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:33 AM

2013 GLK 350
I have yet to try mine out, because we actually have hardly any parallel parking spots in AZ. If I stumble upon one I will try to use it lol
Old 05-01-2013, 06:56 AM

2013 GLK350 4matic
Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
I have yet to try mine out, because we actually have hardly any parallel parking spots in AZ. If I stumble upon one I will try to use it lol
Im in the same boat...im not sure why i got the feature, which i think is stupid actually. I have no problems parallel parking and get it right 100% of the time...
Old 05-02-2013, 01:06 PM

2013 GLK 350
Im in the same boat...im not sure why i got the feature, which i think is stupid actually. I have no problems parallel parking and get it right 100% of the time...
haha at least it might help resale value? lol