GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Nubie w/ Glk 300

Old 09-17-2014, 10:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
GLK 220 CDI Sport
Nubie w/ Glk 300

Hello from Brazil, and a few questions about a 2012 model:
1. Is there any OEM ipod interface kit for system 20 headunit stereo?
2. Anpyone experiencing som annoying rattle noise in the back/inside trunk area, worried if any suspensiono or body fitting ps can cause that? Tried and tested all possible loose itens and pannels, seat lashes, spare tyre etc...
3.is it plug and play an Amg steering wheel (chrome insert)?
4. Anyone knos if the larger Amg brake sets like c63's are direct bolt ons? Do I need everything or just F n R calipers?
5. In case no ipod unterface, is the "command" headunit's also adirect bolt on? How is its mapping update? Memory cards, usb, or disc?
Tks!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
It seems that most are not responding, I will do my best.

1. I have a 2010 and there is a plug in the glove box. If the plug is in yours MB has a cable to plug into it. Note it is only available with the COMAND system.

2. There is a thread on the rattle from the rear of the vehicle Cannot tell you if this will help. Here is the Link

3. I cannot answer that.

4. C63 brakes and rotors are a different size.

5. Replacing the 5 inch with the 7 inch screen and head end unit is not an issue but it is a major undertaking and probably not worth it. Maps are easy to update but you need disks from MB or Navigation.com. There is a thread that shows an after market head unit that looks very nice but it is here in the US. The USB, iPod and media interface on the COMAND head end are nice. I have it but don't use it. I like the Navigation and the built in hard drive for my music.

Hope some of this helps.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:32 AM

GLK 220 CDI Sport
Originally Posted by MKenM
It seems that most are not responding, I will do my best.

1. I have a 2010 and there is a plug in the glove box. If the plug is in yours MB has a cable to plug into it. Note it is only available with the COMAND system.

2. There is a thread on the rattle from the rear of the vehicle Cannot tell you if this will help. Here is the Link

3. I cannot answer that.

4. C63 brakes and rotors are a different size.

5. Replacing the 5 inch with the 7 inch screen and head end unit is not an issue but it is a major undertaking and probably not worth it. Maps are easy to update but you need disks from MB or Navigation.com. There is a thread that shows an after market head unit that looks very nice but it is here in the US. The USB, iPod and media interface on the COMAND head end are nice. I have it but don't use it. I like the Navigation and the built in hard drive for my music.

Hope some of this helps.
Thanks my friend, just took the rear right strut, and perfectly fit and tight and, the rattle is from the struts yellow bumper (one piece with the plastic dust cover (pn A2043260598) must be less than usd 50, will put another cars temporarily and fin the right one, seem the yellow bumper rubber is dry, not really worn and see - as for the aftermarket headunit, Ill be in the US early Nov so any hints of the good and bad ones, Id appreciate your, tks once again
Old 09-20-2014, 11:35 AM

GLK 220 CDI Sport
Originally Posted by Djorge
Thanks my friend, just took the rear right strut, and perfectly fit and tight and, the rattle is from the struts yellow bumper (one piece with the plastic dust cover (pn A2043260598) must be less than usd 50, will put another cars temporarily and fin the right one, seem the yellow bumper rubber is dry, not really worn and see - as for the aftermarket headunit, Ill be in the US early Nov so any hints of the good and bad ones, Id appreciate your, tks once again
Ill be at Secaucus NJ, btw
Old 09-20-2014, 11:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Originally Posted by Djorge
Here is a link take a look at it. Head Unit. Watch the video it is very interesting. Pioneer makes some really nice units. It depends on how much you want to spend.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:59 PM

GLK 220 CDI Sport
2012 GLK rear rattle - still unsolved

Originally Posted by MKenM
Here is a link take a look at it. Head Unit. Watch the video it is very interesting. Pioneer makes some really nice units. It depends on how much you want to spend.
Hey there, afraid that I did not find real cause, rattle indicates some loose piece somewhere, but when testing it with the hand in e rear-right shock, could associate the noise to some vibration on the shock shaft, but still uncertain, when the noise was there driving the car without the shock, just the spring! What a darn mistery, wish anything loose inside trunk or toolbox, was the cause - perception is that is tall from tail gate, like rear spoiler (really wanted to take it off to try), rode the car w/ it open, no difference, so the noise reverberates from somwhere to the impression of being ears' level.... Really annoying....
Old 09-30-2014, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
I just posted elsewhere that my sun shade rattles when it is retracted...
Old 10-10-2014, 08:45 PM

GLK 220 CDI Sport
Local dealer did the job, and found that the right rear shock shaft is the cause, a slight mm side play, and rotated the shocks each side, and rattle is now barely noticeable - next step, replace them, and my next million dollar question is: is there any major difference between the shocks for a 350 (USDm) and a 300 (Brazil, like mine)? 2nd question , anyone using KYBs?