Notices
GLK-Class (X204) Discuss the upcoming GLK-Class. Models include GLK 350.

GLK won't change gears on wheel paddles

Old 05-30-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK220 CDi
GLK won't change gears on wheel paddles

This doesn't happen every time, but sometimes it won't reduce gear when step on gas and transmission doesn't respond to wheel paddles.

Don't know if it's related, but also DTC code P0299 (Underboost condition) lights up sometimes, and car seems to lose power.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Old 05-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 584 Likes on 567 Posts
1999 E300TD
This aint one of those front yard DIY's---find someone with a copy of DAS and buy him dinner---problem solved!
Old 05-31-2018, 12:20 PM

GLK 250 BT, C230 4Matic
Same Happening with me!

Originally Posted by Plutoe View Post
This aint one of those front yard DIY's---find someone with a copy of DAS and buy him dinner---problem solved!
@ danielgdag , did you ever fix your GLK? what did you do?
@Plutoe, so you're saying this isn't something "wrong/broken" with my GLK if I'm having the same problem (and I am) but rather an adjustment of some sort using the DAS?
1- What is happening then?
2- What sort of "adjustment" needs to be done? is it on the engine module or the transmission module?
3- What are the chances of this re-occurring and why does it happen in the first place?

My Car: 2013 GLK 250 Bluetec , 95K experiencing lack of kick down when cruising for a while on speeds higher then 100~120KM/H and suddenly trying to overtake a car, CEL comes on, car doesn't kick down, accelerates slowly.
After shutting off the car, car is back to normal acceleration kick down etc, until the same condition as above and same happens over again. CEL doesn't come off unless reset though!
The car at all states will rev above 2000RPM, so as far as I understand its not in "limp" mode, or is it?
Many thanks
Old 05-01-2019, 11:45 AM

GLK 250 BT, C230 4Matic
Problem was a hair crack in one of the turbo hoses to the inter-cooler.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:04 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 GLK 250
I was just going to suggest looking at the lower right hose (looking toward the engine bay from the front) going to the intercooler. They seem to like splitting.

You can tape it up and run it until you get the new hose. Good job finding it and likely saving yourself quite a bit of coin.