GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Finally got it done - GLK250 DPF/SCR Deleted and EGR disabled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 02:06 AM

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts
yes
Originally Posted by Thuppu
Reply to old post... This is the right way to do if you somehow need to delete the DPF. By deleting also the catalyst the car will smell like an old diesel truck from the 80's. The smell will just came after you everywhere you drive. Not very nice and doesn't suite the looks and status of the car. 😁

I really miss the old Diesel truck and bus exhaust smell but I know times have changed...
Old 11-23-2023, 11:42 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 GLK250
Originally Posted by MBKLUE
I really miss the old Diesel truck and bus exhaust smell but I know times have changed...
Yes when I burn B20 biodiesel like a lot of trucks use these days it seems to have a more pleasant odor.
Old 11-23-2023, 02:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG E63s
Originally Posted by gasmileageguy
Had my 2013 in for the recall last year, I have the 10 starts until you are a brick message. They replaced a ton of stuff, to the tune of almost $20k and the car was good, but now I am getting the DP error code P203D so instead of trying to get the DEF system fixed, I think I will go ahead with the delete. I really love this car, but the DEF system is a nightmare.
You can contact the guys at OBDTUNE.com to have the DEF EGR Flaps and DPF removed.
They offer a hand-held module that installs the new software into the ECU directly, so you won't need to drive to a service center or rent special equipment.
It was easy and a pleasure to work with true experts in their field!