Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > GLK-Class (X204)
Mystery oil leak on glk250 (om651 engine) >

Mystery oil leak on glk250 (om651 engine)

Notices
GLK-Class (X204) Discuss the upcoming GLK-Class. Models include GLK 350.

Old 05-17-2019, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glk250

Hello, would anyone happen to know where the line at the back of the om651 engine leads to? And why it would be leaking oil? Iím thinking possibly a drain for the valve galley in the center of the valve cover where the injectors go, or maybe a tattle tale from the cylinder heads or over flow from the engine block/ oil pan..

Iíve ordered a valve cover gasket but Iím hoping someone could shed some light before I start disassembly. Iíll attach photos of the hose in question itís routed down the drivers side of the engine and is tethered to the side of the bellhousing. It is #240 in the diagram. Thanks -Ryan

Old 05-17-2019, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glk250
Ok, I think Iíve got it figured my guess is this hose is a secondary crankcase vent (to atmosphere) as a fail safe should the primary crankcase breather become plugged in order to avoid excessive crank case pressure which would throw codes and probally blow out seals/be hard on components. Iím going to clean/replace pcv system when I get around to it and see if this remedyís the leak. I will post photos and results should anyone else ever have this problem.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:04 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 GLK 250
Subscribed. Good luck and post back!