2008 GLK 220 CDI Camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2023, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 220 CDI
2008 GLK 220 CDI Camber adjustment

Hi!

Does anybody know which bolt in the rear that controls the Camber-angle? The upper or lower arm at the wheel or in the chassi? I need to fix it since it has been lowered and the wear to the inside tire is crazy. I had it at the shop for wheel alignment but I saw in the papers afterwards that they hadn´t done the camber in the back due to too rusty bolts so now I am on my own. I just can´t see any bolt that looks "excentric"

Regards
Old 09-10-2023, 05:18 AM

Received 95 Likes on 83 Posts
yes
Originally Posted by Lingerino
Hi!

Does anybody know which bolt in the rear that controls the Camber-angle? The upper or lower arm at the wheel or in the chassi? I need to fix it since it has been lowered and the wear to the inside tire is crazy. I had it at the shop for wheel alignment but I saw in the papers afterwards that they hadn´t done the camber in the back due to too rusty bolts so now I am on my own. I just can´t see any bolt that looks "excentric"

Regards

Not 100% sure but I do not think there is one. The smart thing to do would be to restore the GLK to the factory ride height.
Old 09-10-2023, 05:24 AM

GLK 220 CDI
Originally Posted by MBKLUE
Not 100% sure but I do not think there is one. The smart thing to do would be to restore the GLK to the factory ride height.
yeah...I know but my daughter doesnt agree with the normal ride height idea 😆
The following users liked this post:
Thguns (09-11-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 06:38 AM

Received 95 Likes on 83 Posts
yes
yeah...I know but my daughter doesnt agree with the normal ride height idea 😆

Excessive camber reduces grip and traction. Increases stopping distance and that puts her, and other road users, at increased risk. If she wants a lower ride height she should get a Mazda Miata or a Ferrari.
Old 09-10-2023, 07:33 AM

GLK 220 CDI
I'm aware. Thats why I want to reduce the camber angle The GLK is also now converted inte a 30 km/h vehicle which is popular for teenagers here in sweden.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 343 Likes on 272 Posts
'17 GLS450, '14 GLK250, Grandpa's Roadster
It is not adjustable from the factory. There is company here in the US that makes camber adjustment kits. I think they cover the GLK. https://k-mac-camber-kits.com/
Disclaimer: I don't have any first hand knowledge of them.
The following users liked this post:
Thguns (09-11-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 08:52 AM

GLK 220 CDI
How to remove upper rear control arm

Hi again
I have now purchased adjustable camber arms for the rear. My question now is if anybody knows how to remove the inner bolt of those upper camber arms because the chassi is in the way for the bolt to slide out. Do I need to lower the entire rear "wheel frame" in orde to gain access to the bolt properly? Anybody that has done this operation?

Regards
Old 10-10-2023, 06:56 PM
SPONSOR

Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Hi again
I have now purchased adjustable camber arms for the rear. My question now is if anybody knows how to remove the inner bolt of those upper camber arms because the chassi is in the way for the bolt to slide out. Do I need to lower the entire rear "wheel frame" in orde to gain access to the bolt properly? Anybody that has done this operation?

Regards
Have attached a K-MAC instruction sheet for “rear suspension upper Camber adjustable arms” - this we provide with each kit.

Includes the method for installation / removal of inner bolts.

Upper arms because of difficulty of fitment and also access to accurately align we only recommend if wanting to increase negative camber to allow fitment of extra wide tires and gain clearance “top of tire to outer fender”.

NOTE - If wanting to resolve premature inner edge wear “upper arms” reduce this outer fender clearance.

While K-MAC GLK W204 P/N 502126 (incls “Extra” Toe) retains this clearance. Can also fit without need for lower arm removal. Is precise “single wrench” adjustable. Easily accessible and ultimate adjustment - direct on alignment rack (under load).

See Spoiler
Spoiler

AUDI to VOLVO - K-MAC Experience Of Resolving OEM Suspension Shortcomings Since 1964 !

Last edited by K-Mac; 10-10-2023 at 07:19 PM.